[MOD] Genetic Era for Warlords

Hello everyone. I am turning a bit of attention back to this mod for an unknown amount of time (probably limited... but we will see).

Some people have been asking for a BtS version. Some of you for a long time. I considered it, started work (see below), and even started a discussion thread for it but when Civ 5 was announced I didn't want to put a lot of work into something that would likely need to redone in a few months.

As it turns out however, I was not impressed by Civ5 (even though I LOVED some of the new features... such as hex tiles and the amazing artwork.) But the cost was too high... having to deal with Steam, its slowness to run on my computer, and the lack of good SDK developers with like minds.

When I am in a situation where I can afford a decent upgrade to my current computer I may overcome my lack of enthusiasm for Civ 5 but to be honest, I occasionally miss playing Civ and so I am considering working on this again.

As I have said before, it would be nice to do a BtS version and expand the mod even further but I would like to finish another project before such an attempt is made. I am currently working on an application that will automatically update the XML files for BtS. If I can get that working, it will make updating the XML so much easier (and there is a LOT to update).

Short of that... I am not sure that I am willing to do this immense project on my own. We will see.

Meanwhile I have re-uploaded the last version of this mod to a server with a 4GB per month download capacity. If you are new to this mod and have been wanting to download the Warlords mod you may do so here. (Link on first post has also been updated. Please let me know if the bandwidth expires so that I can try another location.

Would you consider merging your mod with the future mod or just abandoning your mod and joining Tholishes future mod as a team? since you probably know how to impliment the future sea stuff, you could help tholish add it in to his mod as well as the invisibility stealth feature and others or you might be able to use everything in his mod, then merge it into your mod witch I only say that becuase I think somewhere in the future mod thread he said people can use his mod for other future mods or scenarios. He is supposedly going to update his mod but mabey he abandoned it.

I will consider it. I like many of the ideas in that particular mod but not all of them. I am currently working on the Editor project and in the middle of the move. When things settle down I will be going back to school. IF I have any time I might consider something like this.

any chance for reupload the mod? the download link is not working anymore.

Top Bottom