[MOD] Sevo's CivFanatics Fusion 2.0

Appren said:
Lithuanian leader said nothing when we first met, no greeting text.

Yeah...I've had a couple of those, too. I think it's the SuperCiv itself--it has some gaps. I'll patch that up eventually, but that's going to be a big project.

I also got a whole bunch of French translations that I didn't have time to merge in yet.

lordroy said:
I know you said that you had too many updates to name.... but...
I really really really really really would like to see that list completed for 2.2
I wanna know what you did and what you didnt.... so I can add/ect...
-=R=-

Pretty much the list I posted encompasses all of the major version changes. I made a lot of undocumentable changes to single unit stats, game speeds, that kind of thing, but the list should be complete for the purpose of making other changes. Also, thanks for the second d/l link (I only posted one before going to bed). I'm copying it to the front page.

Sevo said:
Pretty much the list I posted encompasses all of the major version changes. I made a lot of undocumentable changes to single unit stats, game speeds, that kind of thing, but the list should be complete for the purpose of making other changes. Also, thanks for the second d/l link (I only posted one before going to bed). I'm copying it to the front page.

So-
-Incorporated LordRoy's addition of Homegrown's Clock Mod
-Incorporated LordRoy's addition of Settler Religion Mod

is in... and you are planning-

-Add Caravans Mod as merged by Lordroy

1) If you like ill work on the Caravan Merge again.
2) Greatperson Mod & Jungleclear Mod (that I added before) could be added again if you want them. Let me know.

-=R=-

Croat leaders are purple; no pics.

Edit: except Zrinski

lordroy said:
So-

2) Greatperson Mod & Jungleclear Mod (that I added before) could be added again if you want them. Let me know.

-=R=-

what's the JungleClear Mod ?

Sevo:

I had a brainstorm last night. I went looking for the XML attributes for the "Road" improvement. My train of thought was that, if a road can be built outside of your borders, then isolate what allows them to be built outside of your borders. Give said attribute to fort, and then you've got forts outside of cultural borders. Giving forts a cultural border of their own, however, might require Python, or God forbid, the SDK. I couldn't find the road's XML code, though. Is it not with the other terrain improvements?

lordroy said:
So-

-=R=-

I merged Great Person (it's on the homepage, guess it got left off the list!). The caravan Merge I just wanted to breeze through before including because I wasn't familiar with it, but it looked okay. If you merge it again I'll either include it straight up or put the inclusion on the front page for those who want it.

The Jungle clear mod I think I want to leave out: here's why. Jungle sucks. I think those huge patches of jungle you sometimes find are interesting precisely because you look at them and think: man, I could use that area, but it'll take 500 years to turn it into anything productive. I like that because it's challenging. Also, this mod does grant some production yield to chopping jungle, so all that jungle contributes to your city production while you're clearing it.

Sevo said:
I merged Great Person (it's on the homepage, guess it got left off the list!). The caravan Merge I just wanted to breeze through before including because I wasn't familiar with it, but it looked okay. If you merge it again I'll either include it straight up or put the inclusion on the front page for those who want it.

The Jungle clear mod I think I want to leave out: here's why. Jungle sucks. I think those huge patches of jungle you sometimes find are interesting precisely because you look at them and think: man, I could use that area, but it'll take 500 years to turn it into anything productive. I like that because it's challenging. Also, this mod does grant some production yield to chopping jungle, so all that jungle contributes to your city production while you're clearing it.

Glad to see GreatPerson got added... guess I have not played with the new version a whole lot yet (I am finishing up a few games from the old one).

Caravan is a work in progress. I like having Caravans and Entertainers, I think Id also like to work with Scientists and Tax Collectors as well... but I was intimidated by the original work.

I think the jungle clear mod is something that helps out at the begining, but doesnt really help out later. If your starting city is surrounded by jungle, you might as well start over, its not going to work. The jungle that is cleared is only the 8 tiles around your city, so it isnt like you get a huge boost, just no immediate negative issue. You also get no production bonus from this "quickchop", because (I guess) instead of "chopping" you are "burn it to the ground quick". If you are getting ready to settle the 2nd and 3rd city, I think that you would need this extra boost to get rid of that crappy land just to keep up. IMHO... I think it is needed... but I can understand your point.

Obviously there are many who also hate jungles... as well as deserts and tundra.... but eh...

-=R=-

Awesome. Its sweet to see this mod evolving and adding depth and more fun to the game while maintaining balance and strategy. I will be running it multiplayer over the next few weeks and willl post what i see.

Anyway.........So, maybe I can get one response :rolleyes: I hope.

Civscale no longer seems to function with this latest version. I can no longer change the unit size to scale them down. Maybe it's just me, but I would appreciate any advice.

If your starting city is surrounded by jungle, you might as well start over, its not going to work.

Would it be possible to make it:
a) The full eight square slash & burn applicable to only the first city? (Thus allowing for a relatively fair start)
b) In the interests of variety, making it only destroy between 25%-75% of the surrounding eight jungles in either the next few cities or all later cities? (Thus preserving both challenge and interest whilst giving the city some room to grow at least a little)

First off, great job over the past months making great mods Sevo... seriously, very impressed.

My idea here: have you thought about working with one (or more) of the other compiled mod creators?

You've done a great job, but so have some of the other guys... cip: gekko (total experience mod). I've been switching back and forth between TE, Comp. Mod v16, and this one, because all of them rock, but all of them have a few things that I wish the other had.

I just figure, if two or three of you guys that are so well versed at doing these mega-mods got together and worked on a giant integration, you could come up with something that is near perfection, heh.

Anyway, my two cents.

Sevo,
Quick question...
Are you planning on adding the Random events mod? If this has been asked, i apologize for my laziness to look through the 12 pages :)

grazie

thanks lordroy for the upload.

Shichiaikan - i agree with your suggestions.... i wish it could have happend = it really can achive prefection .
currently - i think sevo is the biggest avaylble now.

sevo - i saw that you used one of the older versions of promotions and trait?
why didnt u use the newest? just a thought...

I'm running into a problem. I'm playing a game which I started with your mod, version 2.0, and I tried to reload it after updating your mod. Everything worked fine until I tried to load my saved game. Then, the error message said that there was a run-time error, and that civ4.exe was asked to terminate.

Is there a fix for this?

Edit: I need a link to the old version. The new one broke my game.

Sevo, thanks a lot for this great update! I'm pleased to report that the Military Advisor now works, and is considerably better than the old one!

I don't wish to sound ungrateful, but is there any way that I can disable the additional civs? I'm not a big fan of things that stick out as being clearly modded, and I find the new leaders a bit jarring to say the least. Is there anything I can change in e.g. an ini, to stop the new civs appearing?

Thanks again.

I am having difficulty loading this MOD. I have downloaded the file to my CIV IV directory and changed my Civ.Ini to Mods=Mods/sevomod. But when I start the game, I get an error message saying that this is not a valid mod and so is ignoring. I apologize for my ignorance, but what am I doing wrong!:confused:

Remulak - you should just write the name of the librery whith the mod is locaed in - mods= sevomod thats all.

homersheineken - yes there is the random mod -i saw the readme

sevo - hi i wondered i little in your mod with the short time that i had,
i know you probably aware of it, there is a lot of cosmetics needs to be made with the civs..... i noticed some civs have a problem with their flag - which displayed as black or white - knowen problem.

i my self not fond of superciv, its highly not perfect - but its satisfing.

i kinda gotten used to exavier small units - so ill use civscale to reduce the size of them.
another thig 0 ill add fx mammoth map.

anyway - great job again, now lets test it.

Top Bottom