[MOD] Sevo's CivFanatics Fusion 2.0

A couple days ago I posted a save game that I was having troubles with. Turns out I was playing a mod called "sevo test" instead of the "sevomod". I'm sure I followed the link from the first post. How'd this happen?

Wipperwill said:
A couple days ago I posted a save game that I was having troubles with. Turns out I was playing a mod called "sevo test" instead of the "sevomod". I'm sure I followed the link from the first post. How'd this happen?

Ahhaaa...You downloaded the version with the Civs added into it by Keldath. He had previously reported some problems with saved games. I'll take the link down for now since it seems to be having problems. Keldath was trying to merge some of the civ packs in for those who were anxious to play with more civs. I'll include civs in the next version.

stgelven said:
Sevo, i completed the translation into french of your mod (the files in the txt folder) here is the file, if u want use them with your next update.

here the zip :
:worship: Many Thanks! I will gladly include them.

Hey Sevo great job on your faces of god mod. I'm looking forward to your next release of both mods that your doing. If you need any help on the XML files i'll be glad to offer my services. I'm getting real good at the XML process. I've edited this mod to include the navy seals, edited the civics and the improvements as well. Just send me a message if you need any extra help. I bow down to the Civ4 modding God.:worship:

@Sevo-
Hey, I know you are working on an update to this along with your Religion mod (and also the melding of the two).

What I would like to know is, what are you immediate update and expansions of Sevomod? As you can see, I have been modifying your code in places for things I like (and what others have asked for), and, I did not want to waste cycles on things that you are (or have) already decided to add/remove/modify. I am no coder, but again, I am learning the basics thru the wonders of other's work (including yours, thanks!).

------------

Badmojo said:
GreatPerson MOD v0.3 - by Requies and Dr Elmer Jiggle (the one whitout popup!!!) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=143589

OK, I did something VERY small to make this "sorta" work for this mod.

All I did was edit the names of the Great Persons to add what they are. It is not "international" as it is only in english, but it works with Sevomod. I tried to add it into Sevomod as is, but I ran into a problem, and with it got a solution:
Dr Elmer Jiggle said:
I see the problem. That mod includes a revised XML/Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml file. In that file, the definitions of the great people have hardcoded names. For example, you'll see this toward the end of the file:

Code:
<UnitInfo>
	<Class>UNITCLASS_ENGINEER</Class>
	<Type>UNIT_ENGINEER</Type>
	<UniqueNames>
		<UniqueName>Imhotep</UniqueName>
		<UniqueName>Archimedes</UniqueName>

As a result, the names are no longer looked up in CIV4GameTextInfos_GreatPeople.xml. If you compare this with the game's original CIV4UnitInfos.xml in Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Assets/XML/Text, you'll see that the names are coded as text keys there.

Code:
<UnitInfo>
	<Class>UNITCLASS_ENGINEER</Class>
	<Type>UNIT_ENGINEER</Type>
	<UniqueNames>
		<UniqueName>TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_IMHOTEP</UniqueName>
		<UniqueName>TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_ARCHIMEDES</UniqueName>

Those are then mapped to the names in CIV4GameTextInfos_GreatPeople.xml. The main advantage that offers has to do with internationalization/localization. Sevo's mod will always display English names for the great people, regardless of the user's language. If you restore the keys so the names are looked up from the text infos, they will display in English, German, French, etc., depending on the game's settings.

So to get this mod to work in conjunction with Sevo's mod, you would need to change Sevo's CIV4UnitInfos.xml to restore the original great person names. I'm not sure why Sevo's file would have this problem, so you might want to be a little careful about exactly which parts of the file you revert and which ones you keep. You might accidentally undo some important part of his mod without realizing it.

So again, all I have done is change the name from "<UniqueName>Moses</UniqueName>" to "<UniqueName>Moses (Prophet)</UniqueName>" (and all the others in that file). Now when a Great Person is born, you know what they are.

To install, replace the "CIV4UnitInfos.xml" included in this post into the "\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS\Sevomod\Assets\XML\units" folder (backing up the old one of course). Thats it. Very easy.

again, I am no coder, but I am learning.

-=R=-

Attachments

• AddGreatPersontoSevo.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 89
Sorry if this has already been reported, but is anyone else's Military Advisor not working properly?

OK, I have another reqested addition to Sevomod.

This time I have added Caravans. It comes from here:

MOD: Caravans and Supply Trains

... and this is a recap of what it does and how to install into Sevomod:

DESCRIPTION
=========================
This mod adds three new units, the Caravan, Entertainer, and Freight. As best as I can tell, the AI does know how to produce and use these units. Stats follow:

NOTE: Each of these units is limited to a maximum of 3 each in existence at one time (just like missionaries).

Caravan: Available with Currency and Construction, costs 50 production, has a move of 2, can be captured, can only defend, 0 power. Special abilities: Can perform a trade mission like the Great Merchant but will only produce a base of 50 gold; can hurry the production of the city it resides in by 25 production. Uses the Great Merchant graphic. Upgrades to Freight.

Freight: Available with Railroad, costs 150 production, has a move of 2, can be captured, can only defend, 0 power. Special abilities: can hurry the production of the city it resides in by 100 production; can perform a trade mission like the Great Merchant but will only produce a base of 150 gold. Replaces the Caravan. Uses the Great Merchant graphic.

Entertainer: Available with Drama, costs 40 production, has a move of 2, can be captured, can only defend, 0 power. Special ability: can provide a one-time shot of 15 culture to a city a la the Great Artist ability. Uses the Great Artist graphic.

To Install:

copy "CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml" to \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS\Sevomod\Assets\XML\art (backup as necessary)
copy "CIV4GameTextInfos_Objects.xml" to \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS\Sevomod\Assets\XML\text (backup as necessary)
copy "CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_Units.xml" to \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS\Sevomod\Assets\XML\text (backup un-necessary as it is only added)
copy "CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml" to \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS\Sevomod\Assets\XML\units (backup as necessary)
copy "CIV4UnitInfos.xml" to \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS\Sevomod\Assets\XML\units (backup as necessary)

***************NOTE*******************

I am adding these things into Sevo as I do them. Refer to the previous additions in this thread to see what I have done before. Some elements of this and other modifications to SevoMod is built in sequential order... ie, only install this after you have installed the other mods I have done before. Thanks.

Hope you guys like this.

-=R=-

Attachments

• AddCaravanstoSevo.zip
    175 KB · Views: 93
OK, Here is a small change that I personally love from Greenmod.

I made it so if you build a city, any jungle around your city is cleared. No city would allow itself to build right next to a jungle, and this clears the immediate 8 squares around it from any jungle. Does not affect anything else, just jungle.

Also removed the pigs and sheep from appearing on hills and upped the amount by 10%. All good I think.

TO INSTALL
----------

copy the "CIV4BonusInfos.xml" to the "\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS\Sevomod\Assets\XML\terrain\" folder (backing up old one as necessary)
copy the "CvSevoEventManager.py" to the "\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS\Sevomod\Assets\python\" folder (backing up old one as necessary)

***************NOTE*******************

I am adding these things into Sevo as I do them. Refer to the previous additions in this thread to see what I have done before. Some elements of this and other modifications to SevoMod is built in sequential order... ie, only install this after you have installed the other mods I have done before. Thanks.

Hope you guys like this.

-=R=-

Attachments

• AddJungleClearandecttoSevo.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 94
Maybe you should create your own mod (and own thread) with all the additions you want to have.

Zuul said:
Maybe you should create your own mod (and own thread) with all the additions you want to have.

Here is the thing, I would, but to tell the truth, I dont have the experience in coding nor the time to try and playtest everything. I add things that I see good into SevoMod. I am sharing it with people here, who, have sent me PMs to add something, and, if it is something I like, I go figure it out.

Anyone could do what I am doing. I am just interested enought to "mod" this MOD.

I may start my own thread, but I doutbt it. Sevo has all the thunder here. If he doesn't want me to continue to do this, I wont post anymore, but he has been busy.

-=R=-

Sorry if this's been asked but will Sevo's Faces of God mod be incoroporated, or is it already to some extent?

Bursk said:
Sorry if this has already been reported, but is anyone else's Military Advisor not working properly?

I have seen this also.... I am not sure that anyone has reported it before.... but I looked at the code and it looks right, but I dont know a whole lot about it.

I believe that Sevo Will address this ASAP.

John Capistran said:
Sorry if this's been asked but will Sevo's Faces of God mod be incoroporated, or is it already to some extent?

I know that Sevo has said in his other thread that he will be making
1) SevoMod
2) Sevo Faces of God
3) Combo of both

He is very busy... and never gets to sleep as is. I dont speak for him, but I have seen the amount of work he has put into these things and I think he works too much....

Imagine playtesting everything he does... I cant believe he also works... he must be exhausted by the time he does pass out. The little things that I have added are nothing in comparison of the code that has been edited and re-edited to make everyone happy. Faces of God is a brand new mod with all its bells and whistles.... and he has said that he learned a great deal more than what he did before, so I am sure whatever he decides to do with SevoMod in the future will be just that much better.

-=R=-

I know you may not see this reply because of this thread's sheer size, but the mod looks fantastic! :goodjob: It really looks like it will take the best mods and really improve the game. I'm downloading it now.

Thank you very much for all of your work Sevo. Your mod is very good, and I look foward to any other work you put out.

lordroy said:
Here is the thing, I would, but to tell the truth, I dont have the experience in coding nor the time to try and playtest everything. I add things that I see good into SevoMod. I am sharing it with people here, who, have sent me PMs to add something, and, if it is something I like, I go figure it out.

Anyone could do what I am doing. I am just interested enought to "mod" this MOD.

I may start my own thread, but I doutbt it. Sevo has all the thunder here. If he doesn't want me to continue to do this, I wont post anymore, but he has been busy.

Don't mind at all. You've made some great additions!

I became interested in modding this game when I saw all the incredible mods that people had made for Civ3, and I take it as a compliment when other people are this interested in this mod that they want to add to it and make it even greater! It's really at its heart just a collection of some of the stuff that people this board have come up with, so I'm always happy to have more to work with! I won't include everything--it's a matter of balance, taste, or just the fact that not everything can be included in one mod--but I think thus far it's come along nicely!

So please--MOD away and post your work!

Robo Magic Man said:
I know you may not see this reply because of this thread's sheer size, but the mod looks fantastic! :goodjob: It really looks like it will take the best mods and really improve the game. I'm downloading it now.

Thanks! And just FYI, I read all the posts here! It's how I keep abrest of what else people are looking for. :)

Now...as to the next update: It's in progress! I've got about 40 things on the list from suggestions here and my own little ideas and whatnot. I'll try to keep a little progress meter on the front page :p:mischief:

i wish i could program there is so much id love to change about the game

especially the left out resources

like fruit, citrus fruit, nuts, olive oil * all made in a weinery type thing called a orchard* fruit, nuts and citrus would be food and olive oil would be luxery with chance of gaining health with right add on.

also food for birds adding eggs and meat.

also cotton as luxery then add a garment district add on that allows happiness extra for cotton, silk, sheep, fur and cows *leather* possiblly dyes and possiblly add flax seed as a luxery

possiblly a weaving tech to add silk cotton and flax seed being worked

Top Bottom