[MOD] The Second Revolution!

"A standing army is a type of military in which a large, ready force is always maintained by the state. This is in contrast to more conventional militaries, in which an army is only rallied in the case of a deceleration of war, either by the state that maintains it or an enemy state. Standing armies consist of full time, well-trained soldiers, and all of their state-owned equipment and weapons. This type of military is often found in “war-mongering” nations or fascist states, such as Mussolini’s Italy or Nazi Germany. Such countries create a standing army to maintain complete control over the people and to represent their government’s immense strength on the world stage.
The advantages of having a standing army are that a powerful military is always there to defend your nation or to attack others. The soldiers of your army are very well trained and equipped, making your large force all the more effective. With a standing army there is no problem finding recruits in the event of a war, as you already have a huge, ready force of fully paid troops. The main disadvantage of standing armies is their immense cost. They should only be used if your economy is producing much surplus money. Another disadvantage is that the people may be angered and feel threatened by a constant state controlled military. Then again, some people may feel secured from it.
By: turquoiseninja"

Can you add "By: turquoiseninja" to the end of the militia entry? I don't think I had it there...

I've been thinking about the music selections for the front menu. I think with our sword-bearing dude up there, it would be nice with a medieval war music or something modern with that kind of mood. I'm probly going to drop rage from the title menu, and perhaps add it somewhere into the game. To be honest, i cant get the warlords default song out of my head! it would be so cool if there was a remix of it!

Sorrry i know this stupid but i cant find the Warlords update. isit labeled as something else in this first post? sorry i know this is stupid.

im still halfway through alpha.i am about halfway to beta testing.
As soon as i piece together more of something tangible i will dish it out to all yall.

does anyone have some tips for installing "dales combat mod" into the mod. i think thats the one im gonna roll with.

Hmmm...do you think it would be possible to use one a dem "MAD" mods too? I don't think Marcos or the rebels would have nukes, but everyone else could...Do you like my Standing Army civolopedia entry? Could you please add "By turqouiseninja" to the end of the militia entry?

of course bro. well devised and written. that is what is in the quotations, its what goes in. You dont mind if i spell check it do you? Im not going to edit your grammer errors, if any.

I dont have internet until maybr tonite, and i have to find my warlords disk. i'm moving today so im waiting for my cable to be transferred.

I enjoy having these civics filled by people who are fans of this genre of mod.
Thank you all :goodjob:

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL SECOND REVOLUTIONARIES AND ANGRY ANARCHISTS!

WE MIGHT BE GETTING A SUBFORUM TO CREATE NEW THREADS IN!! PLEASE, IF THIS HAPPENS, COME AND HELLA POST STUFF!!!

that will be all, thank you ;)

OKAY COOL! I WILL!

you're welcome;)

I plan on it, it'd feel even more cool to work on the project with our own forum.
Not that the status quo is that bad.

So, about the mod, how is it coming along?

slowly slowly slowly.
i had to move this weekend to a new apartment. no internet, no computer, no civ, no mod. :cry:
oh well, i plan on starting it back up this week, as well as making an attempt to create a fleshed out forum. (thunderfall willing!)

GarretSidzaka said:
im still halfway through alpha.i am about halfway to beta testing.
As soon as i piece together more of something tangible i will dish it out to all yall.

does anyone have some tips for installing "dales combat mod" into the mod. i think thats the one im gonna roll with.

Checkin' in as promised. :)

Do you have a custom DLL? I'll need the code for that to integrate dcm into. Also let me know if you want all of the components, though I assume that'd be a yes for the missiles, MAD, field arty and combined arms.

But yeah, if you can post the code I'll put it in for you. :) (between playing Oblivion)

Dale

is everyone playing oblivion now?!? i had to give in and beat it because i had to move last weekend. :( but at least i made guild master in all but one guild. (100 hours of playing :crazyeye: )

i dont have a custom dll. what i have been doing is shopping around for one, and your looked the most interesting. you have the cruise missiles, and nukes. the field arty is also great and the combined arms sounds fascinating.

if you can think of any other dll's to add, either by you or someone you know, let me know. i want to get these done before i write the unit xml's.

Very nice work GarretSidzaka! I cannot wait for your Warlords Version.:goodjob:

I also cant wait for the warlords version. i like how in the civics all seem to have an effect,and theres not a usless option reseved for anarchy.

Thanks everyone, im glad you like them. i was working on the buttons all afternoon. i wish i could display all of them ;)

You know, now that i think of it, i could simply rename anarchy to something like, "regime change" or "revolutionary period"

WOW! GarretSidzaka. WOW! Those are frakin' awesome, I can't wait to play this.

^^^Yep! They look most excellent. Where did you get the button for Wage Slavery? It looks familiar.
Have you decided what everyone's starting civics will be?

Top Bottom