[MOD] The Second Revolution!

I think 'anarchist law' should be 'anarchist principle', and change the courthouse to the forum

i believe in a theory loosely based on a legal system designed only to protect individual freedoms, and will never ever side on the "gov't" or a corporations, especially in the case of a single person against an organization. if the person in any smallest way is getting harmed or "losing real freedom". or if your car gets stolen, while you do have to protect rights of the person who stole the car, you have to create compensation for their loss of freedom.

these estimations are merely my ruminations and here are incomplete as well. please feel free to give your ideas and criticisms.

Do you think there could be "Libertarian Law" civic? I am a Libertarian, and I belive that people should be able to do whatever the hell they want, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. So people should just be able to do drugs or prostitution or anything. It really makes sense, the government should only excist to protect people's right to property and freedom. (unless they are convicted of a crime) Why should the government be able to interfere in people's personel choices as long as they don't harm others?
I think a libertarian civic would give +3 happy, +3 health, and be low upkeep.

whilst im not exactly a pure libertarian, i do believe that the laws should protect people, rather than harm them and help corporations and other such entities.

my in-game justification is that with courts actually doing good for people and helping them with "the pursuit of happiness", their presense will give +2 :)
dont worry. 9/10 cities will already have a courthouse in my mod.

HEY guys i got some alpha testing for you if you can see through xml!

i might have this figured before you guys, but im going to take my son to grandma's for now

im getting this in the debug: "Tag in Infoclass was incorrect in CIV4TechInfos.xml". im also getting it twice, but i think i mighta licked one of em

heres the files, all ye who give a crap :D

at least you get a sneak preview of the techs ;)

allright here's what's left, besides some artdefines stuff that will be strait forward. i cant figure out the following:

XML Error

Tag: in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: Technologies/CIV4TechInfos.xml

next one:

XML Error
Tag: in Info Class was incorrect
Current XML file is: Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

ok here are the problem files with every single other xml related error fixed besides the ones that keep popping up on startup, that i listed in post above

Attachments

• naughty bad xmls.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 207
You might find it in the file loaded before it. But I don't know which one is loaded before it. Sorry.

Dale

thats what my brother thinks too [,that it was photoshopped]
but i think it is merely paparazzi style rapid photography, that takes pictures constantly. i figure he was just waving to someone and as he raised or lowered his hand, they nabbed this hitleristic pose. but i agree, he wasnt doin this on purpose.

Hello,
[sorry for my poor english speaking... I'm French.]
First : very good job. This is the mod I prefer !!!
I'm working on french translation of Second Revolution 1.6
I'll send it to you soon.
But I have a problem with soundtracks. I wanted to had/replace some musics, and I can't. Can you help me ?

I see that you write about version 2. When will it be downloadable ?

Hi Fabrysse! Your English is perfect. I am a second year French student, I love French language and culture. I think it is cool that you're doing a translation of Garret's awesome mod so more people can enjoy it. Nice job!

Fabrysse said:
Hello,
[sorry for my poor english speaking... I'm French.]
First : very good job. This is the mod I prefer !!!
I'm working on french translation of Second Revolution 1.6
I'll send it to you soon.
But I have a problem with soundtracks. I wanted to had/replace some musics, and I can't. Can you help me ?

I see that you write about version 2. When will it be downloadable ?

thank you! i've been so glad to see people play my mod. it makes it all worth while! as for the translation good luck, and thank you! i am very fond of the french, and their philosophy.

The soundtracks have been "file renamed" to match the ones in the default Civ4. this means i didnt have to change the xml, only the names of the songs to match the vanilla civ4 song titles.
for second revolution 2.0, i might take a look into recoding the xml, but im not that far yet, im still doing units ;)

Im working on the version 2 almost every day, but i happen to be stuck right now on some lame xml errors (see above posts). but it will be out when it gets out :D
i would love to collaborate for a french translation on it as well! (i plan on using many of the old civilopaedia entries)

i will keep everyone updated!

Hello,
I still have a problem with the names of civs that apear in english... Actually I haven't find why... :crazyeye:
I have a little work on civilopedia, where I listed few errors. I hope it won't be to long.
When it's ok, I post it. :mischief:

Thanks for the sountracks.

hey, no problem :goodjob:
i am hopefully getting a subforum for all contributions to go to! alot of the english items will be there for you to translate for your french version of 2.0!

thanks for contributing to the mod!

I noticed in the xml files you posted above that some of the names are the actual name instead of a reference to a txt definition.

EG:
Revolution
instead of
TXT_TECH_REVOLUTION with the definition defined in the texts folder.

does that screw up warlords? when civ4 was what i was modding, i think i made some of the "descriptions" non-filereferencing, as in i just put exactly what i want it called in the brackets.

i think that the TXT_TECH_blah blah thing was made so that the translations and the stuff fabrysse is doing easier. that way you can simply switch the language. the way im doing it easier for me in the short-term, and allows me to see how the descriptions look artistically without having to make the TXT xml.

Dale said:
I noticed in the xml files you posted above that some of the names are the actual name instead of a reference to a txt definition.

I was forced to correct that, adding the french translation. There is still few problems, but I hope correct them quickly.

okay, i shall redo these files to make them right. it will take a day or so, and maybe that will clear up the xml error. for the units, i will just edit them. but for the technologies, i will start from scratch.

Top Bottom