[MODCOMP] Inquisition Mod

Oh btw OrionVeteran. I apologise for any previous harshness towards you on my part. I do kinda get very defensive when it comes to TheLopez, who I admire so greatly, and your original posts just came across sounding much more critical than you probably meant them to. I notice that the 'tone' of your posts has changed markedly, and I hope that we can put any previous 'Bad-blood' behind us :).

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Aussie_Lurker

I have tried to tone down my “aggressive” writing style and there is no need for an apology. We both have a similar interest (i.e. CIV4) and I do not hold grudges against people. I feel honored to work with you, TheLopez or anyone else to improve this mod and the overall game. I look forward to future correspondence. :)

Sincerely,

Orion Veteran :cool:

TheLopez,

The holidays have come and gone and I was wondering if you are going to fix the missionary problem.

Missionary Problem under Theocracy: If you have both a Monastery and a Temple in a city, the city will allow you to build the Inquisitor, but not a Missionary. The Missionary does not appear in list of things you can build, unless you have 3 inquisitors either unused or being built in other cities.

The Mod plays perfect otherwise. :D Do you think you could resolve this minor irritant anytime soon? :)

Sincerely,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Lopez has largely vanished from Civ4 moding and his last Project the Civilizeditor was much higher prioritity then this mod. I suspect his new baby is taking up all his time and/or a new job.

Impaler[WrG];5540582 said:
Lopez has largely vanished from Civ4 moding and his last Project the Civilizeditor was much higher prioritity then this mod. I suspect his new baby is taking up all his time and/or a new job.

That's too bad, as TheLopez was such a good modder. :sad:

V/R,

Orion Veteran

I miss TheLopez too. Not only is he a great modder & a source of great inspiration to me (he always managed to explain things to me in a way that was easy to understand) but I also considered him a good friend. Hope he comes back when his life becomes a little less hectic (what will that be, 2 or 3 years ;) ).

Aussie_Lurker.

Hope he comes back when his life becomes a little less hectic (what will that be, 2 or 3 years ;) ).

Hardly... that's when the littles ones become a REAL handful. Trust me, I know! :lol:

Lopez will be back, I'm sure of it. Just give it time. :king:

Just a note for the return of TheLopez or if someone else picks up this mod:

I want to see this mod in BTS as it is worthy of consideration. I have played this mod in many CIV4 Warlords games and have found that Theocracy seems to lag behind players who do not convert to a theocracy. The reason is that a lot of resources are spent producing multiple Inquisitors to remove all the non-state religions in your empire and allied empire(s).

Therefore, I believe there should be a far greater benefit for converting to theocracy and achieving religious unity, whether it be for a single city or for all of your cities throughout the empire.

Proposed Bonuses: Two bonuses are needed to off set the increased empire inquisition costs.

1. For every city that has your official state religion established: I like the idea of a city production bonus of +50% (as opposed to the +25% production bonus in organized religion) when all non-state religions have been removed from a city.

2. Additionally, I would like to see the Shrine bonus double to +2 gold when religious unity is achieved for every city in your empire.

These proposed bonuses would make the conversion to the theocracy civic worth the effort.

V/R,

Orion Veteran

Has any progress been made on adapting this to BtS? I see where someone has tried to pull out the inquisitor from the Gods of Old mod, without success.

Top Bottom