modding years per turn?

Zygmunt

Warlord
I really wish i knew how to do this, someone said it can be complicated. So what's the deal with modding years per turn?

I don't think it's that complicated. All of the scenarios do this. You'll want to make changes to GameSpeed_Turns table. Here's an example:

XML:
<GameData>
    <GameSpeed_Turns>
        <Delete GameSpeedType="GAMESPEED_QUICK"/>
        <Row>
            <GameSpeedType>GAMESPEED_QUICK</GameSpeedType>
            <MonthIncrement>6</MonthIncrement>
            <TurnsPerIncrement>1000</TurnsPerIncrement>
        </Row>
    </GameSpeed_Turns>
</GameData>

I implore you to explore other usages of this table in the XML configurations in order to apply your changes.

What tells me exactly how long each one is? Civ IV had it plain as day, years months seasons etc

And where do i find the file your mentioning?

Civ 5's schema is different than Civ 4's, it seems like Civ 5's is more limited. You can go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5GameSpeeds.xml to see more info.

If you want to see the schema / db after any database changes (which is what I do because it's very convenient) then I use DB Viewer for SQLite and open <Users>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\Civ5DebugDatabase.db.

Note, the XML only shows you the configuration. The source code for the actual functionality / implementation would only be found by going through the DLL. It's uploaded to Github here: https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ5-DLL/tree/master/CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion2. I don't recommend this unless you know what you're doing but it is the single best source of truth to answer any questions you have.

I am but a humble modder, it's not my business getting so involved with a PC game. If its' not going to be easy and fun, i guess ill count myself out. Thanks for all the help. Question is CIV VI a big improvement of CIV V or is it a bit nerve wracking too? Do you recommend VI over V?

Modding is pretty much software development so if you don't have a passion for it, that's fine.

I have a limited knowledge of Civ VI modding so unfortunately I cannot be much help there. You are welcome to poke around those forums there and see what it has to offer.
I personally enjoy Civ V more than Civ VI due to the limitations of that game from both a development standpoint as well as gameplay.

i try to love Civ V but it seems it's just not happening. I should at least give Civ VI a try, especially with VII coming out soon enough

Top Bottom