Modern Cargo Ships and Caravans

Chemical Toilet

Chieftain
I was just curious what the requirements for Cargo Ships and Caravans switching their appearances to the modern versions were. I find it kind of odd that my workers and work boats become "modernized" in the industrial age, but in the modern age my cargo ships are still wooden boats and my caravans are still riding camals.

Is there some sort of weird requirement like a certain number of civs adopting ideologies or reaching a particular era for this to happen?

You must reach the Modern Era to see the GWAM's and caravans change, I admit it's a bit confusing as the other changes happen much earlier.

Well, I'm in the modern age now and all of my artists, ships and caravans are still "ancient" looking.

Even with saving the game and re-opening it, it doesn't change. Could this be a bug?

It's not the Modern Era. I've played 2 games so far where they haven't changed appearance even in the modern era. I was beelining Cultural Techs, and thus was skipping the bottom of the tech tree. Therefore, I believe that the appearance change comes at Combustion or something like that.

Top Bottom