Modern Times: a new GMR game?

Onan

Dad
<insert Charlie Chaplin art here>

I'm a little leery of adding an eighth game to an already somewhat stretched GMR play schedule (those two words really shouldn't go together should they), but if the interest is high and I get five others who want to jump on this, I'll probably start it up.

Industrial era start!
Small map, 6 players, first posting, first served, though some preference will be given to established players I know to be reliable. Probably a continents map or something along those lines. Perhaps even Terra.

And I'm thinking, even though it's GMR, with the late start, it might be worth using standard rather than quick speed. I really want to practice with these later eras.

Who's in?

:) stalker! :)

I'm game! :) I definitely need to get some late era practice in as well.

:joke:

...not like we've ever been on the same team. ;)

That's your superior diplomacy skills which turn everyone into your ally. Think about every game so far... None of them has major reason to confront. So if this game is teamed, I want to set the stage of direct cônfrontation with you:p
Please turn your tech narrative off on your GMR turn :lol:

...not like we've ever been on the same team. ;)

Sorry for my bad memory these days. I messed up this one with my teamed GMR game that I joined as a public game with 6 player industrial era start (which is halted). :crazyeye: then magically I saw the settings of this game with team feature, which is apparently not. This one is still FFA, right?

Yep, still FFA. If alliances evolve, so be it.

But thanks for the compliment. :)

I am up for this tho i have around 4 industrial games already running :)
Steam name: Sorc

I am up for this tho i have around 4 industrial games already running :)
Steam name: Sorc

Cool, then you can give us tips!

I'm game! :) I definitely need to get some late era practice in as well.

And welcome again, TiVO! Same steam name? Are you all set up on GMR already?

Thanks Onan. :) Yes, Steam name is TiVO, and I'm all set up on GMR.

Build alot of Science, so you will have hi score with Future Tech!
Spoiler :

Ha, last time I ask you for a tip. :rolleyes:

What the heck. Why not?
Hit me.

Heh, okay.

One more player and we're ready to go.

Do people want to pick civs for the era? Or maybe ban some?

I say Random
thats just fair :)

I say pick, don't want to play Ramsy any more. Sick of being Egypt by any chance.

How about everyone pick the most wanted late era civ, and then the host randomize the 6 civs like we used to be. So it's fair that we could choose the best civ for your opponent as well.

I can imagine Japan, America,Germany, Arab, Sweden, Russia, Austria are popular ones.

Oh, right, vote nukes on.

Egypt with 12 wheat, marble, and deer. :p

Guess we'll see how the others vote. I'm leaning to picking, but haven't really looked at the civs. I guess Germany, US, Japan? Except I hear fighters are pretty useless.

Sounds like a plausible idea, E.

Top Bottom