Modern Times: a new GMR game?

Iroquois could be blast too.... if you do Information start costs of eveything is downscaled, on quick you have 11 ~prod in city of cap 5, and this builds university in 2-3 turns.
Few more hammers , and assuming you got at least 8 forests in capital 3 tile radius = bonus ironworks (1 ironwork more)...... = unmatched cap (and mabby not only cap) production

Danmark is awesome if map have enough shores, as are Sognhai

Japan, Germany, Russia and US are obvious picks

Rome could be good too, but not as good as listed above

I vote nukes off but GDR on, that could be fun

But, we could do some poll for voting civs in, and then roll them.

Iroquois could be blast too.... if you do Information start costs of eveything is downscaled, on quick you have 11 ~prod in city of cap 5, and this builds university in 2-3 turns.
Few more hammers , and assuming you got at least 8 forests in capital 3 tile radius = bonus ironworks (1 ironwork more)...... = unmatched cap (and mabby not only cap) production

Danmark is awesome if map have enough shores, as are Sognhai

Japan, Germany, Russia and US are obvious picks

Rome could be good too, but not as good as listed above

I vote nukes off but GDR on, that could be fun

But, we could do some poll for voting civs in, and then roll them.

Isn't Rome and Iroquois classical power? In G&K we have defense agaist nuke that I want to practice as well. GDR will be too late a thing in the list, but it's nice to play with as well.

Also the game speed is normal not quick. Industrial start not information start.

Good catches, EEE, I hadn't noticed those false premises.

Wouldn't an Info start give you a free university anyway? Curious what we get at industrial...guess I'll just have to try it out!

1. No, Iroquois UB provide +1 hammer per tile, while on quick speed information start the cost of University is something like 25-30 hammers!!! and wonders of Atomic era around 100-120 hammers
They do have Longhouse built automatically, and do start near forests... so they have 1 food 4 hammer tiles from scratch - just put lumbers on it with start workers, which consider those tiles as bridged roads
2. Rome 25% discount on buildings which built in capital? i dont think its classical
3. Infrastructure/Production/Economy have very big importance in Information Era start, more than science
4.Industrial start is something completely different from Infromation, please deicide, it's not same, Industrial, actually have utter importance of tech in order to rush to bombers/stuff, while information start everyone have everything fancy to start with, and if they invest into science can get just only 1 upgrade for this of for that, being in danger to overwhelmed by 2 turns production tank swarm
5. No, you need to build universities as far as i remember.

The Dutch? Polders are great late game and you still keep trade UA.
I think pretty much all civs that have a UB, late UU or 2 UU with decent UA are still viable even this late in the game.

Yeah, i think Info Era is most balanced ..... everyone have some advantage to use... I think ti should be some naval map like continents or even small continents low water map, because if its terra, the pressure with land units will be > naval advantages.

I don't know why you're talking about all these later eras. This game will be an industrial start, like the OP says. "Modern Times" is the name of a famous Charlie Chaplin film set during the industrial revolution.

Ah i saw there information before.... do i mistake? did you changed it?
It's ok with Industrial tho.... France then good as well, Danes even more
Arabs are good due UA, more gold and Oil for bombers....

PS seems i messed 2 eras abit, ok i see, it's Industrial.... It's fine.....

Ah i saw there information before.... do i mistake? did you changed it?
It's ok with Industrial tho.... France then good as well, Danes even more

PS seems i messed 2 eras abit, ok i see, it's Industrial.... It's fine.....

:D somehow this thread also makes me blind in thinking that it was team game not FFA during the first read. Then I was mistaken too.:lol:

heh, i am cool for team game tho, some alternate WW2 scenario.... Order Russia and China vs Freedom-Capitalist USA and Whatever vs Autoritaristic Japan and Germany :D

If the intent is a friendly, casual game, then I vote for picking our Civs. If it's more competitively inclined, then I vote for random pick of the industrial+ era Civs.

I'll join, if I am correct in believing that you still need one more player. As for civ choice, I like EEE's idea- everyone picks a civ, and civs are drawn at random from that pool.

So we have full house, should we pick civs? :)

If the intent is a friendly, casual game, then I vote for picking our Civs. If it's more competitively inclined, then I vote for random pick of the industrial+ era Civs.

That depends on terrain, small terra map really does not have much room for peaceful expansion. Peace is not guaranteed.

I want to choose Sweden for their good UUs in late era and the powerful UA.

That depends on terrain, small terra map really does not have much room for peaceful expansion. Peace is not guaranteed.

I want to choose Sweden for their good UUs in late era and the powerful UA.

That's a good point.

If we're pickin' Civs, I'd kinda like to give Japan a try.

I'm interested although I don't know how GMR works and how to set it up:( If you guys don't mind helping out a noob I'm a reliable player:)

I'm interested although I don't know how GMR works and how to set it up:( If you guys don't mind helping out a noob I'm a reliable player:)

Scroll up to the top of the forum, and you'll see a thread for "Giant Multiplayer Robot."

Click on that, read up on it, and head over to the GMR site to get acquainted with it. There's even a tutorial video that walks you through how to use it on their website. If you still have questions after that, ask away.

Sorry this may be a stupid question. I can't download because I forget my password for steam. lol It has auto logged in for past 2 years. Any idea how to find out what it is??

Sorry this may be a stupid question. I can't download because I forget my password for steam. lol It has auto logged in for past 2 years. Any idea how to find out what it is??

No idea. You may be able to change it in the actual Steam application.

download the appilication from the website-->input your email address in the settings-->join a game either by invitation or join a public game in the GMR website-->once the game launched and it's your turn click the game in the GMR app 'play this game'--> civ 5 launches -->multiplayer -->hotseat-->load games --> load the 'Play this One'-->remember to click 'next turn' and the Civ5 auto closes-->submit turns and done!

Top Bottom