Modern Unit Graphics

I've run out of steam making this, so I'll post what I've finished. Cold War Soviets, modern Russians and Ukrainians:

Cold War and modern USSR etc.png

Years ago I'd said I was trying to figure out a scheme to index everything on the SLeague wiki for easier searching; instead of listing individual units, it's probably better to do it as these summary compilations.

Years ago I'd said I was trying to figure out a scheme to index everything on the SLeague wiki for easier searching; instead of listing individual units, it's probably better to do it as these summary compilations

yeah, credit goes to Tootall for the layout I used here, taken from his original WW2 compilations which I modded. BTW, there are 50 or more new units in the USSR/Russki post above, so not just a compilation of old stuff ;)

The Battle of Mogadishu/Black Hawk Down happened 30 years ago. Delta Force took part in Operation Gothic Serpent in an attempt to capture General Mohamed Farrah Aidid of the Somali National Alliance. Delta took 6 casualties during the Battle of Mogadishu, 4 KIA while the other 2 were mortally wounded.

Delta Force:
BonesRobert Delta Force Mogadishu.png

Attachments

• BonesRobert Delta Force Mogadishu.png
    BonesRobert Delta Force Mogadishu.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 49
I tweaked the lizard camo again, focusing on modifying the Greek forces and representing the forces of OMON. Greek Forces I modified are from Tanelorn's posting with Typhoon's contributions and I've added three different variations on their camo pattern. The standard green or woodland lizard camo, the blue lizard camo, utilized by members of the air force, and an arid version (attempt). For OMON I used the tweaked lizard camo as the basis of their uniforms since they were similar. There were multiple variants of the Kamysh or Tigr camo pattern, I just stuck with four iterations of it. A green or woodland version, two variants of blue, and one called "Sklon R1." The MVD/OMON had used these patterns in their uniforms around 1993 and was heavily used during the Chechen Wars. The camo pattern would begin to be phased out during the 2000s with only OMON retaining the blue variant until it too would be phased out for the A-TACS pattern.

Greek Forces:
BonesRobert Greek Armed Forces.png

Russian OMON Kamysh:
BonesRobert Russian OMON Kamysh.png

Attachments

• BonesRobert Russian OMON Kamysh.png
    BonesRobert Russian OMON Kamysh.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 33
  • BonesRobert Greek Armed Forces.png
    BonesRobert Greek Armed Forces.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 23

Some quick & easy Fairline militia and 80s US infantry variants.

The S-125 Neva/Pechora, NATO reporting name SA-3 Goa is a Soviet SAM that was designed to complement the S-75. It had a shorter effective range and lower engagement altitude than its predecessors and also flew slower, but due to its two-stage design it was more effective against maneuverable targets.

Attachments

• Tanelorn mix.png
    Tanelorn mix.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 349
  • Tanelorn SA 3 Goa.png
    Tanelorn SA 3 Goa.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
With the last two rows to play with, I selected the various barbs, and foreign baddies who will invade the former USA in "American Kingdoms II". :)
View attachment 673786
Out of Curiosity is the EU units inspired by Shattered Union a game with a similar concept to American Kingdoms with factions that includes the European Union which is occupying the ruins of Washington D.C and is also seen as a invader and Russia which has taken Alaska.

Out of Curiosity is the EU units inspired by Shattered Union a game with a similar concept to American Kingdoms with factions that includes the European Union which is occupying the ruins of Washington D.C and is also seen as a invader and Russia which has taken Alaska.
No. I haven't played the game or heard of it.

The plot is about how the US breaks up into many factions like American Kingdoms and all fight to reunite the United States and reclaim Alaska from Russia and while this going on the European Union occupies Washington D.C which has been destroyed. There are eight factions like the New England Alliance, Pacfica, California Commonwealth, and as standard for a Second Civil War scenario the Republic of Texas and the Confederacy and Russia and the European Union. Russia can only be played in a Custom Battle.

The plot is about how the US breaks up into many factions like American Kingdoms and all fight to reunite the United States and reclaim Alaska from Russia and while this going on the European Union occupies Washington D.C which has been destroyed. There are eight factions like the New England Alliance, Pacfica, California Commonwealth, and as standard for a Second Civil War scenario the Republic of Texas and the Confederacy and Russia and the European Union. Russia can only be played in a Custom Battle.
I believe our retired SL member Sarsstock linked me a trailor to the game YEARS ago. I seems to be pretty niche in the computer game market.

I believe our retired SL member Sarsstock linked me a trailor to the game YEARS ago. I seems to be pretty niche in the computer game market.
Gameplay wise it's similar to Panzer General with Hexes, Support from Artillery and AA guns, Static Defenses like towers and bunkers and Special Hexes like Factories and an invasion of the US like in Panzer General 1 and 2. The game was developed by Pop Top Games the Same company that Developed Railroad Tycoon 2 and 3 and the First two Tropico games. Unlike the American Civil War which has a Gigantic list of Game of various Genres the Second Civil War scenario is pretty niche and often times when comes to Video Games is often the Strategy Genre. Often times it's just the American Civil War with Tanks, Aircraft, Militas and sometimes a Foreign occupation.

Wether it is called Safir-74 (T-54), T-72Z (T-55) or Type 72Z (Type 59) the same kind of upgrade seems to have been applied to a very common kind of Main Battle Tank: The T-54/55 and Chinese copy Type 59 in Iranian service. The modernization includes an 105mm gun, inherited from the M60 Patton, the Slovenian Fontona FCS, the Ukrainian V46-6 T-72 780 hp diesel engine, SPAT 1200 transmission and ERA. About 400 were converted starting in 1996, 10 were exported to Sudan in 2006 as the Al-Zubair.

The most notable asset of the Pakistani Al Zarrar upgrade of its own Type 59s is their smoothbore 125 mm gun.

Attachments

• Tanelorn T72Z Safir.png
    Tanelorn T72Z Safir.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Tanelorn Al Zarrar.png
    Tanelorn Al Zarrar.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Top Bottom