Modified Scenarios Workshop

I think it's magnificent.

I also think it's the best solution. I'll slow down the battleships I, and I'll have to figure out how to make them useful in attack on land but useless at sea... What if I nullify the ability of the rest of the ships to attack on land by making them have submarine advances? It will certainly give them an advantage and I can also increase their advances, reducing them in winter.

I think you're on the right track here. If you do make all other warships unable to bombard the shore, you need an early wooden bombardment brig or somesuch with worse defensive stats to the ironclad. Maybe replace the ironclad ii in the ango french fleet with this.

I think you're on the right track here. If you do make all other warships unable to bombard the shore, you need an early wooden bombardment brig or somesuch with worse defensive stats to the ironclad. Maybe replace the ironclad ii in the ango french fleet with this.
Great idea. What if we replace ironclad I with wooden bombardment brig and then event-release the ironclad to the Alliance?

I would generate the ironclad when the aliance landing in Crimea begins as a backup to the ground units and with the possibility of attacking Russian cities.

sounds good. Here's a pic to use for the bomb ketch. I think they were called 'mortar vessels' in the Crimean War period, to give it a name in the rules file

mortar vessel.png

Hello, I'm uploading the latest version, maybe with some bugs, but more or less, you can see it quite finished... I have included two generators for Summer and Winter (I recommend 3 months to the latter: implement it in November until January, both included), which will implement the adaptations... I don't know how it will go, as I haven't played it yet, but I hope it works properly. Here it's up to @Fairline to play the game and improve the graphics (and why not the rest) that he deems necessary. I am at your service for any change. I haven't changed the English General ( :please: ) because in the original events, "his death" is used by the scenario creator to talk about the famous charge of the light cavalry... I hope you enjoy it. Saludos

EDIT!
18/05/24
I realized when playing the scenario that there had been a change of month from the beginning and we were losing events in addition to the fact that many units appeared in movement... I found that playing as the new Alliance civilization, after making the changes and returning to the Russian one, advanced a turn... I made all the changes again to make sure that this problem does not occur and I also gave it a wonderful way to improve its fleet against the rest. I also left him only the development of French troops, as they were the most numerous in this war. I hope he didn't make any more mistakes this time.

Don't forget that before playing you have to activate SUMMER.bat and in November WINTER.bat

Attachments

• Crimea_redux.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi all,

Nick Dowling's "The Battle of Australia" scenario has been updated to run with ToT and ToTPP. It can be downloaded from the CivFanatics download section located here.

The city, icons, people, terrain and units graphics have been updated.

I would like to extend a very special note of gratitude to Tanelorn for designing the graphics for the Australian air (CAC & Woomera) and AC Sentinel tank units!

I’d never played the scenario beforehand and found it to be overall quite well made and certainly challenging.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Nick Dowling's "The Battle of Australia" scenario has been updated to run with ToT and ToTPP. It can be downloaded from the CivFanatics download section located here.

I would like to extend a very special note of gratitude to Tanelorn for designing the graphics for the Australian air (CAC & Woomera) and AC Sentinel tank units!

I’d never played the scenario beforehand and found it to be overall quite well made and certainly challenging.
I had done a conversion and, at least, units graphics, update a year or so ago. I just uploaded it to a post, and not in the SL, so you probably missed it.

I had done a conversion and, at least, units graphics, update a year or so ago. I just uploaded it to a post, and not in the SL, so you probably missed it.

I always try to do a thorough search before working on a conversion, firstly in the CivFanatics or Scenario League Download sections, and then in this 'Modified Scenario Workshop' thread but with over 1200 posts in the latter it's not always evident to find if a particular scenario has been previously done or not. It seems as though my search failed in this case.

I can say that there should be a difference between the two versions as I made some important adjustments to the events file in mine. Do you have a post link to your conversion?

Just my suggestion, but I guess as a practice, I would always recommend to place ones work in the download sections to make it easier to find if a conversion has already been done and therefore to avoid possible duplication.

Last edited:
Since I too, can't remember which post it was, I'll just re-upload it.
It's likely more of a rudimentary conversion than yours, admittedly.

Attachments

• Battle of Australia.7z
    859.2 KB · Views: 7
No harm done. As I’ve often told Tech, when designers work on similar projects, it just gives the community members more options to choose from! :)
Oh, and while we're on the topic, I'm pretty sure these two conversion from similarly long ago were also uploaded only by posting and never made it to the SL,

Attachments

• Exodus.7z
    411.3 KB · Views: 16
  • La Guerra.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
Oh, and while we're on the topic, I'm pretty sure these two conversion from similarly long ago were also uploaded only by posting and never made it to the SL,
Other thing to mention is if you don't put scenarios in the downloads area and you only upload them as attachments to forum posts in this thread then it's important that you spell out the name of the scenario in the text of that forum post so that people doing text searches can find it as I don't believe the forum text search looks at attachment file names, it only looks at text in posts. Meaning your work will not be findable again once the above post gets buried soon. So you might wanna edit your post and stick the scenario names in mate. I notice @gapetit doesn't always put scenario names in his posts either, however he usually creates a download section page so his stuff can be found in searches, although maybe not always so he might wanna check his posts too. No point putting all that work in guys if no one can find your stuff in searches heh.

Hi all,

Hi Tootall,
Blake00 had uploaded this scenario converted to ToT by me in the following post:
It's well described, but not the following ones I included. I'll follow Blake00's instructions and include the names of scenarios and authors, because although the original idea was that they would be temporary before being downloaded, its can be forgotten and lost in time.
In this case, with yours already added, it seems like a job already done, but I think you can at least take advantage of the icons and improvements I made to include them.
Best regards

Ah yes I forgot about that.. wow.. so that's 3 people who've remade Battle of Australia now.. we're spoilt for choice! :lol:
Three versions of the same scenario...now that's what I call choice! :lol:

Obviously, as a general rule, you don't want to work on a scenario that's already been converted to avoid unnecessary duplication, though sometimes a simple graphical update might be welcome on older conversions. For my part, I still enjoyed the experience, so no harm done. :)

Other thing to mention is if you don't put scenarios in the downloads area and you only upload them as attachments to forum posts in this thread then it's important that you spell out the name of the scenario in the text of that forum post so that people doing text searches can find it as I don't believe the forum text search looks at attachment file names, it only looks at text in posts...
Yes, thank you for pointing this out. As I indicated, even when you do a search it's not always evident you will find a match hence the reason I recommended that scenarios should preferrably be uploaded in the download section.

Hi Tootall,
Blake00 had uploaded this scenario converted to ToT by me in the following post:
It's well described, but not the following ones I included. I'll follow Blake00's instructions and include the names of scenarios and authors, because although the original idea was that they would be temporary before being downloaded, its can be forgotten and lost in time.
In this case, with yours already added, it seems like a job already done, but I think you can at least take advantage of the icons and improvements I made to include them.
Best regards
Hi, @gapetit, this is odd because when I did a search for 'battle of australia' and 'gapetit' in this thead, prior to working on the conversion, it only came back with your post #359, where you only indicated you might be working on the scenario in the future but found no other reference to it afterwards.

Perhaps, I should have reached out to you beforehand to be sure, but as I indicated in a prior post, I don't typically like to make pre-announcements because not all my projects necessarily get released.

So just to be sure, this time around, I've been looking into working on the following two MGE scenarios and found no apparent prior conversion projects:
  • Colonialism - The Age of Discovery by Eivind IV found here.
  • Burma South-East Asia 1941-1945 by Len Morison found here.
Can you confirm if you have worked on them or not?

Three versions of the same scenario...now that's what I call choice! :lol:

Obviously, as a general rule, you don't want to work on a scenario that's already been converted to avoid unnecessary duplication, though sometimes a simple graphical update might be welcome on older conversions. For my part, I still enjoyed the experience, so no harm done. :)

Yes, thank you for pointing this out. As I indicated, even when you do a search it's not always evident you will find a match hence the reason I recommended that scenarios should preferrably be uploaded in the download section.

Hi, @gapetit, this is odd because when I did a search for 'battle of australia' and 'gapetit' in this thead, prior to working on the conversion, it only came back with your post #359, where you only indicated you might be working on the scenario in the future but found no other reference to it afterwards.

Perhaps, I should have reached out to you beforehand to be sure, but as I indicated in a prior post, I don't typically like to make pre-announcements because not all my projects necessarily get released.

So just to be sure, this time around, I've been looking into working on the following two MGE scenarios and found no apparent prior conversion projects:
  • Colonialism - The Age of Discovery by Eivind IV found here.
  • Burma South-East Asia 1941-1945 by Len Morison found here.
Can you confirm if you have worked on them or not?
I'd love for you to improve, whether these or more projects you are encouraged to. I actually also have another scenario that I think you might like...
Burma South-East Asia 1941-1945 by Len Morison, Colonialism - The Age of Discovery by Eivind IV (I didn't finish this one) and Gettysburg with the complexity of conducting a battle scenario

Attachments

• Burma.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • Colonialism_II.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • Gettysburg.rar
    349.6 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom