MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

Promotion Flags EUI for VP doesn't work anymore either with 2.3.1.

It says "missing mod dependencies" when trying to select the mod.
I tried editing the dependencies in the modinfo file: I changed the name of the Promotion Icons mod to "Promotion Icons for VP (4a)" (was 7a, mod ID stayed the same) and I deleted the dependency from "(3) CSD for CBP" (I suppose it got incorporated into "(2) Vox Populi"). With these changes I was able to load the mod and my savegame without any problems, but no promotion flags showed up.
If I remember correctly this mod already stopped working with 1.4.x. I could activate it without changes but no flags showed up either.

Does anyone know how to make the promotion flags mod work again? Because I consider it one of the best UI mods for VP.

Promotion Flags EUI for VP doesn't work anymore either with 2.3.1.

It says "missing mod dependencies" when trying to select the mod.
I tried editing the dependencies in the modinfo file: I changed the name of the Promotion Icons mod to "Promotion Icons for VP (4a)" (was 7a, mod ID stayed the same) and I deleted the dependency from "(3) CSD for CBP" (I suppose it got incorporated into "(2) Vox Populi"). With these changes I was able to load the mod and my savegame without any problems, but no promotion flags showed up.
If I remember correctly this mod already stopped working with 1.4.x. I could activate it without changes but no flags showed up either.

Does anyone know how to make the promotion flags mod work again? Because I consider it one of the best UI mods for VP.
For such "aged" mods you can usually find version with corrected dependencies and other fixes in Discussion tab: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/promotion-flags-eui-for-vp.651957/page-3#post-16284710

Jarcast's Duchy of Amalfi seems to be broken where the civ's special merchant (Comite) special action is not showing up. Not sure if anyone has an easy fix?

Do any Promotion Flags mods work?

I used Promotion Flags EUI 1.1 https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/promotion-flags-eui.630424/ for several years and it worked perfectly... now started a game after a year-long break - and it's no longer working :confused:

Checked for alternatives - Promotion Flags EUI for VP v3 doesn't work either (says it's missing dependencies even though I have VP+EUI installed). https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/promotion-flags-eui-for-vp.27909/

Any ideas?

Did you see this one?
For such "aged" mods you can usually find version with corrected dependencies and other fixes in Discussion tab: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/promotion-flags-eui-for-vp.651957/page-3#post-16284710

How do you get ynaem to be playable??
Do you mean Gedemon's YnAEMP? You put newest version (v25, pretty old but still works) in the mod folder and when u start the game just pick it as a mod. When mods are loaded you will see 3 options, "set up the game", "custom game" and "load the game". Custom game is for Yn. It will open advance menu to set up maps, civs, e.g. size and scenarios.

I have to warn you, I've tested it lately and you can get pretty nuts effects on the map if ur not careful with options you chose. I mean mainly resources. I've got one map, Earth with true civ starting locations and with true resources placement. It's giant map but tectonic plus I'm currently using is bigger, works nice with 43 civs (pretty amazing script btw). Anyway civ placement on Gedeon's is pretty amazing also, Zulus, Aztecs, Mongol, you name it, but you can get 9 sugar in Babylon or 6 marble next to Athens... things like that.

After changing few options everything works fine though.

Do you mean Gedemon's YnAEMP? You put newest version (v25, pretty old but still works) in the mod folder and when u start the game just pick it as a mod. When mods are loaded you will see 3 options, "set up the game", "custom game" and "load the game". Custom game is for Yn. It will open advance menu to set up maps, civs, e.g. size and scenarios.

I have to warn you, I've tested it lately and you can get pretty nuts effects on the map if ur not careful with options you chose. I mean mainly resources. I've got one map, Earth with true civ starting locations and with true resources placement. It's giant map but tectonic plus I'm currently using is bigger, works nice with 43 civs (pretty amazing script btw). Anyway civ placement on Gedeon's is pretty amazing also, Zulus, Aztecs, Mongol, you name it, but you can get 9 sugar in Babylon or 6 marble next to Athens... things like that.

After changing few options everything works fine though.
That's the one! I've been trying to get it to work as I love to play the big 43 player maps but I cant get any resources to show up with the map! Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!!

I
That's the one! I've been trying to get it to work as I love to play the big 43 player maps but I cant get any resources to show up with the map! Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!!
I had this problem few times also, its either too many, zero or balanced. Install mod called Reseed v11.

It allows you to glance at the map before you play it and see if chosen option created nice resource allocation. You can use it to have a pick at map before to see civ placement and shape. Once you see the map you cannot change it, you still can cover mini-map and pretend but its not fun. Still its the fastest way to see if the script is doing its job. I'm using it only to see if the script is creating nice shapes when I play around with number of continents or plate shapes.

i dont think so. It's a shame that this thread is archived too.
I haven't seen any more interactions from vyyt around here, as well as other users who were very creative and helpful with various issues. strange...
I don't have much time to play, but I am still patrolling this thread occasionally, so if you message me about a change in a mod compatibility, I will update the list. I suppose the compatibility is mostly stable these days?

Archaeology Aesthetic Adjustments is listed in the "compatible mod" section but on the steam page someone asked about incorporating it into VP and the author said yes. And also in-game it says that mod is blocked by another mod. So I assume it has been and the lists just haven't been adjusted?

Top Bottom