Money CAN buy happiness.

CandleJack

Chieftain
Last nights game may have given me my new favorite civilization, Arabia. The unique ability of earning gold for each trade route is just HUGE. All game long, I was able to purchase land, units, and the most important, happiness buildings. Every time my happiness started to dip, buy another coliseum. The extra oil is also a huge bonus, I was able to completely run over my opponents with fighters, destroyers and tanks. The bazaar also is a big help for earning extra resoruces to sell off.

I know many can argue that Rome has a good UA, as does Japan and Germany. But don't look too far from Arabia, money making machine. :king:

I think it depends on map size, I mean on a big map you may have 8-10 cities with lot of trade routes but on small ones where you have 2-3 cities only the trade revenue may be not so relevant, I guess.

Think I was only playing on standard but it sure made me more likely to create new cities just to connect them.

I've bought a lot of (happiness) buildings too, it sure helps with low production cities. Couldn't find any other use to the money after bribing city states to Ally status.

Top Bottom