Montezuma Immortal Cookbook

The new game will be up later today. 5~12 hours, depending how lucky I get with the map generator.

Since no suggestion was made, it'll be on Fractal.

I'll probably be playing the first round as I have in the last 2 cookbooks - seems that that's as much time as I can afford to civ as of late and it's pretty much the only segment I'm interested in reviewing.

The new game will be up later today. 5~12 hours, depending how lucky I get with the map generator.

Since no suggestion was made, it'll be on Fractal.

I think Fractal will suit best and 70/40/40 turn sets. In this game we played 70/70/50 and lost traction after the 2nd round. Personally I found the 2nd round too long as the resulting saves were very different.

I'll probably be playing the first round as I have in the last 2 cookbooks - seems that that's as much time as I can afford to civ as of late and it's pretty much the only segment I'm interested in reviewing.

It's the same with other strategy games, like chess for instance. It's more fun discussing the opening. The 1st round will always get the most activity. Nothing much to do about that.

I think Fractal will suit best and 70/40/40 turn sets. In this game we played 70/70/50 and lost traction after the 2nd round. Personally I found the 2nd round too long as the resulting saves were very different.

FWIW, I’m also a fan of shorter turnsets in between votes – and just wonder if it would also help with participation by (i) allowing mistakes to be identified a little easier and (ii) making it easier for those facing RL time pressure to fit in a round.

@Fierabras
Spoiler :
I took a quick look at your game.

Nice tech pace! You really have tech far in a small period of time.

Unfortunately, Frederick appears to have built up quite a large army.

What I would suggest is that you continue on your tech path to Steel while starting to build some Cuirassiers. It might be worth taking Theology in trade so that you can get +2 Experience per unit using Theocracy.

Once you have Steel, I'd totally kill the tech pace (perhaps even before then) and get into Police State. Galleons, Cuirs, and Cannons.

Unfortunately, by trading with Pericles, you have made enemies of both Sury and Brennus.

Pericles is currently engaged in a war, but he is the Apostolic Palace Resident, so it would be dicey to join in on either side of that war, as the war might end at any time, either leaving you alone against Sury or at Peace with Pericles.

Meanwhile, Qin appears to be the Owner of the Apostolic Palace... to me, it's an idea time to go after Qin, since if an Apostolic Palace vote comes up to stop a war, it will be to stop the war against Pericles, giving you some time to capture Qin's core Cities. Then, make a Vassal out of Qin, so that you have a foothold on that continent plus a Vassal.

Frederick can be saved for later, as he is useful as a tech trading partner while Friendly and won't backstab you unless you somehow get him down to Cautious.

In the meantime, there are some Gold per Turn trades that you can take advantage of.

Also, now that Astronomy has opened up other trading partners, I'd cancel the Horse to Frederick deal, so that he'll stop building Knights. You can always trade him a Resource that you get from China, later.

From that point, analyze the new situation and see who would be the most advantageous to attack of the overseas AIs. Frederick should be a push-over to attack later in the game, since you have the vast majority of your production Cities on your continent, so I'd probably wait to make Frederick the 3rd or 4th AI war target from this point forward.

Space or Diplomatic Victories are still possible, but it's going to take a long time for those You Traded With Our Worst Enemies penalties to wear off, so you might as well go the war route as a direct result of having made a tech trade with Pericles. It is funny how just a single decision in the game can shape the future path taken by your empire.

Top Bottom