MOO2Civ

Status Report

Some good news and some bad news:

:king: MOO2Civ (Patch4) FULL INSTALL is now at 1,000+ downloads!:D

Unfortunately, MOO2Civ (Patch4) is not compatible with the latest official Civ4 BtS patch 3.17, nor is NCCSavage's original MOO2Civ mod...

As several changes have been made to the official FF mod, this means Patch5, for which I've been collecting some additional units to be included, needs a major overhaul before it can be released and I can't give any ETA at this time.

I'm afraid I must advice for the time being NOT to download the latest official Civ4 BtS patch 3.17 if you want to keep playing ANY version of MOO2Civ.:(

As mentioned in my previous post getting MOO2Civ to work with the latest patch will require some major work and this will not be done for some time...

Main problem is the original MOO2Civ mod isn't working with the new official patch; as Patch1-4 are based on this, I basically have to start anew now...:(

Thx for the support!;) I am currently monitoring several (FF-related) threads to check for any possible solutions. (What I've tried so far, doesn't work - it also doesn't help that the original mod creator has gone on to other things...)

:king: MOO2Civ (Patch4) FULL INSTALL is now at 1,100+ downloads!:D

On Patch 3.17: am currently inventarising load errors and possible fixes.

More news later.

:king: MOO2Civ (Patch4) FULL INSTALL is now at 1,200+ downloads!:D

On Patch 3.17: little progress, I'm afraid...

More news later.

Not much was changed? I can't load MOO2Civ nor any of the patched versions uploaded thereafter - or rather, when loading MOO2Civ (Patch4) I get multiple load error messages, a.o. TECH_[X] errors. As I haven't yet finished identifing all these MOO2Civ techs (they're just defined as TECH_HAPPY1/2/3 etc.), it's excruciating to correct these load errors. It also doesn't help that I don't have the individual patch files anymore, just 3 of the final uploads.

Next thing to try is comparing files with Winmerge (which I've never used before).

Anyway, will keep you posted of any progress.

(Another matter puzzling me is that Patch4 now has 1,200+ downloads but no rating...)

:king: MOO2Civ (Patch4) FULL INSTALL is now at 1,300+ downloads!:D

On Patch 3.17: still no progress to report...

More news later.

Well, welcome Neuron!:hatsoff:

As promised, here's a little

Status Report

As MOO2 fans will have noticed MOO2Civ currently is incompatible with official patch 3.17. The problem is I'm not the original creator of MOO2Civ (just added some patches), meaning - as I understand it - I'll have to check FF mod file by file to see which files have been changed in the latest patch (there doesn't seem to be a detailed changelog, just a general description of changes).

Also, I don't have all of the files included in Patches 1-4 anymore on my comp and the scant notes I made while implementing these aren't very helpful, as it turns out.

So, in conclusion, it'll take a while to update - please bear with me!

As several planned updates for Patch5 (units and an additional error fix) will have to wait until the 3.17 compatibility is complete, this is postponed until further notice.:(

I apologize to all fans for this inconvenience.

*cough*
I never really got much of a response except a few comments on the file download section.
I was very surprised to see this post!!!!!

Hit me up at nncsavage AT comcast.net and I'm sure I can point you to where I made changes.
Think it was only a few (2-4) python files not counting all the XML

I just checked my PMs - I'm fine with you going forward with the mod.
I might even be able to contribute some help going forward.

I got bored and went digging around to narrow down the problem.
Managed to narrow it down first to the XML files, then again to the Gameinfo folder, then finally down to CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml

I replaced that file with the one from Final Frontier base mod 3.17 and it loads fine.
I cannot remember if I made any changes to that file but that is where we need to look to move forward without a complete recode.

Edit fixed info:
Just copy/paste as above. The file in the mod is missing a few lines at the end where it appears Espionage was added.
Code:
		<GameOptionInfo>
			<Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_ESPIONAGE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_ESPIONAGE</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_ESPIONAGE_HELP</Help>
			<bDefault>0</bDefault>
			<bVisible>0</bVisible>
		</GameOptionInfo>

I inserted the espionage-lines into the MOO2Civ-Xml and it worked.

Thank you very much!

Some texts arn't correctly shown, but at least it's playable.

Wow! Welcome back, NCCSavage!:D (Thought you'd left CFC altogether...) Glad you approve of the continuation of your work.

You might want to edit the MOO2Civ DL Page to include the Espionage fix + mention it's now 3.17 compatible.

Quick question: Does it matter where the Espionage lines go in the xml?

And ofcourse everyone appreciates your helping out very much! (As I've mentioned several times, I'm not much of a modder...):blush:

PS: And another welcome to Scaenicus!

Top Bottom