MPMPM - converting Mods to DLC format for Multiplayer use

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm completely new to debugging and troubleshooting, so I have no idea what's wrong with my game. Can somebody help? I followed the instructions, but I don't know what I'm looking for in the log files when my game crashes.

Database.log
LUA.log

I'm completely new to debugging and troubleshooting, so I have no idea what's wrong with my game. Can somebody help? I followed the instructions, but I don't know what I'm looking for in the log files when my game crashes.

Database.log
LUA.log

Looks like you're having the same problem I was having in http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13176269&postcount=25. Basically, a lot of those old Touhou civs reuse file names that appear in the actual game files (Civ5Units, Civ5Buildings, Civ5Colors, etc.). This is a nono for this dlc trick, since what happens is that one of the touhou files will override the actual civ 5 file, which of course crashes the game.

What you need to do if you want to take the time is to go through, find all these files, and rename them to something like Civ5units_Remilia.XML instead. That will hopefully deal with it.

EDIT: To clarify, you want to change the files name in the MP_MODSPACK folder, NOT in the original mods.

Alternatively, what mods exactly are you using? You seem to be using a lot of the same I do. I might be able to just upload the version I use.

Thank you. I can get into a game now, but I have a new problem.

When I put down a city, it does not give me an option to produce anything, and I cannot exit the city screen or select my warrior. This happens even in games with only non-mod civs. Any ideas?

As for the mods I'm using, I have InfoAddict, More Luxuries/Pantheons, and the JFD and Touhou civs. I also have the Advanced UI if that matters at all, though I don't think it would make a difference.

Thank you. I can get into a game now, but I have a new problem.

When I put down a city, it does not give me an option to produce anything, and I cannot exit the city screen or select my warrior. This happens even in games with only non-mod civs. Any ideas?

As for the mods I'm using, I have InfoAddict, More Luxuries/Pantheons, and the JFD and Touhou civs. I also have the Advanced UI if that matters at all, though I don't think it would make a difference.

Do you have log files? I don't use InfoAddict or Advanced UI, so it's difficult for me to predict if there will be an effect.

EDIT: It's also possible you need to edit the .modinfo files for the various mods (which are just text files) and change the filenames there too. I'm pretty sure the .modinfo doesn't actually get used by the game for this, so it won't matter, but it probably doesn't hurt to try. I edited mine, but I suspect it was unnecessary-I never tried it without it, though.

Hi!

I am very pleased to see this kind of an attempt! Although I have a problem trying to convert the Communitas modpack (all 4 parts) to a DLC. Single player and Multiplayer games start properly but they lack in content. All the information that modpack consist of is not there. Modpack in usual modded single player game works properly in all aspects.

Could you help me to figure out why the conversion is incomplete? This would be a great chance to have a modded multiplayer game!

I have G&K and BNW, and I disabled all lesser DLCs.

database.log

I tried changing the names in the modinfo files, but it doesn't help anything.

Going by your log, there are still files that need to be renamed. Namely:

CIV5Civilizations.xml
CIV5Traits.xml
CIV5IconTextureAtlases.xml
CIV5Colors.xml
CIV5PlayerColors.xml
CIV5Resources.xml
CIV5UnitPromotions.xml

Also maybe: UnitGameplay.xml

Yeah, sorry, there's a lot of these. I believe back in the day it was required to name files the same for mods to work, but this was later changed. You can see why changing it was a good idea...

Same problem is still happening. Did I miss something?

database.log

Well, the good news, you definitely fixed something, even if it doesn't feel like it, because the meaningful errors in the log file are gone. For comparison, see this database.log from me for a working version of this.

As you can see, the MP_MODSPACK generates a certain number of errors because it overrides in-game files. You no longer have a bunch of other errrors.

The bad news is, I don't know anymore why it isn't working for you. It looks like it should be. I can only check:

1) Do any of the mods you're using use a custom .dll (CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll)? If so, you should follow what Gedemon said and copy it into MP_MODSPACK. If you're not sure, look under ~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS and inspect the mod folders for a CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll. If you see one, you should copy it. Also, there may extra versions of it in MP_MODSPACK\mods that you will want to delete.
2) Have you looked at your lua.log?
3) If you're willing to spend the time time in filetuner (and I mean a lot of time, since you'll have to reedit the filenames), you can try taking out individual mods one at a time by redoing everything
4) Try this, just for testing. It's the set of civilizations and mods I play with (with custom music deleted, because it wasn't working at the time). By all rights, it should work for you, since it works for me and two friends, but if it doesn't...

I've figured it out through dumb luck. It's a problem with the Enhanced UI.

I downloaded your modpack and used it, but got the same problems. With one attempt, though, it did not open the city screen upon founding the city (which EUI usually does). I could choose my production normally by clicking the blank space next to the city name, but I returned to the city screen upon choosing what to produce (again, this is caused by EUI). I can get out of it by using the keyboard shortcut for Next Unit, and the scout was shown as being selected for production next to the city name. I disabled the EUI and tried again, and can access the city screen with no problems whatsoever. The same pattern occurs with my modpack: it works fine without EUI on, but will not let me do anything at the city screen when I use EUI. Removing the CityView folder in the EUI files fixes the problem completely. Unfortunately, this removes one of the more useful features that EUI changes (being able to drag items around in the queue rather than using the arrows), but at least it works now.

I've not played any full games yet, but I can't think of any other bugs that might come up. If worst comes to worst, I'll just have to stop using EUI. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Thank you for all your help and patience!

So just going to throw this out. From my tests Beyond the Future tech mod is not compatible with anything. just an FYI.

I've been using "Civ IV Diplomacy Features" and "Civ Names by Policies" mods in multiplayer thanks to this, but there are a few strange problems.

1. Some of the espionage notifications turn up blank, with nothing in the Notification Log, either.

2. The "Unit Upgrade" tooltip which tells you the cost to upgrade and what you're upgrading to is empty, but upgrading still works.

Since neither of those mods changes upgrading or modify existing notifications, and they work perfectly in singleplayer, I can only assume it's a problem with the Civ IV Diplomacy Features DLL.

I'm not sure how to debug this. Has anyone had a similar issue?

I got the mod working once, but wanted to change up the mods so I deleted the folder in my DLC folder, rebuild the mod, took the DLL out of Whoward's mod and started a game with all the mods active.

However the LUA console doesn't have MPMP_Maker trunkated or otherwise. It has a ton of others and is certainly connected to civ, but it hasn't shown once since I rebuilt the mod.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea of how to fix it?

Thanks!

Okay, so, I've changed the lua file such that it should deal with custom music correctly. There are a few kludges in there (doesn't deal with custom unit sounds; many obscure audio options are ignored) but it should work for most mods.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGto note is that the only way I could do this was to override Audio2DScriptsExpansion1.xml and AudioDefinesExpansion1.xml within the G&K expansion. Because I haven't implemented the way to this automatically, it is necessary to:
1) Go to "...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion\Sounds\XML", find Audio2DScriptsExpansion1.xml and AudioDefinesExpansion1.xml
2) APPEND their contents into the same files in "...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Override" (Don't delete what's already there.)
Append the stuff within the outermost brackets (<Script2DFile> and <AudioDefinesFile>), of course. (If you know xml, you know what I'm talking about)

It might be necessary to delete the header (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- generated by MP Modpacks Maker (Gedemon) -->) in AudioDefinesExpansion1.xml, but I doubt it. (I only say this because I did in my working version).

If you've already done this once and don't want to rerun the entire program and wait an hour, you can run only CopyAudioDatabase(), CopyAudioDefines(), and CopyAudioMisc(), and it should be good enough.

Attachments

• MultiPlayer ModsPack Maker (v 1).rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 287
I figured it out. Race for Religion and one of Whoward's mods conflicted and somehow made the LUA state go away. I removed the conflict and made the pack fine.

I needed to remake the pack because some of the mods weren't working correctly. Now when I type CreateMP() I get a runtime error about DeleteMPMP() returning a nil value. When I deleted that line from the ula it said the same error for the next line.

Has anyone had this problem? I've manually deleted the folder in my DLC folder and reinstalled the MP mod manager.

I got it working, except the map is gone. -_-

Any ideas?

Edit: It was the overlay mods from whoward's pack. Removed them, edited them out of the ula files and it works like a charm!

Ah, since you're here, I might as well mention that I also spotted some missing text in-game while trying a SP game. Nothing big, but the upgrade unit button doesn't say anything except "UPGRADE UNIT" when you mouse-hover, though the button still works. The text for "You do not have enough money to upgrade" is fine, though. Forgot to check the one for "cannot upgrade unit is outside borders".

Also missing is:

When you capture a barbarian settler or worker, the dialog that pops up only says "Do you wish to return this unit?" without mentioning former owner or any other details.

The mouse-hover dialog for the button on the right side for "Your spy has killed a spy from Player X" is missing, but if you click the button it still takes you to the Player X diplomacy screen. Other spy buttons (Player X has stolen Astronomy! An unknown player has stolen Refrigeration! Player Y has attempted a coup but failed!) behave as normal, but I never encountered certain buttons, since I never had to spy on anyone for tech or to discover their secret plans. Also, I never saw a single "Your influence has mysteriously dropped due to enemy spies" button, which is very weird, because I usually get a ton of those. Also, no one ever warned me about anyone's secret plans to attack me, but I could have just been too powerful ;).

All in all, it was a surprisingly smooth ride, though.

I only played one game so far with a self-created mod DLC, but noticed the unit upgrade problem you described. Maybe I would also have some or all of the others, but none of those situations occurred.
I was wondering if you found out more about what exactly causes the problem or maybe even came closer to fixing it.

Just tested it with a relatively small compilation of mods who enhance/overwrite the db and have some LUA scripts. Mostly UI alterting. Ran pretty stable.

So i tried to make a modpack for MP use with a friend. At first i tried to use around 30 mods together which failed when we were ingame (same error as i will describe later)
Then i tried a single mod, namely a modded Civ, didnt work (same prob) and another civ (same prob).

I tried
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234225686 (Lithuania)
and
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257018080 (Vietnam)

The problem always seems to be the same and is reproducable in singleplayer, i.e. it happens there too, every time.

After creating the modpack using CreateMP() in firetuner, i exit civ to desktop, start it again, press single player (not using mods this time only the freshly created modpack DLC) setup a new game as the added civ and start the game.
Loading works fine, custom images and texts work perfectly.
I select my city, the cityscreen is all empty (no city name etc..) and i cant click anything anymore. Have to esc, close game.

The mods (even all 30 combined) work fine using standard mod ways.

Do you have a clue? What could be the problem?`How could i fix it. (I got a degree in computer science and could do some coding if necessary, but i hope its not)
Thx a lot for your work!

btw: im using advanced UI if that is important

Okay disabling advanced UI fixed the problem. Whats the problem with advanced UI and this? I liked advanced UI :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom