MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

Hi Haken Browning,

i tried as you described and removed Civ5ModsDatabase.db and later the whole cache-folder. But it´s still the same error as before. I can not execute CreateMP() without getting this error :(

What mods are you trying to use?

Hi Haken Browning,

i tried as you described and removed Civ5ModsDatabase.db and later the whole cache-folder. But it´s still the same error as before. I can not execute CreateMP() without getting this error :(

Can you list the mods you're attempting to build into your final modspack?

Also, are you still using a version of MPMPM from the old, Gedemon-created thread? There was a late hotfix to fix some script bugs, and it's been tweaked further still and repackaged in a pre-compiled stable format. Delete your current version of MPMPM, replace it with the one in the first post of THIS thread (cicero has made an even newer hotfix just this month that better clarifies errors you might be getting), and let me know if you still have issues.

I finally got this to work! It is just a basic compilation of the 5 star mods from the workshop, with afew missing due to incompatiblities. Here's a full list of the mods:

(BNW) AMC Greek Epic
Colonialist Legacies - Canadian Dominion
Colonialist Legacies - Vietnam ft. Trung Sisters
Ancient Building Pack
Arecibo Observatory Wonder
Australia ft. Sir Henry Parkes
Barbarian - Unlimited Exp
Buildings - Upgrade System
Bulgaria (Krum) (GK or BNW)
Celtic Civilizations (Brave New World)
Champa (Brave New World)
City Limits
City States Leaders for G+K
Civ Advanced
Civ IV Leader Traits in Civ V
Civ Names by Policies
Corporations (Brave New World)
Cultural Diffusion
Days of Sadat - U.S.S.R - Leonid Brezhnev
Emigration
Example - Simple Clock
Extra Victory Conditions
Foreign Trade Routes
Fortress Borders
Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes
Great Heroes *
Great Prophet Historical Names (BNW or GK)
Harappa (Brave New World)
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
Helicopters can Fly Over Water
Historical Religions (BNW or GK)
Improvement Upgrades
India Civilization Pack
Medieval and Renaissance Building Pack
Mont Saint Michel
More Great Works
Nazca Civilization
Nubian Civilization
Oman Civilization
Pirate Civilization
Polish Empire (Sobieski)
Promotions - Expansion Pack
Reforestation
Religion - Beliefs Expansion Pack
PerfectWorld3
Religion - Improved Customization
Resources - Copper buff
Ressource - Mint Include Copper
Strategic Resource Buildings
Sumer (BNW or GK)
The Buccaneers
The Finnish Civilization
The Sioux (Brave New World)

http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/mpmodspack

Oh, the Polish Empire is abit broken though. Not sure why, it just doesn't like whatever I did.

Spoiler :
I finally got this to work! It is just a basic compilation of the 5 star mods from the workshop, with afew missing due to incompatiblities. Here's a full list of the mods:

(BNW) AMC Greek Epic
Colonialist Legacies - Canadian Dominion
Colonialist Legacies - Vietnam ft. Trung Sisters
Ancient Building Pack
Arecibo Observatory Wonder
Australia ft. Sir Henry Parkes
Barbarian - Unlimited Exp
Buildings - Upgrade System
Bulgaria (Krum) (GK or BNW)
Celtic Civilizations (Brave New World)
Champa (Brave New World)
City Limits
City States Leaders for G+K
Civ Advanced
Civ IV Leader Traits in Civ V
Civ Names by Policies
Corporations (Brave New World)
Cultural Diffusion
Days of Sadat - U.S.S.R - Leonid Brezhnev
Emigration
Example - Simple Clock
Extra Victory Conditions
Foreign Trade Routes
Fortress Borders
Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes
Great Heroes *
Great Prophet Historical Names (BNW or GK)
Harappa (Brave New World)
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
Helicopters can Fly Over Water
Historical Religions (BNW or GK)
Improvement Upgrades
India Civilization Pack
Medieval and Renaissance Building Pack
Mont Saint Michel
More Great Works
Nazca Civilization
Nubian Civilization
Oman Civilization
Pirate Civilization
Polish Empire (Sobieski)
Promotions - Expansion Pack
Reforestation
Religion - Beliefs Expansion Pack
PerfectWorld3
Religion - Improved Customization
Resources - Copper buff
Ressource - Mint Include Copper
Strategic Resource Buildings
Sumer (BNW or GK)
The Buccaneers
The Finnish Civilization
The Sioux (Brave New World)

http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/mpmodspack

Oh, the Polish Empire is abit broken though. Not sure why, it just doesn't like whatever I did.

Good stuff. Added to OP.

@ cicero225:

In fact this is my first try using mods in Multuplayer i just added one mod to test if it works.
I try it with "Ancient Building Pack" as Alrek the Red did.

@ Haken Browning:

Same here, i tried it with the "Ancient Building Pack" just to get used to it and when it works i wanted to add some other mods. I already used the MPMPM from this thread, i downloaded it again a few minutes ago and still get the same error:

Runtime Error: C:\Users\ad\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\MultiPlayer ModsPack Maker (v 1)\MPMP_Maker.lua:99: attempt to call field 'DeleteMPMP' (a nil value)
\Users\ad\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\MultiPlayer ModsPack Maker (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Deleting previous ModPack if exist...

I've made a modpack made up mainly of Colonialist Legacy civilisations, however when i start a game, I get multiple messages popping up saying "[Unable to load texture] somethingfromoneofthecivs.dds"

Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, has one managed to get JdH's Active AI Diplomacy in MP working using this method? Whenever I have in checked in the mod screens, the "Single Player" button you have to click to set up to set up a modded game is un-selectable.

I've made a modpack made up mainly of Colonialist Legacy civilisations, however when i start a game, I get multiple messages popping up saying "[Unable to load texture] somethingfromoneofthecivs.dds"

Also, has one managed to get JdH's Active AI Diplomacy in MP working using this method? Whenever I have in checked in the mod screens, the "Single Player" button you have to click to set up to set up a modded game is un-selectable.

Will look at other stuff later, but actually yes on the Active AI Diplomacy, and I happen to have the files lying around: https://mega.co.nz/#!iF82larL!3bc1mg4S8YWZxdXEPUO7S2D_TKT8tUcESFDbsTKLp2Q

One thing I noticed is that the mod was ironically too simple for the code - with the dll removed, Active AI Diplomacy is literally an empty mod, and that didn't work. So, this also contains an extra religion just to fluff it up so it would work.

Other than that, no reason it shouldn't work if you just take the dll out beforehand and put it in at the end, as the instructions say. Or at least, it worked for me.

EDIT: Actually, regarding Colonialist Legacy, are you absolutely sure there were no "Failed! Check Folder Names!" error during the modpack creation? Colonialist Legacy has an issue with the folder names and your error sounds like files are not being copied. For wall of text explanation see: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13436664&postcount=14

In retrospect I should have made the code error out if a folder fails to copy, instead of continuing and burying the error message in a wave of messages. I'll make that change, actually.

EDIT2: It is done. The folder failed to copy message is now an error, and will stop code execution, making it more obvious. I updated the first post, but this is the link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=382291&stc=1&d=1410467865

Will look at other stuff later, but actually yes on the Active AI Diplomacy, and I happen to have the files lying around: https://mega.co.nz/#!iF82larL!3bc1mg4S8YWZxdXEPUO7S2D_TKT8tUcESFDbsTKLp2Q

One thing I noticed is that the mod was ironically too simple for the code - with the dll removed, Active AI Diplomacy is literally an empty mod, and that didn't work. So, this also contains an extra religion just to fluff it up so it would work.

Other than that, no reason it shouldn't work if you just take the dll out beforehand and put it in at the end, as the instructions say. Or at least, it worked for me.

EDIT: Actually, regarding Colonialist Legacy, are you absolutely sure there were no "Failed! Check Folder Names!" error during the modpack creation? Colonialist Legacy has an issue with the folder names and your error sounds like files are not being copied. For wall of text explanation see: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13436664&postcount=14

In retrospect I should have made the code error out if a folder fails to copy, instead of continuing and burying the error message in a wave of messages. I'll make that change, actually.

EDIT2: It is done. The folder failed to copy message is now an error, and will stop code execution, making it more obvious. I updated the first post, but this is the link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=382291&stc=1&d=1410467865

I'll try out the Active Ai Diplomacy thing tomorrow, thanks!

Regarding Colonialist Legacies, I don't recall there being any errors, however when i originally subscribed to them, the .civ5mod files wouldn't auto unpacked so I manually extracted them using 7-zip and put the contents in folders that had the same name as each of the .civ5mod files. Could this have caused a problem?

EDIT: How do I install your version of the Active Ai Diplomacy thing, do i add it in after I ahve created the DLC or is it one of the mods that I select when making it?

I'll try out the Active Ai Diplomacy thing tomorrow, thanks!

Regarding Colonialist Legacies, I don't recall there being any errors, however when i originally subscribed to them, the .civ5mod files wouldn't auto unpacked so I manually extracted them using 7-zip and put the contents in folders that had the same name as each of the .civ5mod files. Could this have caused a problem?

EDIT: How do I install your version of the Active Ai Diplomacy thing, do i add it in after I ahve created the DLC or is it one of the mods that I select when making it?

The folder names could definitely cause a problem. The code expects a certain name format based on the .modinfo. See Problem 11 at the very end of the OP. If you redownload the code and try to run it again, and it errors out this time, the folder names are definitely the problem.

Re Active Diplomacy: Well unfortunately the link is standalone - you can add it to your dlc folder and have active Ai diplomacy, but it wouldn't have anything else. The major flaw of this method is that every new combination of mods needs to be made in its own way. But, it does work. If you want your own other mods on top of it, you will have to make it.

The folder names could definitely cause a problem. The code expects a certain name format based on the .modinfo. See Problem 11 at the very end of the OP. If you redownload the code and try to run it again, and it errors out this time, the folder names are definitely the problem.

Re Active Diplomacy: Well unfortunately the link is standalone - you can add it to your dlc folder and have active Ai diplomacy, but it wouldn't have anything else. The major flaw of this method is that every new combination of mods needs to be made in its own way. But, it does work. If you want your own other mods on top of it, you will have to make it.

I'll try remaking the DLC with the new version.

RE Active Diplomacy: I was trying to make the DLC with the Active AI in the first place, but it wouldn't let me click on single player after selecting the mods I wanted, do you have the version with the added religion still, that might work?

Version 6 Revision 2 of the Crystal Fire WFTW pack is up. I'll be updating my just-under-the-OP post with the new contents. Players, please let me and Vice know if there are any hiccups with the following:

- Witch Hunt buttons for Saints Magical Girls, or for non-Saints MGs in a game with the Saints
- other Wish-native custom action buttons. I don't know if Vice has programmed them to be context-sensitive like the vanilla upgrade button.

AndreasD!

Have you ever directly edited any game files in your Civ V install before using MPMPM (i.e. copying files from a mod into Civ V/Assets or Civ V/Assets/DLC)? I can't think of any other possible reason MPMPM would work for everyone else, but NOT for you, and I can't fathom why you would get a DLL-related error message even when you aren't putting in DLL-based mods.

Also, consider deleting MPMPM yet again and using the September 11 version of the modspack, linked by cicero225 above or in the OP. If your error is instead listed as the new "folder failed to copy" error, we may be able to narrow things down a bit.

Also also, you said you managed to get it to work with just "Ancient Building Pack" but failed to make it work when adding other mods. Please list those other mods.

ViceVirtuoso, or anyone good with XML!

As part of an ongoing signature touch for the Crystal Fire pack, I'm attempting to salt certain text files with custom entries. So far, I've found that the replacement spy names I tried to work into the Saints' OtherText.xml aren't showing up at runtime. More than likely, neither are the 27 additional Magical Girl names I've added to Wish's GenericMGNames-english.xml. How can I fix either of these? So far, neither clearing Core cache or Mods cache has produced results - though clearing Mods cache is a frivolity, as I'm trying to do all the XML salting in post-processing and keeping the vanilla file versions around as fallbacks.

Everyone else!

If something Saints-related goes wrong, delete the Saints' UnitPanel.lua and re-verify the problem before reporting it. So far everything seems to be fine if both that copy and Wish's copy are in play, but I can't tell whether the DVMC-based action button handler is successfully blocking "lesser" UP.lua instances to facilitate it.

I'll try remaking the DLC with the new version.

RE Active Diplomacy: I was trying to make the DLC with the Active AI in the first place, but it wouldn't let me click on single player after selecting the mods I wanted, do you have the version with the added religion still, that might work?

That's happened to me before when I forgot to remove the custom dll. Are you sure you did that?

I have about 3 of them working in my version. When I first ran the mod compilation I had the same problem, but specifically with Australia. I opened up the Mod Pack in the DLC folder and found that all the Colonialist Legacies were just... gone.

Strangely, when I ran civ again they were counted as still being in the game somewhere, and I could play as them even though they weren't in the Mod Pack folder anymore, but I still had the textures missing and it caused the game to stutter, which looked like it could crash multiplayer.

Anyway, I managed to fix it by copying the Colonialist Legacies mods from (C:\Users\Home\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS) directly into the Mod Pack in (E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods) and replacing them. I thought I'd have to recompile the whole modpack and re-upload it for my friends, but this worked fine.

TL;DR Just find the mods that have missing textures and replace them with the original mod file that you downloaded before compiling. Hope it works for you!

I have about 3 of them working in my version. When I first ran the mod compilation I had the same problem, but specifically with Australia. I opened up the Mod Pack in the DLC folder and found that all the Colonialist Legacies were just... gone.

Strangely, when I ran civ again they were counted as still being in the game somewhere, and I could play as them even though they weren't in the Mod Pack folder anymore, but I still had the textures missing and it caused the game to stutter, which looked like it could crash multiplayer.

Anyway, I managed to fix it by copying the Colonialist Legacies mods from (C:\Users\Home\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS) directly into the Mod Pack in (E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods) and replacing them. I thought I'd have to recompile the whole modpack and re-upload it for my friends, but this worked fine.

TL;DR Just find the mods that have missing textures and replace them with the original mod file that you downloaded before compiling. Hope it works for you!

Thanks! I'll try this.

That's happened to me before when I forgot to remove the custom dll. Are you sure you did that?

Yeah i removed the custom dll, maybe it's ahving issues because the dll was contained in a GameCore subfolder originally rather than the mod's root directory?

- Witch Hunt buttons for Saints Magical Girls, or for non-Saints MGs in a game with the Saints

I can't foresee a problem with this which wouldn't occur with other Civs too.

- other Wish-native custom action buttons. I don't know if Vice has programmed them to be context-sensitive like the vanilla upgrade button.

I imagine that there is going to be an issue with using Grief Seeds, knowing what I know now about Time Stop and any other UI actions which don't go through the DLL. Also anything in the Pleiades Freezer, but at least that one can be avoided by not playing them for now. Unfortunately, it's going to be some time before I can get around to updating them for multiplayer compatibility.

As part of an ongoing signature touch for the Crystal Fire pack, I'm attempting to salt certain text files with custom entries. So far, I've found that the replacement spy names I tried to work into the Saints' OtherText.xml aren't showing up at runtime. More than likely, neither are the 27 additional Magical Girl names I've added to Wish's GenericMGNames-english.xml. How can I fix either of these? So far, neither clearing Core cache or Mods cache has produced results - though clearing Mods cache is a frivolity, as I'm trying to do all the XML salting in post-processing and keeping the vanilla file versions around as fallbacks.

Have you had all players set ValidateGameDatabase to 1 in config.ini? Just throwing that out there; this is going to be outside of my realm of expertise since it's no longer reading from the MODS folder.

Have you had all players set ValidateGameDatabase to 1 in config.ini? Just throwing that out there; this is going to be outside of my realm of expertise since it's no longer reading from the MODS folder.

ValidateGameDatabase has been set to 1 for me since go; the legacy spy names showing up is happening in Single Player. If it were that simple, I'd have tacked on a note for my end-users to do just that.

Hi,

i could solve the problem.
For everbody that may stuck at the same position:
Update your game to the latest version and it is working ;-) I missed the latest patch and so i couldn´t use it.

Top Bottom