MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

Hi,

i could solve the problem.
For everbody that may stuck at the same position:
Update your game to the latest version and it is working ;-) I missed the latest patch and so i couldn´t use it.

Ah that does make complete sense. No one thought of that...

Crystal Fire pack v6r3 is currently propagating download links; see the Google Doc in about 2-3 hours for acquisition options.

Also, got the XML salting from v6r2 to work properly this time around. Feel free to post your screenshots of the Genki Girls taking Joyrides or whatever else may come of the expanded Generic Magical Girl list.

Yeah i removed the custom dll, maybe it's ahving issues because the dll was contained in a GameCore subfolder originally rather than the mod's root directory?

Turns out the fix was quite simple, I had to go into the Multiplayer Ai's .modinfo and change <SupportsSingleplayer> to 1.

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum and I've recently taken up an interest in modding the multiplayer side of Civ. I'm currently experiencing the learning curve of coding and modding, so I'm not going to say I know exactly what's going on... lol. What you guys are doing here is just awesome, btw. Thanks for giving the lil' people a chance to do it :).

I'm trying this thing out here and I'm getting an error code in Firetuner, which is this:

Runtime Error: C:\Users\Ben\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\attachment\MultiPlayer ModsPack Maker (v 1)\MPMP_Maker.lua:184: Failed! Check Folder Names!

I'm not sure what this means exactly. The directory for the modspack maker is exactly the same as it's described in the OP (I think). I put it here:

C:\Users\Ben\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\attachment\MultiPlayer ModsPack Maker (v 1).

The mods I'm using are:

- [bnw] colonialist legacies - Canada (v2)
- TSL Giant Map Gedemon (Cookie's version) (v 3)
- Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 22)
- Ynaemp City States for BNW (v 1)

I will not be surprised if I missed a step and that it's a simple fix. I'm using the Sept. 11th version. Civ is updated.

If you guys could help figure what the issue might be, I'd would greatly appreciate it!

Turns out the fix was quite simple, I had to go into the Multiplayer Ai's .modinfo and change <SupportsSingleplayer> to 1.

Interesting. I've put that in the first post. Multiplayer AI is not intended for use in singleplayer mod, which is probably why he has it set to 0. I doubt anyone else does...

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum and I've recently taken up an interest in modding the multiplayer side of Civ. I'm currently experiencing the learning curve of coding and modding, so I'm not going to say I know exactly what's going on... lol. What you guys are doing here is just awesome, btw. Thanks for giving the lil' people a chance to do it :).

I'm trying this thing out here and I'm getting an error code in Firetuner, which is this:

Runtime Error: C:\Users\Ben\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\attachment\MultiPlayer ModsPack Maker (v 1)\MPMP_Maker.lua:184: Failed! Check Folder Names!

I'm not sure what this means exactly. The directory for the modspack maker is exactly the same as it's described in the OP (I think). I put it here:

C:\Users\Ben\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\attachment\MultiPlayer ModsPack Maker (v 1).

The mods I'm using are:

- [bnw] colonialist legacies - Canada (v2)
- TSL Giant Map Gedemon (Cookie's version) (v 3)
- Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 22)
- Ynaemp City States for BNW (v 1)

I will not be surprised if I missed a step and that it's a simple fix. I'm using the Sept. 11th version. Civ is updated.

If you guys could help figure what the issue might be, I'd would greatly appreciate it!

Ah, this is #11 on the troubleshooting list in the OP. Let me quote myself:
Problem 11 CreateMP() returns the error "Failed! Check Folder Names!"
Possible Solution 11:Examine the lua lines just before your error. You should see something like:
Code:
[517227.953] \Users\{USERNAME}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\MultiPlayer ModsPack Maker (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Copying [BNW] Colonialist Legacies - The Blackfoot Confederacy (v.2) (v 1)
[517227.954] \Users\{USERNAME}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\MultiPlayer ModsPack Maker (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Failed ! trying [bnw]_colonialist_legacies_-_the_blackfoot_confederacy_(v.2)

If the actual folder name containing the relevant mod is NOT named exactly the same as either of the two names mentioned here, rename the folder to match one of these two formats.

If you do not have the error on hand, you can also piece the name back together from your modinfo:
At beginning you will see:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Mod id="90090edf-4691-4393-b7ed-e7f07e240387" version="1">
  <Properties>
    <Name>[BNW] Colonialist Legacies - The Blackfoot Confederacy (v.2)</Name>
The proper folder name is {Name} (v {version # in modinfo}). In this case:
Code:
[BNW] Colonialist Legacies - The Blackfoot Confederacy (v.2) (v 1)

You need to go into \Users\{USERNAME}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\ and check that your mod folders follow the right format. In your case, it's probably "[bnw] colonialist legacies - Canada (v2)" because it's already known the colonialist legacy folders don't follow the normal steam convention (see Blackfoot above), and if [bnw] colonialist legacies - Canada (v2) is literally your folder name, it must be wrong (proper steam format is (v 2). You're missing a space).

I wish I could do better and make it more automatic, but Gedemon has the dll source code, and I don't think I can leave the civ 5 working directories using only lua.

I figured out how to do this properly (for the most part). After many crashes and file corruptions, I managed to get the simpler mods working. I read in Gedemon's post(s) (in the original thread that this thread picks up from, more or less) that custom setup/lobby screens are not yet supported with this method.

I'm just wondering here... is there a way to actually do this? Is this even being worked on at all? It seems to me that once that's figured out, a person wouldn't have trouble with trying out any mod (using this kind of method) after that. I'm not assuming you guys are familiar with the mod I'm using; it's one of Gedemon's true start location earth map pack mods (which I find is just brilliant :p). I posted the name of it in this thread already.

Even though I'm inexperienced with modding and coding, I'm willing to try to figure some of this stuff out too. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

I figured out how to do this properly (for the most part). After many crashes and file corruptions, I managed to get the simpler mods working. I read in Gedemon's post(s) (in the original thread that this thread picks up from, more or less) that custom setup/lobby screens are not yet supported with this method.

I'm just wondering here... is there a way to actually do this? Is this even being worked on at all? It seems to me that once that's figured out, a person wouldn't have trouble with trying out any mod (using this kind of method) after that. I'm not assuming you guys are familiar with the mod I'm using; it's one of Gedemon's true start location earth map pack mods (which I find is just brilliant :p). I posted the name of it in this thread already.

Even though I'm inexperienced with modding and coding, I'm willing to try to figure some of this stuff out too. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Frankly, it's beyond my expertise. I would suspect that you couldn't with this method, however. The main game database is loaded at game launch, and the only time it's reloaded is when you select mods in the single-player mods menu. We have the source code for the gamecore which runs the game, but not the other parts of the game. It's possible the front end menus can be changed by modifying game assets, but these wouldn't get loaded in by a dlc, I think...I think you'd have to modify game files to do this.

I don't really, though.

Hey everyone, I'm having a slight problem. I'm trying to compile a pretty big pack, with various new civilizations, buildings and allsorts. The pack compiles successfully, but as it gets close to finishing, it begins copying Audio_2DSounds, Audio_Sounds, Audio_3DSounds etc. After each copy, a line is returned saying "Do you Crash here?". The program then crashes as it attempts to copy Audio_SoundScapes.

Since there are 30+ mods in this pack, it's been hard to determine the root cause - if it's just one mod or a mixture of mods that are causing the issue is unknown to me. I've tried juggling around the mod selection and removing all audio files from the mods, but alas to no avail - the program still crashes and in exactly the same place, with Audio_SoundScapes. I really am bemused!

I'd be very greatful for any help! :)

Hey everyone, I'm having a slight problem. I'm trying to compile a pretty big pack, with various new civilizations, buildings and allsorts. The pack compiles successfully, but as it gets close to finishing, it begins copying Audio_2DSounds, Audio_Sounds, Audio_3DSounds etc. After each copy, a line is returned saying "Do you Crash here?". The program then crashes as it attempts to copy Audio_SoundScapes.

Since there are 30+ mods in this pack, it's been hard to determine the root cause - if it's just one mod or a mixture of mods that are causing the issue is unknown to me. I've tried juggling around the mod selection and removing all audio files from the mods, but alas to no avail - the program still crashes and in exactly the same place, with Audio_SoundScapes. I really am bemused!

I'd be very greatful for any help! :)

Since I'm the guy who implemented that part of the code, I could definitely help (probably).

1) What was the specific error?
2) At the moment, the code explicitly ignores anything that isn't custom music (because the number of mods that does anything involving custom unit sounds or soundscapes approaches zero). Since it doesn't crash for anyone else, I can only guess you might have a unicorn-a mod that actually tries to do something unusual with the sound system.

Hmm, so both the link to the modpack I have (which needs fixing anyway but I never got around to updating it) and the Ultimate Madoka patch just got zapped by copyright takedown. :crazyeye:

Uh...okay...

The modpack I can see because it has images and such, but the patch? The pure lua code? I wonder if it was one of those takedown bots. Are other people with links in this thread getting zapped?

To be clear, I don't mean by the forum, I mean I got an actual takedown notice on the mega account-but other nearly-identical files I have sitting around in the account have been untouched. Only the links in this thread got capped.

No takedown issues so far. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to file lockers, however, which means I deactivate Dropcanvas links for the CF modpack as they expire, and further prune away obsolete revisions.

In fact, starting with Version 7 (which will probably go live by Saturday or Sunday), I'll be using Dropbox/Mediafire exclusively for split archives, MEGA/Google Drive for all-in-ones, and DC as a catch-it-quick option for either method.

Vice, it's all up to you to make this happen. Give Gilgamesh the new mission handler.

Vice, it's all up to you to make this happen. Give Gilgamesh the new mission handler.

Done. I'm quite interested to see if my idea on how to make the GOB UI not cause desyncs will actually work.

EDIT3: Vice Virtuoso is working on a large update. As soon as that is completed, I will make the updated version of this pack. 12/31/14

I made a modpack with the following mods:
Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes
More Luxuries
More Pantheons
R.E.D. Modpack
ZNW - Symbolic Ideaology Tenets
Madoka Wish for the World
Madoka Ultra Soundtrack

Since I wanted to have the wish for the world set without other additional civs.
EDIT: link removed due to copyright takedown.

Just wanted to take the time to thank Vicevirtuo, cicero225, Haken Browning, and anyone else involved who I may have missed for making multiplayer mod packs -- particularly for Wish for the World -- possible. I loved the Wish for the World mechanics in Single Player, and so recommended it to a friend who also downloaded it. Being able to play it in multiplayer though was beyond awesome. I've actually created a scenario type set of rules for my friends and I to play in larger matches. (I'll put this in spoilers so only those interested have to look at it and to conserve space. Also, these rules are just kept on the honor system and order is kept by the other players; they are not built into the game.)
Spoiler :
Setup:
-1 player is Ultimate Madoka.
-1 player is Demon Homura.
-Remaining players are other Magical Girl civs.
-Of those, one is randomly selected to be Kyubey's proxy.
-Recommended player count: 6 - 10.
______
Victory Conditions:
-Time and Science victories turned off.
-All others are applicable.
______
Rules for Magical Girl Civs.
-The first magical girl you receive represents you and is the leader of your civ. Protect her at all costs.
-If your leader is killed, she fades away in accordance with the Law of Cycles and you become a vassal to Ultimate Madoka.
-If your leader becomes a witch and Kyubey's civ is alive, Kyubey's contract cycle dominates your civ. You are vassalized to the Kyubey nation. Kyubey's Civ receives no penalty for this, but can be subjugated via losing his capital if this happens.
-If your leader becomes a witch but Kyubey's civ has been destroyed or is killed but Ultimate Madoka's civ has been destroyed, select a new magical girl to become your leader and declare it to the world. If you have no other magical girls, then your military is restricted to your borders until you get one and declare.
-If your leader is defeated by Demon Homura, your entire civ is likewise subjugated by Homura.
_______
Rules for Ultimate Madoka:
-Cannot declare war on a wim against any civ with the exception of Demon Homura.
-You are allowed to defend Civs you made a declaration of friendship with, but cannot attack enemies outside their territory.
-You may enact full use of force to defend yourself and your vassalized civs, provided they are not the aggressors. In that case, the previous rule applies instead.
-You may declare war an aggressive war on a civ that initiates rebellion against you. However, your vassals are not obligated to assist you with this endeavor.
-If you lose Madoka's Dimension, you are considered subjugated by the conquerer as soon as the resistance period runs out. Retake it before then.
______
Rules for Demon Homura:
-You may not make declarations of friendship with non-subjugated civs.
-Feel free to kill anyone who gets in your way.
-You have the same defeat condition as Ultimate Madoka, just using Homura's Dimension.
_______
Subjugation rules:
-Unless rebellion is initiated, you may not declare war on your subjugator. You may, however, act in self defense if your surrender is not accepted.
-When subjugating another nation, you must offer a plain peace agreement within five turns with no stipulations. The defeated party must accept.
-If Ultimate Madoka is at war with a civ that must become her vassal, she must offer a peace agreement immediately and with no stipulations. The defeated party must accept.
-Regardless of the circumstances of vassalization, both Ultimate Madoka and her vassals are to immediately form a declaration of friendship and a defensive alliance.
-Two civs bound to the same subjugator may not declare war on one another except with permission from their subjugator. Ultimate Madoka is never to allow infighting amongst her vassals.
-If you are a vassal of Ultimate Madoka and obtain victory: Both you and Ultimate Madoka obtain victory.
-If you are subjugated by anyone else and obtain victory: If you win, it's just the equivalent of your subjugator winning instead of you.
-If you are subjugated by Kyubey, you may not inform anyone who the Kyubey player is.
-If at any point the civ that subjugated you is destroyed, you are freed immediately. Magical girl civs must declare a new leader.
_______
Rebellion event conditions:
_________
Ultimate Madoka / Demon Homura rebellion:
-You are able to initiate rebellion once in the Information Age by declaring war against the owner of your original capital.
-From that point, you have 15 turns to reclaim your original capital and obtain freedom.
-If unsuccessful, you are subjugated for the remainder of the game.
-If successful, you are freed for the remainder of the game, even if you lose your capital again, meaning the only way to get rid of you at that point will be to kill you.
______
Kyubey rebellion conditions:
-If two magical girl civs fall under your control, you may reveal yourself as the Kyubey player.
-This will cause instant freedom, but also cause you and your vassals to be eternally at war with both Ultimate Madoka and Demon Homura if they are not subjugated.
_______
Magical Girl Civ rebellion conditions:
-Dependent on the specific civ you are playing.
-Regardless of the specific conditions, you must turn a prodigy into a magical girl the turn you declare rebellion and declare this to be your new leader. Reset defeat conditions with this leader as your character.
-You may only initiate rebellion once.
_______
Madoka Kaname/Homura Akemi: "My Greatest Friend"
-If both of you are subjugated by the same player, you may make a declaration of friendship and defensive alliance with one another, then simultaneously declare war on your subjugator, thereby initiating rebellion.
-(Note: The best idea would be to keep these two apart if you're any other Civ.)
-This condition also applies to Ultimate Madoka / Demon Homura, provided they have not intiated their individual rebellions yet. (If someone owns both of them simultaneously, that person needs to be taken down.)
_______
Kyouko Sakura: "Teachings of My Father"
-You may initiate rebellion if a religion that you founded becomes the world religion.
_______
Sayaka Miki: "One Last Performance"
-You may initiate rebellion if you fulfill Broadway's theming requirement.
-This requires filling the three Great Works of Music slots in Broadway with Great Works of Music that came from the same civilization and the same era.
_______
Mami Tomoe: "...Because I'm Not Alone Anymore"
-You may initiate rebellion if you possess 10 units of Tiro Musketeers and 10 of any other military unit.
_______
Nagisa Momoe: "More Cheese!"
-You may initiate rebellion if you possess 15 pastures within your civilization.
_______
Pleiades Saints: "She Lives!"
-You may initiate rebellion if you achieve a "Very Good" result with a Freezer Experiment.
_______
Shirome: "A Better Future At Any Cost"
-You may initiate rebellion if you completely destroy another civilization after being subjugated.
-As previously stated, you cannot declare war on your subjugator prior to intitiating rebellion, so you must target someone else for this.
_______
Other Info:
-Kyubey should try to keep his civ secret. The Ultimate Madoka player will make the roll which determines the Kyubey player. She is forbidden from informing anyone but the chosen Kyubey player of the result.
-Magical Girl civs (and Kyubey before he reveals himself) must declare the name of their leader and declare when they die or become witches.
-Kyubey contacts those who have met the latter fate secretly.
-The Pleiades Saints and Shirome use their first 2 Magical Girls as leaders. Losing one prevents you from attacking outside your territory for 10 turns. Losing both invokes subjugation conditions, determined by the fate of the longer-lived of the two.
________
Vision and Tips for each faction:
________
Ultimate Madoka: When Magical Girls suffer, Ultimate Madoka is there for them. She takes the darkness unto herself and protects the hopes and dreams of all within the influence of the Law of Cycles. The result is a harmonious dominion, spanning the breadth of the world. Her loyal followers will defend those who cannot defend themselves; and while some may break away from the unity in pursuit of their own selfish interests, the work of Ultimate Madoka creates a reality which is ultimately beneficial to all Magical Girls throughout the world.
-Ultimate Madoka should be the most "peaceful" civ, fighting only to defend herself and her allies.
-It would be almost impossible for Ultimate Madoka to win a Domination victory. Go for a Cultural or Diplomatic victory instead.
-Since it is easiest for a Magical Girl to end up as a vassal of Ultimate Madoka over any other fate, you will likely end up with a defensive array of allies. Be sure to protect them, especially from Demon Homura.
-As victory for one of your vassals would mean victory for both of you, there is little incentive for them to declare rebellion, even if the conditions are met.
-Rebellion is not impossible, however. You should keep an eye on overly ambitious civs who may try to win on their own.
-If possible, convince your allies to launch a joint strike against Demon Homura. A single attacker will likely fail and just end up making Demon Homura more powerful.
_________
Demon Homura: This reality is yours if you just reach out and take it. Many will oppose you. Some may rebel against your authority. In the end, it matters not what means you employ to remove the obstacles in your path, only that you are victorious and finally create a realm where Madoka will be kept safe for all eternity. Do whatever it takes to seal away Ultimate Madoka's power and create the reality of your deepest desires.
-Pick off any civ you come across. This will gain you vassals, expand your influence, and improve your palace yields.
-Beware, however, that enemies may unite against you if they believe you are becoming too much of a threat. Move aggressively, but do not overextend yourself.
-Due to your faction ability being dependent upon war, it may be easiest for you to win a Domination victory.
-Keep an eye on your vassals. As a victory for them in a subjugated state would only mean victory for you, they will attempt to rebel. Be ready to crush them when they do.
-Look out for alliances built up by Ultimate Madoka and Kyubey. They are the biggest threats to your power.
Kyubey: The never-ending conflict between Magical Girls and Witches creates the best means of harvesting an energy source to combat entropy throughout the universe. Unfortunately, you are surrounded by two beings capable of altering the laws of the universe to prevent Magical Girls from becoming witches and a number of Magical Girls themselves who -- like all humans -- cannot comprehend your greater purpose. Your task is clear: rise above your enemies and ensure the plans of the Incubators are not threatened. It will all start with a single contract...
-Don't make yourself obvious. Both Magical Girls and Demon Homura will attempt to destroy you to prevent witch-induced subjugation.
-Hoard Grief Seeds. This will make it harder for enemy Magical Girls to stop themselves from becoming witches.
-Patience is key. Over-aggression will only draw attention to yourself and will likely get enemy Magical Girls killed, turning their civ to Ultimate Madoka instead of you.
-If you must fight an enemy's original Magical Girl, simply injure her and fall back. Depleting her Soul Gem is the highest objective.
-Build an alliance. People will declare when their original Magical Girl becomes a witch. At that point, you may message them within five times to force subjugation. You may also build regular friendships to keep face.
-Use deception. You may also declare when your original Magical Girl becomes a witch, throwing other players off your trail. You may also refuse to offer subjugation to a civ whose original Magical Girl became a witch, causing others to believe they may be the Kyubey player.
-Pick your fights. Decide whether or not a subjugated civ is worth revealing yourself to protect. Sometimes they may be. Other times, they may not.
-Keep an eye on your vassals. As with Demon Homura, your vassals cannat obtain victory while subjugated. They will attempt to rebel against you. At that point, you will be exposed. Attempt to prevent them from reaching their rebellion conditions. If all else fails, crush them.
-All three victory types are equally accessible to Kyubey.
_________
Magical Girls: The world is plunged into conflict, and it is your soul that is at stake. The fatalism of Magical Girls is only compounded by the great powers vying for control over this reality. In the midst of all this, you still have your own wish for the world -- your own vision to manifest. Will you somehow be able to defy the odds and achieve your goals, becoming the greatest civilization this world has ever known? Or will you be taken by those who are considered "above" mortals and humans? Whatever happens, never stop fighting.
-Protect your original Magical Girl. If she dies, it's all but assured you're finished as an independent civ. You can either stow her away in your capital immediately or have her gain early experience to increase her survivability later on.
-Collect as many Grief Seeds as possible. You do not want to become a witch. Never be caught without Grief Seeds.
-Build friendships as necessary. Sometimes, it's impossible to go it alone against the large powers. Both of you will likely be competing for Grief Seeds though, so remain friends only so long as is beneficial.
-Find Kyubey and hunt down his civ. This will prevent subjugation.
-All three victory types are equally accessible to Magical Girls.
-If you are subjugated, try to fulfill your rebellion conditions as quickly as possible. However, wait for the right time before initiating rebellion. You may want to wait a while after fulfilling the rebellion conditions for your subjugator to drop his or her guard.

Anyway, thanks again for all your work. It has made my Civ V experience reach heights I didn't think possible. Great job. :goodjob:

If you're using Crystal Fire v6r3 (and hopefully later, once Vice gets back to me about a hiccup with the MSF revamp), will you create rules for the other modcivs?
I could once I become more familiar with some of the other factions. For instance, in my last Single Player game I decided to pit myself against Boundary's Domain and Scarlet Estate, as they appeared to have highly significant military bonuses. The question would be how to translate their unique personalities and playstyles into significant events. Yukari would likely have something requiring cities on multiple parts of the world to give the impression that she's "everywhere at once" while the Earth Spirits would have something relating to the amount of fallout present in their lands.

Another concern would be whether I attempt to fit them into the current mold as potential "great unknowns" within the world or attempt to universalize the whole thing via taking the emphasis off Ultimate Madoka / Demon Homura. I may do both...

That's a lot of stuff to leave to an honor system. :O

You might be happy to know that the "leader" magical girl concept is making its way into the actual mod. She'll replace the turn 1 settler, and be represented as the first contracted MG who got humanity (well, your civilization's humanity) out of the Stone Age. She contracts when you settle your first city, which also triggers the discovery of agriculture. Details are being worked out, but expect it in the first big update after I'm done with my civ revamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkuuù

That's a lot of stuff to leave to an honor system. :O

You might be happy to know that the "leader" magical girl concept is making its way into the actual mod. She'll replace the turn 1 settler, and be represented as the first contracted MG who got humanity (well, your civilization's humanity) out of the Stone Age. She contracts when you settle your first city, which also triggers the discovery of agriculture. Details are being worked out, but expect it in the first big update after I'm done with my civ revamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkuuù

First Magical Girl: "I really hate having to walk everywhere to find food, I wish I could just sit here and have it show up for me."
Incubator: "Wish granted."

If possible, can we have this first girl nameable? Similar to the Unit Rename mod (sadly incompatible with yours)?

Top Bottom