MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

What the heck means Firetuner "2"? I only find the normal firetuner version from the sdk. And this is version 1.0.4206.18846
And I didnt find anything about firetuner 2 @google.

My current situation: If I start firetuner first and then civ + start game then I cant find MPMP_Maker in the drop down menu. If I restart firetuner at this time I can find MPMP_Maker but it looks different --> seems like firetuner doesnt start the other things.

I hope you can understand my english x)

It's just the firetuner that comes with the SDK. I think it's labeled 2 somewhere but the number doesn't really matter since there's pretty much only one.

MPMP_Maker should only exist if you have firetuner running and have a mod game running with the mod loaded. It won't appear until a game like that is launched. Firetuner doesn't start the other things, no.

I've made a ModPack for the Mods: Middle Earth Civs, City-States, Barbarians, Soundtrack and Only(Middle Earth Only is the mod that disables the Firaxis Civilizations so you can play with only the mods one) that is the first compacted folder, the second one doesn't have the Middle Earth Only mod(It is the compacted file with the title modpack_without_Middle_Earth_Only_mod, the MP_MODSPACK folder is the only thing inside of this second one)

I'm having difficulty getting this to work after having made modpacks successfully previously a number of times. Now, all of the sudden, after I make the modpack, when I start a game "normally" (with the modpack running), I am unable to move my units with either the mouse or the m-command, but they will move with numpad. I've confirmed that the issue doesn't exist when I load all of the mods to start a game before making the modpack, but *something* happens during the creation that prevents movement. I can list the mods I'm using, but they're all pretty bog-standard (more lux, more panths, etc.) and like I've said, I've gotten this same modpack to work previously. I just need to remake it but suddenly, it's not working anymore.

I'll see what I can do. The problem for me is less creating the modpack since I can do that in about 10 minutes but rather uploading since my internet is incredibly slow.

I took a look at it. The issue is that both Civ IV diplomatic features and Great Spy have a dll file. As fire as I know, this means you can't use both at once with MPMPM. Theoretically, you should be able to use either or but when I tried to make a modpack without Great spy I was getting an error. I could however almost certainly add smart AI to the list. For the other two however you need to choose which one you want and try again (make sure to follow the preparation steps and remove the dll from the mod folder). Lastly, if you haven't already, try using this https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mppatch-easy-modded-multiplayer.617806/ . If it works you should be able to use all of your mods at once.

I took a look at it. The issue is that both Civ IV diplomatic features and Great Spy have a dll file. As fire as I know, this means you can't use both at once with MPMPM. Theoretically, you should be able to use either or but when I tried to make a modpack without Great spy I was getting an error. I could however almost certainly add smart AI to the list. For the other two however you need to choose which one you want and try again (make sure to follow the preparation steps and remove the dll from the mod folder). Lastly, if you haven't already, try using this https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mppatch-easy-modded-multiplayer.617806/ . If it works you should be able to use all of your mods at once.

Thank you for the attempt. I didn't know the existence of that tool. I will try it, thank you again :) .If you update your modpack with something pls just post it here, i am already enjoying the previous one

Big thanks to @Moi Magnus , and @Enginseer . Here is a mod pack with the 4-20 hotfix edition. It includes the all-new bare necessities mod, and the newest version of events, and many aesthetic mods too. I forgot to include the more uniques mod, which I've been enjoying a lot lately.

upload_2019-4-22_12-43-5.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5p5tpvcv...th events and wonders and aesthetics.zip?dl=0

Is this forum dead? I have a question if it is not. When I create my modpack with Vox Populi, I get that corporation screen like you said but however when I try to play the modpack I get the corporation screen also. Is Vox Populi no longer compatible with this?

Edit: I also had a question of where exactly do I put that dll that the instructions say to remove in the modpack.

It goes in the root of the mopdpack folder. Hope that fixes things

Okay thank you, however now Firetuner says the mod is not loaded even though it is. I have given up any hope of this working.

Me and my friend have some problems with Kesler's JFD Civs Pack.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13857702&postcount=454

We are both getting the same errors when we are trying to exstract the MP_JFD_MODSPACK folder into our DLC folder.

error 0x80010135 path too long

edited_aim_idle_offset_continue_true_graph.dge
edited_aim_ms_civilian_enter_bombard_defend.dge
edited_aim_ms_idle_offset_continue_true_graph.dge
edited_fx_triggers_antiair_vehicle_1gun.ftsxml
edited_fx_triggers_antiair_vehicle_2gun.ftsxml
edited_fx_triggers_antiair_vehicle_3gun.ftsxml
edited_fx_triggers_antiair_vehicle_4gun.ftsxml
edited_fx_triggers_fighter_2Propellers.ftsxml
Chariot_Celtic_MD_DieA.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_Fidget.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_FortifyA.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_HurtA.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_Idle.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_StrikeA.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_DieA.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_Fidget.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_HurtA.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_Idle.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_Run.gr2
Chariot_ Chinese_MD_StrikeA.gr2
chariot_md_fortifya_idle.gr2
egyptianwarchariot_md_diea.gr2
egyptianwarchariot_md_idle.gr2
egyptianwarchariot_md_run.gr2

I've got the 0x80010135 path too long issue. Just download longpathtool utility. Solved the same problem in 5 minutes.

I tried to make a vox populi modpack with the latest (8-21) version. When it completes and I go and look at the modpack in my dlc folder, only the city state diplomacy mod formatted over and nothing else. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Edit: I just places the other mods into the folder and it worked but now the corporations screen wont leave. What do i do?

Last edited:
Hello,

Any plans to incorporate the mod with scenarios? I've been trying to add Quick turns mod which seemed to be working fine in single player but with scenarios,I get a black screen and lots of .xml error messages.

Thank you for your work,I'll be sure to use this once I'm done with the achievement scenario hunt.

Edit:Nevermind even in singleplayer,I can't use Quick turns with Enhanced user interface,the mod appears but with EUI,I can't move my units
it only works if I remove EUI

Last edited:
Help! I know this page is somewhat dead, but I cannot make any mpmp modpack work with my friends that use macs. I even tried making a modpack with one mod that adds a wonder, and it just crashes while the game is loading. Is this no longer compatible with MACs?

Help! I know this page is somewhat dead, but I cannot make any mpmp modpack work with my friends that use macs. I even tried making a modpack with one mod that adds a wonder, and it just crashes while the game is loading. Is this no longer compatible with MACs?
Yes, this is still very much compatable with macs. Take a look at some log files, located in ~/Documents/Aspyr/Civilization 5/Logs/
In a location that is something like that, you can find the logs (make sure you have logging enabled as well), and check to see if you can find anything. Do remember, that DLL mods do not work on mac so if that mod you are using has a dll change, it wouldn't work on a mac. If you are trying to compile the modpack on mac, you need a windows computer to do this. Then, have the dlc folder generated be distributed. You cannot make the modpack on mac directly, but the dlc folder made will work just fine.

Yes, this is still very much compatable with macs. Take a look at some log files, located in ~/Documents/Aspyr/Civilization 5/Logs/
In a location that is something like that, you can find the logs (make sure you have logging enabled as well), and check to see if you can find anything. Do remember, that DLL mods do not work on mac so if that mod you are using has a dll change, it wouldn't work on a mac. If you are trying to compile the modpack on mac, you need a windows computer to do this. Then, have the dlc folder generated be distributed. You cannot make the modpack on mac directly, but the dlc folder made will work just fine.

I wrote that the modpack i created used one mod, a mod that adds the Empire State Building Wonder, which does not use any dll file. I also created the modpack on a pc, and the modpack works fine on the pc. I sent this modpack to my friend that uses a mac, and he crashed immediately. So i think that modpacks don't work on macs anymore. At least, my couple hours of testing with multiple different modpacks leads me to believe that macs are no longer compatible.

The logs that he had were exactly the same as mine, including the Lua and Database log files. If anyone you know has a mac, can you ask them to try to use a modpack?

I wrote that the modpack i created used one mod, a mod that adds the Empire State Building Wonder, which does not use any dll file. I also created the modpack on a pc, and the modpack works fine on the pc. I sent this modpack to my friend that uses a mac, and he crashed immediately. So i think that modpacks don't work on macs anymore. At least, my couple hours of testing with multiple different modpacks leads me to believe that macs are no longer compatible.

The logs that he had were exactly the same as mine, including the Lua and Database log files. If anyone you know has a mac, can you ask them to try to use a modpack?
No, I promise you this works on macs because I use a mac and multiplayer mod packs work just fine, its something to do with the way you set your's up. Try deleting the lua files that come generated, or try messing around with some of the xml. If he crashes on game boot, something is wrong with a file being read, not so much as anything wrong with the code within. Try seeing if he can open up the CIV5Units file in override and then save it (should take forever), and then booting his civ. Otherwise, just create a blank template with no mods and then manually code it into the xml. The mod you are looking to use isn't too complex to do anyways. Have your friend also try using EUI. If EUI works, you know its something wrong with the modpack you made and not anything wrong with his game.

everytime i do a modpack (VP modpack) my diplomacy buttom breaks and the EUI city interface cannot sell the buildings. Anyone knows how to fix this?

VP > lastest (12-20) but this occurs at the stable version of VP too.
EUI > 1.28g (legacy)

Top Bottom