MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

Code:
 \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Copying Kentucky by calcul8or
 \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding JFD_BuildingClassesNeededInCityOR to InGame.lua...
 \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding JFD_FirstRate_Functions to InGame.lua...
Runtime Error: C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker.lua:252: attempt to index local 'addinFile' (a nil value)
 \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding Wonders to InGame.lua...
 \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding FutureLua to InGame.lua...

I am getting the above error when trying to compile the modpack. There is a similar issue in the VP More Unique Components GitHub that is still unresolved. I have not seen any information so far in this thread - is there any way to be pointed in the right direction? My first thought is checking to make sure all of my mod folders have the correct names, but not sure what else to do after that.

Edit: I've added the following code to spit out more debug -> first is what I added and the second is now the result.
Code:
for addin in Modding.GetActivatedModEntryPoints("InGameUIAddin") do
        if addin.ModID ~= MPMPMakerModID then
            local addinFile = Modding.GetEvaluatedFilePath(addin.ModID, addin.Version, addin.File)
            local addinPath = addinFile.EvaluatedPath
            local filename = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(addinPath)
            print2 ("Adding " .. filename .. " to InGame.lua...")
            print2 ("which is on path " .. addinPath)
            Game.AddUIAddinToMPMP("InGame.lua", filename)      
        end
    end  

for addin in Modding.GetActivatedModEntryPoints("CityViewUIAddin") do
            local addinFile = Modding.GetEvaluatedFilePath(addin.ModID, addin.Version, addin.File)
            Game.AddUIAddinToMPMP("CityView.lua", filename)  
        end
    end  

for addin in Modding.GetActivatedModEntryPoints("DiplomacyUIAddin") do
            Game.AddUIAddinToMPMP("LeaderHeadRoot.lua", filename)      
        end
    end
Code:
\Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Copying JFD The United States of America (Lincoln)
 \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Copying Michigan Civ
 \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding CSAFunctions to InGame.lua...
 \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: which is on path C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\[BNW] Confederate States of America (v 1)\Lua/CSAFunctions.lua
Runtime Error: C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker.lua:252: attempt to index local 'addinFile' (a nil value)
 \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding Sharpshooterdefense to InGame.lua...
 \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: which is on path C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\[BNW] Confederate States of America (v 1)\Lua/Sharpshooterdefense.lua

Last edited:
I know I've been super-dead, and that's unfortunately likely to continue, but while I pass by here...

everytime i do a modpack (VP modpack) my diplomacy buttom breaks and the EUI city interface cannot sell the buildings. Anyone knows how to fix this?

VP > lastest (12-20) but this occurs at the stable version of VP too.
EUI > 1.28g (legacy)

Unfortunately, Vox Populi is a complex enough mod that applying this mod to it won't work right out of the box. Other handcrafted fixes are necessary. I don't know the details, but I think the VP people themselves would--I think they even maintained a downloadable MP version. If you want other mods on top of that, that's another story...

Code:
 \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Copying Kentucky by calcul8or
 \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding JFD_BuildingClassesNeededInCityOR to InGame.lua...
 \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding JFD_FirstRate_Functions to InGame.lua...
Runtime Error: C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker.lua:252: attempt to index local 'addinFile' (a nil value)
 \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding Wonders to InGame.lua...
 \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding FutureLua to InGame.lua...

I am getting the above error when trying to compile the modpack. There is a similar issue in the VP More Unique Components GitHub that is still unresolved. I have not seen any information so far in this thread - is there any way to be pointed in the right direction? My first thought is checking to make sure all of my mod folders have the correct names, but not sure what else to do after that.

Edit: I've added the following code to spit out more debug -> first is what I added and the second is now the result.
Code:
for addin in Modding.GetActivatedModEntryPoints("InGameUIAddin") do
            Game.AddUIAddinToMPMP("InGame.lua", filename)     
        end
    end 

for addin in Modding.GetActivatedModEntryPoints("CityViewUIAddin") do
            Game.AddUIAddinToMPMP("CityView.lua", filename) 
        end
    end 

for addin in Modding.GetActivatedModEntryPoints("DiplomacyUIAddin") do
            Game.AddUIAddinToMPMP("LeaderHeadRoot.lua", filename)     
        end
    end
Code:
\Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Copying JFD The United States of America (Lincoln)
 \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Copying Michigan Civ
 \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding CSAFunctions to InGame.lua...
 \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: which is on path C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\[BNW] Confederate States of America (v 1)\Lua/CSAFunctions.lua
Runtime Error: C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker.lua:252: attempt to index local 'addinFile' (a nil value)
 \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding Sharpshooterdefense to InGame.lua...
 \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: which is on path C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\[BNW] Confederate States of America (v 1)\Lua/Sharpshooterdefense.lua

Unfortunately I think your extra debug is in the wrong place. if addinfFile is nil, then your print statement will not display. Something is going wrong with:

So to capture what mod this is even happening with, we probably want to print addin.ModID, addin.Version and addin.File.

EDIT: I've had a few crashes while using this modpack now. Just want to make others aware that is in fact a potential problem.
----
When looking at the tutorials for making modpacks, people encourage others to share the modpacks they made. Well, here's one I put together. I've followed the instructions to make Ingame Editor compatible with the version of EUI that I'm using, the IGE button is on the top left hand side. I'm about 150 to 200 turns into my game with this, and there hasn't been any problems.

(Probably) only compatible with: Enhanced User Interface Version 1.28g

Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 4)
Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (BNW Extended) (v 3)
Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Extended) (v 5)
Caravans Build Roads (v 1)
Ethnic Diversity (v 12)
Free Expansion - No Upkeep For Roads (v 1)
Ingame Editor (v 39)
Religion - Improved Customization (v 15)
Terrain - Brazilwood Camp Extension (v 3)
Terrain - Chateau Extension (v 3)
Terrain - Kasbah Extension (v 3)
Terrain - Moai Extension (v 3)
Terrain - Motte-and-bailey Fort (v 5)
Terrain - Polder Extension (v 3)
Terrain - Pontoon Bridge (v 3)
Terrain - Tipi (v 5)

I hope someone will find this useful or enjoyable. And thanks to the OP for the tutorial.

Attachments

• MP_MODSPACK.7z
    13.5 MB · Views: 394
Last edited:
so, @cicero225 you dont like germans? :D
local AudioMiscName = "Civ5_Dialog_Adolphus.xml"
and also DE_DE is "Civ5_Dialog_Adolphus.xml", resulting in only audio while german translation being overwriten.

Also why do you "for textIndex=1,10 do" instead of "for textIndex=1,#langList do" ? Adding removing a language from that list should not cause a crash because of the hardcoded 10 in that loop.

I've added my mod with two music files. Upon creating the modpack the whole mod is absent from the MP_MODSPACK mods folder. The civilisation itself works but music tracks do not play ingame. If I copy the mod from my Civilisation 5 mods folder into the MP_MODSPACK mods folder it breaks the sound in my game. No music, sound effects or ambience plays. I've seen other people's music tracks working and it appears the settings are done the same as mine. Does anyone have a solution to this please?

Edit: Fixed. The mods have to be an individual folder in the civ v MODS folder, as opposed to a collection of folders in the 'mods' folder created by the SDK

Last edited:
Necroing but I need some help. There's no QuickTurns button on the top right side. I'm also using EUI. Any tips?

Necroing but I need some help. There's no QuickTurns button on the top right side. I'm also using EUI. Any tips?
Did you sort out the 3 conflicting UI files (InGame, LeaderHeadRoot and CityView) between EUI and the Modpack? Also, did you copy the list of ContextPtr: from the modpack's Ingame file to the end of the EUI InGame file, and then replace the former with the latter inside the modpack UI folder?

Long time no post.

I'm trying to make Acken's Minimalistic Mod work by itself in Multiplayer.

I have removed the DLL from the folder, created the mpmodspack, and then dropped the DLL back in. It "appears" to function, but work boats are 30hammers/130g, not 10 hammers/50g like they are if I load the mod single player, so I know *something* isn't working right.

The .dll needs to be in the MPmodspack and in the original location, and it is in both...is there another reason this might not work? Anyone tried this in the last few years and come across the same problem?

On whowards picknmix website is a tool to merge mods into a modpack, where you also can set the order of loading.
It also checks for common mistakes in mods, but I guess this tool is old, because it does not know about expansion2.dll.

but I don't know if this would help for multiplayer modpack.
Any idea what the name of the tool was? Can't find any thing on the website. Just need some way to order mods in modpacks to solve some issues.

Any idea what the name of the tool was? Can't find any thing on the website. Just need some way to order mods in modpacks to solve some issues.
hm, no, too long ago and I never used such a tool, but you can ask whoward.

But better use notepad++ (and compare plugin) and winmerge (to compare many files at once) and such tools to find out which files are changed by more than one mod and then compare the files and merge them (or decide for one).

hm, no, too long ago and I never used such a tool, but you can ask whoward.

But better use notepad++ (and compare plugin) and winmerge (to compare many files at once) and such tools to find out which files are changed by more than one mod and then compare the files and merge them (or decide for one).

I found the tool but it is not of much help. Do you think something like JDF RtP Sovereignty would work in multiplayer anyway?

I found the tool but it is not of much help. Do you think something like JDF RtP Sovereignty would work in multiplayer anyway?
don't know the mod. you could ask the author.
In general everyting that uses "ActivePlayer" (or ActiveTeam) outside of any UI related code, will desync.

don't know the mod. you could ask the author.
In general everyting that uses "ActivePlayer" (or ActiveTeam) outside of any UI related code, will desync.
That helped a ton, thanks a lot Serp!

Going a little crazy... I'm following all the steps, yet something is going wrong.
So first of all, the game works when I activate all the mods and try to play around a bit, so there should be no obvious incompatibilities. I'm trying to make a modpack based on the Vox Populi beta (28/5) with a bunch of other mods. If needed, I can post the list of other mods.
So I boot the Live Tuner, I boot Civ 5, I add MPMPM to the modlist and I have the monopoly screen. I switch to the Live Tuner. I don't see the /users/my games/.../MP... in the drop down menu. I do, however, see 2 other mods. Caravan create roads and another from a folder containing a collection of mods. I can't use the CreateMP() command.
If I close the Live Tuner and restart it while still having Civ 5 running, I do get the option in the dropdown menu, so I try to create my modpack. There's a few errors regarding Ingame.lua and City View being overwritten multiple times. I'll have to address that, but I don't know how or where.
Regardless, I now have my modpack. I make sure the .dlls are working, I delete the Ingame.lua from the (1) community ...
The problem is that when I start a game from the normal Single Player menu, I can found my first city, but I can't open my Tech Tree. I'm stuck. I can't advance. I have no idea why things aren't working out. I'm following the steps, but it's not working.
Anyone experienced with creating modpacks with the Vox Populi and a bunch of other mods? (I think 28 in total, 6 of which are VP)

did you make sure that the mpmpm dll is the only dll active while creating the modpack? Try disable firewalls/anti virus programs while making the modpack.
And for multiple CityView (and other) files you must look through all the mods and make sure there is only one of them. If you have multiple of them, you have to merge them yourself (for that you should be able to read and understand the lua code and compare the files eg. with notepad++) or ask the authors to make them compatible to each other.

No, I promise you this works on macs because I use a mac and multiplayer mod packs work just fine, its something to do with the way you set your's up. Try deleting the lua files that come generated, or try messing around with some of the xml. If he crashes on game boot, something is wrong with a file being read, not so much as anything wrong with the code within. Try seeing if he can open up the CIV5Units file in override and then save it (should take forever), and then booting his civ. Otherwise, just create a blank template with no mods and then manually code it into the xml. The mod you are looking to use isn't too complex to do anyways. Have your friend also try using EUI. If EUI works, you know its something wrong with the modpack you made and not anything wrong with his game.
is there a way you could teach me how to make the modpacks? I would greatly appreciate it, as my modpack doesn't have any dll, but a crapton of small mods. I would like it if you could contact me on steam/discord and teach me how to do it. my discord is gabadur#0975, my steam is gabadur. thank you

Ok so I followed along with this guide to make a modpack for Faerun for BNW v17. had the problem #3 error after removing the dll before even starting the game up and the mpcreate wouldnt work. I then went into the .modinfo and removed the specified line. restarted the game started a new playthrough and did mpcreate and everything worked fine. didnt even take 2 hours with my antivirus on (I use advanced system care ultimate). however after replacing the line in the modinfo line (in both locations, mygames/civ5/ mods and the modpack loaction which is in the steam location as well as the dll. when I try to setup the game the entire civ 5 game immediately crashes. not sure whats going on or what could possibly be the culprit but I had firetuner open at the time and it gave me the following error:

Runtime Error: Assets\UI\FrontEnd\SinglePlayer.lua:70 attempt tp index field 'Worlds' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: Assets\UI\FrontEnd\SinglePlayer.lua:70 attempt tp index field 'Worlds' (a nil value)

not sure what that means.
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

is the civilization 4 modpack compatible with the mpmpm modpack because it doesn't seem to work even when i follow the instructions correctly.

Top Bottom