Multiplayer OOS out of sync

sandro ritter

Chieftain
hey Civs,

as title implies, we have an issue

we try to play 2.7 in multiplayer and get oos after about 20 rounds, even save that at this point and host that save new have desync the next round after

is this a general issue?
is there something we have to do?
specific settings in options or MP game?
change some files?

i played 2.6 months ago, where we changed in "STEAM>properties>beta>original release" where you be able to use direct IP connection (which was removed after they withdrawl from gamespy years ago) and we used logmeinhamachi and had no issues, now i have some new players they like to play but they all say logmeinhamachi will not work or they dont want to try that out, they did this with 2.7 and i am pretty sure they didnt try the way i did this

if someone know what the problem is, let me know, i need a solution to play R&R 2.7 in MP

Use We the People instead. The newest version right now is 2.7.1.1 is savegame compatible with RaR 2.7 (WTP can read RaR savegames, but not the other way) and is essentially a bugfix release. There are multiple fixes to network stability. There is one report that negotiating with natives might cause OOS (unconfirmed, but very possible), but other than that people report no OOS.

If you desync each turn, my guess is that one human player is Spain. That bug took me quite a while to figure out. The problem is that Spain has a discount on cultural spread and due to a bug in the discount code, the traits from the player sitting at the computer was used instead of the owner of the colony. This means the culture spread would not be the same on all computers, hence OOS. This affected singleplayer as well. There is no fix for this other than using We the People.

thank you Chieftain,

is that correct that these files from https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod are only 3 folders after extracting? nothing else, just replace? the overview of content on github looks different.. and why the hell is this bugfixed version not on moddb ;)?

anyway, i tried what i described with the 2.7 version from moddb with logmeinhamachi and worked totally fine in MP, i didnt test the SPAIN thing though.. wasnt aware about this issue ;) but FYI, logmeinhamachi network set up by host, everybody connects to that, host setup game with "set the game to "steam>properties>beta>beta original release"" and then everybody do the same in steam and connect ingame by using direct IP option worked fine (direct ip from what is the logmeinhamachi network is host set)

tested a 2 player great map with 15 AI europe and natives, had no sync in 100 years of ingame time, then i stopped testing

but i found a very strange thing in 2.7 with the new unit cost sailor, the AI build lots of them, is this fixed too in 2.7.1.1? i played yesterday standard map without natives but with all europeans, i mean ALL, 2 english, two swedish and so on, and the John Rising Swedish had more than 50 in his main town, and he had no other coastal city, as there was no room for it, so all of these units totally wasted production and free to kill for my Navy after taking his city, they even didnt move away just sitting there and wait for killing

Last edited:
Top Bottom