Multiverse

I have returned to the game and am trying to get back up to speed on making some adjustments. I tested the download and it is still valid.

Hopefully I can provide a new update to this mod in the coming months.

Troy

Great news

Aloha!
So, I've got the same Problem as Awesomandias several pages back, who didn't have a User Interface.

I installed this mod just like all the others in the correct folder (Civ4/Beyond The Sword/mods/Multiverse), Modular loading is set to 1 and everything else.
Now I'm kind of confused - Awesomandias said he fixed it: "I renamed the files after the counterparts in the standard installation"

Does that mean, if I choose a custom Install folder for my Civ4 Main Game instead of installing it under C:/Program files/... I will not be able to run this mod?!?
And if that's the case - I'm not big at modding, but I know my way around most of the files - What files do I have to edit where to change the default path to my path?

Nevermind - I found the problem. The game was still installed on the HD from from my former Windows. Meanwhile I reinstalled windows and therefor all the registry entries for the game were missing. I installed it again and now your mod has an UI.
So for everyone experiencing the same problem: The default location is not necessary, the registry entries ARE. So if you get no UI, re-installing the game over it's current location might help it.

You need to balance a lot of stuff still. I think you're still working on this from the last few posts. In the last game, during the industrial era, I was able to get around 1,000 gold per turn and could complete almost every technology in 1 or two turns, and two turn techs were rare. It got so boring, I used worldbuilder to just delete all my enemies and win a conquest so I could start another game. Have less bonuses, or more unique ones, or less buildings that give science and commerce bonuses.

You need to balance a lot of stuff still. I think you're still working on this from the last few posts. In the last game, during the industrial era, I was able to get around 1,000 gold per turn and could complete almost every technology in 1 or two turns, and two turn techs were rare. It got so boring, I used worldbuilder to just delete all my enemies and win a conquest so I could start another game. Have less bonuses, or more unique ones, or less buildings that give science and commerce bonuses.

Out of curiosity, what difficulty are you playing on?

downloaded the file. It seems to be corrupt, cannot extract it. is 462849KB which seems a little too small. trying again.
Edit second try worked :)

downloaded the file. It seems to be corrupt, cannot extract it. is 462849KB which seems a little too small. trying again.
Edit second try worked :)

That's odd, but I will check it out. Getting a good download to the mod seems to be more of a hassle than writing it.

I agree this mod needs a ton of work, both in balance and also presentation.

I hope to release a new version soon. I'll keep everyone informed on my progress.

Cheers!

Download link broken, for me uri:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98989054/Multiverse.zip

gives:

Error (404) We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

That either means tchristensen has removed it from his dropbox acct, no longer has a dropbox acct, or his computer was turned off when you tried.

It's been a year since he last posted here. Probably safe to say he's moved on. He is an accomplished author.

JosEPh

Top Bottom