Multiverse

OH THAT'S WHAT IT IS! I extracted it into My Documents/BTS/Mods, i don't have a folder called "Firaxis Games" under C:/, could i do something as simple as creating a folder called "Firaxis Games" in Program Files and then move CIV IV and BTS there?

Toyed around with changes today, as I have the day off.

Made these updates that will be in the next release:

Watchtowers are now half the base cost
All damaging terrain has been significantly reduced
Workers now should not be affected by jungles or other damaging terrain
You start with a Settler and a Ranger, excludes the starting worker as he is mostly worthless.

I have no idea what he looks like, but the civilizations are in alphabetical order. I assume that means it is in the A section? It isn't.

I stand corrected, and you are right. What happened was that I reverted to a much older version of the game because I didn't like the direction it was going. I thought I had replaced and updated everything between what I didn't like and what I did, but the Atlanteans slipped through the crack.

Thanks a ton for noticing this!

Interesting mod, but when i create a game on pangäa or lakes, i get maps with grassland only, no ocean, even with high sea level. Rivers always look the same, going from northwest to southeast. Hills only near starting positions, same for hills.
Is that a known issue? Sorry if you discussed this earlier, didn´t read all pages.

Interesting mod, but when i create a game on pangäa or lakes, i get maps with grassland only, no ocean, even with high sea level. Rivers always look the same, going from northwest to southeast. Hills only near starting positions, same for hills.
Is that a known issue? Sorry if you discussed this earlier, didn´t read all pages.

Both maps scripts are old and was picked up from the generic BTS game. Try playing it on Continents or Archipelago and see if it generates better maps. Mixed might also provide some interesting landmasses.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a new version? I haven't had any new ideas other than to fix the bjillion bugs in the mod, but one day I am sure something will come about.

I will continue to dream....
You can add more fantasy civs, like orcs, dwarves, and elves.

Hey,
nice to see, that you are still active on your mod!
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a new version? I haven't had any new ideas other than to fix the bjillion bugs in the mod, but one day I am sure something will come about.

Well, besides some bugs (i have a list, some of them that require only xml i try to fix myself, one small one i already fixed) I also got some ideas, but only raw at the moment.
I kind of would like to see the different timelines/alternate realitys to be more distinctive.
As for now, it does not make a huge strategic/tactical difference if you choose to develop Atlantis or Unholy...

So how about this:

atlantis was presumably an Island in the ocean...
so the atlantans could be more focused on the navy and have kind of bonuses, that are water related (I think your originally idea was simlar?).
Like: "as long as atlantans stay close to water they are very mobile"
By now i created/changed some promotions to get them a little closer to that

maybe with some python coding it could be like this:
  • when a unit is besides a river or a coast and moves to a tile, that is besides river/coast it gets a move bonus (like double move in woods). (maybe as new tag in the PromotionInfo.xml? <bClose2WaterDoubleMoves>?)
  • just as well atlantan roads could only be built on such tiles
  • when in desert or arctis (unfriendly environment fo water...) they have problems (either move restrictions or even demage?) and no atlantan improvement can be built there...

Or (but very hard to code???) closer to the myth: atlantis, very strong navy, expansive, but the more expansive, the greater the hybris and the greater the wrath of the gods... more nature catastrophies, great floods, tsunamies... (for every conquerd city the capitol gets hit by a tsunami)

undead on the other hand, well... they are undead of course... but they have been dead before, so:
  • dying in desert or arctis is somewhat unlikely...
  • when thy die they could have a probabilty to respawn
  • and humans of course flee, when they see them. Don't know how hard this is to code, but i think i saw something like it before... a promotion that gives them a "push back" ability, so they have a chance to push back the enemy from the tile it is on.
  • Oh, right, almost oversaw it.... humans are afraid of them. So of course the population growth will be reduced and the people will be unhappy...
  • ever heard of hellhounds, skeletons or goblins using roads? so no road bonus for them, but they probably like the woods...?

and to make the choice which line to develope a little harder, I would change the "atlantean" civics-option to "alternate timeline/reality" civics and make some civics for atlantans, for Fae/undead/magic, steam punk etc... and units could only be built, if you have that civic.
  • Also it could be harder to reasearch the other line, if you have chosen a civic from on line...? probably hard to code?
  • Or just use this thing from the Civ4CivicInfos.xml <ImprovementYieldChanges/>, so an atlantan civic gives a rather large bonus on atlantan improvements??? Atlantan Channel System: normaly acts like a farm, but with atlantan civic also gives commerce and atlantan ships can move in them. of course it would be fair, if the other lines had worker units as well (cemetary gardner: can construct cemeterys, cemeterys, besides a commerce bonus reduce unhappiness from zombies and the like in the city, also gives those units small defense bonus).
  • Or give them their own great people, which can reasearch techs from their own line?

???
If you like these ideas i could help to elaborate them a bit more and with some easy xml stuff...
???

Have you abandoned this? It's still one of my favorite mods, although the AI tries to research everything instead of a single line, which takes them forever.

Have you abandoned this? It's still one of my favorite mods, although the AI tries to research everything instead of a single line, which takes them forever.

Sadly this mod is pretty much dead. I had hoped to get back into the swing of things over the summer, but work and new games have distracted me again.

I agree with you that the AI has a trouble learning to concentrate on one tech line, either favoring technology or magic.

Its really odd though about modding, it is very possible one day I will get up and just jump right back into it again.

Thanks for playing the mod,

Troy

A couple of questions:

1) Do you like finding technologies in huts? Or would you prefer less chance of that and better chance to find money and units?

2) Would you like to see some Civilizations unable to learn Magic?

3) I like slower, long term games. Would you like to see this sort of game enhanced

4) I was thinking of adding a 2nd UU to each civilization. A daunting task, so I need ideas from players what would you like to see?

Maybe make some fixes first?

Many UBs are broken. E.g., a regular forge can have up to +90%:hammers:, +25%:commerce:, +3:), but the Hittite Iron Forge only gets up to +30%:hammers:, +5%:commerce:, +4:) -- i.e., it's a downgrade, not the upgrade it should be.

Also, the Religious icons etc. are messed up. E.g., you have the Asatru wonder hooked up as the Nahuatl Shrine and I think Nahuatl displays the icon of a third religion.

On your questions:
1.) No; I turn them off. Can you make them give quests? :crazyeye:
2.) That would be interesting if it balanced. Maybe research Mundania and it allows Mundane techs and blocks Magicka and Magicka-dependent techs (and conversely), while researching neither allows some (not all) of both. Is that possible?
3.) Not at the expense of Normal speed.
4.) One build-my-own UU for each Age. I'd design a better worker at the start and then adapt to conditions - Barb defense, sea raiding, city attack, whatever.

Top Bottom