Music and Sound Effect in HoTK

stmartin

aka. poyuzhe
Now the Official Music Pack is out, but I have yet to hear any feedback, even negative ones.:mad:

Because music and sound effect are such a vital part to the whole gaming experience, I want to hear feedbacks from players, especially concerning the following areas:

1. Is there any particular sound track that make you feel awkward?
2. Is there any particular sound effect (such as belief spread, I know that one) that make you feel awkward?
3. Do you have a great sound track or some good sound effect in your hand that you want to put into the Mod?

Thanks!

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but when I get to the Warring States era, I get the generic CIV medieval music. I did a reinstall of the music pack to see if the XML file got lost somehow but it didn't change. Perhaps third time's the charm, so I'll check again to see.

I have the same problem. The music pack only works for the mass chaos era. After that, it revert back to civ generic music.

Try using world builder to give your civ technologies by era, and see if the music changes after the 2nd era.

Edit: may be I forgot to put Civ4EraInfos.xml into music pack. It's attached, try it. It would require starting a new game, try using world builder to give free tech by era to advance era. Let me know the result.

Put the file in The History of Three Kingdoms\Assets\XML\GameInfo

Attachments

• CIV4EraInfos.7z
    1.7 KB · Views: 258
I have found the reason why the music doesn't play past the mass chaos era. The sound files in the Medieval folder have not been included in the XML of AudioDefines, Audio2DScripts, and CIV4EraInfos.

I have modified theses XML to add the music files. I have also set <iSoundtrackSpace>0</iSoundtrackSpace> to 0 from 400 to reduce the wait time between each track in CIV4EraInfos.

Now, the music work correctly for all era.

Here is my modifications.

Attachments

• Assets.zip
    38.9 KB · Views: 240
Thanks very much Matys, I will try to prevent such errors on my part in the future. We will include your modifications in the next release.

Hi, I'm new here and I'd like to tell that your mod is fantastic. Besides that, i'd like to help with sounds. Do you think that sounds from Emperor:rise of the middle kingdom are ok for Hotk buildings? Let me know and I'll gladly send you the sounds.:)
PS: for the beliefs, you could use pieces from 12 girls band music or DW/SW/ROTK games.

@Sun Ce of Wu

Thanks!

I haven't played that game, so just send me the sounds and I'll see if it fits. My email address is tongshen.martin at gmail.com.

Top Bottom