My medieval reskin thread

Castor_Troy

Warlord
Well decided its easier like this and it gives an better overall look, also as I need more units, guess I`ll post them here. So here there is everything I ever did regarding reskins of units. Enjoy ;D
KINGDOM OF JERUSALEM
Spoiler Units :

HISTORY :
The Kingdom of Jerusalem was a Christian kingdom established in the Levant in 1099 after the First Crusade. It lasted nearly two hundred years, from 1099 until 1291 when the last remaining possession, Acre, was destroyed by the Mamluks.
At first the kingdom was little more than a loose collection of towns and cities captured during the crusade. Later kings expanded its size so that at its height in the mid-twelfth century, the kingdom roughly encompassed the territory of modern-day Israel, Lebanon, and the Palestinian territories. It extended from Lebanon in the north to the Sinai Desert in the south, and into modern Jordan and Syria in the east. There were also attempts to expand the kingdom into Fatimid Egypt. Its kings also held a certain amount of authority over the other crusader states: Tripoli, Antioch, and Edessa.

Jerusalem Squire:
A reskin after Bakuel`s Spanish Heavy Swordsman
ANIMATION: Charlemagne Heavy Swordsman

Spoiler :

LINK:
Download

Jerusalem Dismounted Knight:
A reskin after the Templar
ANIMATION: Templar

Spoiler :

LINK:
Download

Jerusalem Knight:
Reskin after the Firaxis Knight
ANIMATION: Knight

Spoiler :

LINK:
Download

Latin Knight
reskin after bakuel unit, its a fully chainmail knight can be used for mostly any european civ or stick to Levant :p
ANIMATIONS: LightCavalry.kfm

Spoiler :

Link:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/latin-knight.25378/

PRINCIPALITY OF ANTIOCH
Spoiler Units :

HISTORY :
The Principality of Antioch, including parts of modern-day Turkey and Syria, was one of the crusader states created during the First Crusade.
The Principality of Antioch was, even at its greatest extent, much smaller than Edessa and Jerusalem. It extended around the northeastern edge of the Mediterranean, bordering on the County of Tripoli to the south, Edessa to the east, and the Byzantine Empire or the Kingdom of Armenia to the northwest, depending on the date.

Outremer Heavy Swordsman:
Reskin after Bakuels Byzantine Maceman.
ANIMATION: Sumerian Vulture

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Outremer Dismounted Knight:
Reskin after Realism Invictus Polish Heavy Infantry.
ANIMATION: Swordsman

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Antioch Dismounted Knight:
Reskin after Templar.
ANIMATION: Templar

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

COUNTY OF TRIPOLI
Spoiler Units :

History :
The County of Tripoli (1109–1289) was the last Crusader state founded in the Levant.
The Crusader state was captured and created by Christian forces in 1109, originally held by Bertrand of Toulouse as a vassal of Baldwin I of Jerusalem. The County of Tripoli later became a substate of the Principality of Antioch in the 13th century.
In the mid-1200s, its leader Bohemond VI, under the influence of his father-in-law Hetoum I of Cilician Armenia, swore vassalage to the Mongol Empire, and contributed troops to the Mongol conquests in the region. In retaliation, the Sultan Qalawun, of the Muslim Mamluks in Cairo, attacked and destroyed both Tripoli and Antioch, absorbing the territories back into the Islamic Empire in the late 1200s. The Fall of Tripoli took place in 1289.

Knights of Tripoli:
A reskin after the Hospitaller Knight
ANIMATION: Charlemagne Heavy Cavalry

Spoiler :

LINK:
Download

Sqiures of Tripoli:
A reskin after Bakuels Byzantine heavy swordsman.
ANIMATION: Charlemagne Heavy Swordsman

Spoiler :

LINK:
Download

COUNTY OF EDESSA
Spoiler Units :

HISTORY :
The County of Edessa was one of the Crusader states in the 12th century, based around Edessa.Unlike the other Crusader states, the County was landlocked; it was remote from the other states and was not on particularly good terms with its closest neighbor, the Principality of Antioch. Half of the county, including its capital, was located east of the Euphrates, far to the east of the others, rendering it particularly vulnerable. The part west of the Euphrates was controlled from the stronghold of Turbessel.

Edessa Knight:
A reskin after Sakhr LightCavalry.
ANIMATION: Charlemagne Light Cavalry

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

HOSPITALLER ORDER
Spoiler Units :

HISTORY:
Motto:"Pro Fide, Pro Utilitate Hominum"
The Hospitallers arose because of the work of a Amalfitan hospital located in the Muristan district of Jerusalem, founded around 1023 to provide care for poor, sick or injured pilgrims to the Holy Land. After the Western Christian conquest of Jerusalem in 1099 during the First Crusade, the organisation became a religious and military order under its own charter, and was charged with the care and defence of the Holy Land.

Hospitaller Cannons:
Reskin after Realism Invictus England axeman.
ANIMATION: Warrior

Spoiler :
Uses Warrior animation.

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

v GO DOWN FOR MORE v

Last edited:
KINGDOM OF ARMENIA
Spoiler Units :

HISTORY :
Located outside of the Armenian Highland and distinct from the Armenian Kingdom of Antiquity, it was centered in the Cilicia region northwest of the Gulf of Alexandretta, in what is today southern Turkey.The kingdom had its origins in the principality founded c. 1080 by the Rubenid dynasty, an alleged offshoot of the larger Bagratid family, which at various times had held the thrones of Armenia and Georgia.

Dismounted Nakharar:
A reskin after Bakuels berberandalusianswordsman.
ANIMATION: Sumerian Vulture

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

AZTEC TRIPLE ALLIANCE
Spoiler Units :

HISTORY :
There were two main objectives in Aztec warfare. The first objective was political: the subjugation of enemy city states (Altepetl) in order to exact tribute and expand Aztec political hegemony. The second objective was religious and socioeconomic: the taking of captives to be sacrificed in religious ceremonies. These dual objectives also influenced the kind of warfare practiced by the Aztecs.

Noble Warrior
A reskin after Bakuels Jaguar Warrior + aztec longbowman head
ANIMATION: Jaguar Warrior

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Priest Warrior
A reskin after Bakuels Jaguar Warrior + aztec longbowman head and shield

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Serpent Warrior
A reskin after Bakuels Jaguar + a beautifull serpent head from C2C

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Cipactli Warrior
A reskin after Bakuels Jaguar + a beautifull serpent head from C2C

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Eagle Warrior
I have no credit on this one at all, it is a simple porting of skin from one model to another all credit goes to History Rewritten, whoever made it and put it there. V2; gave it a different skin i inspired from the web and the claws.
/
Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Coyote Warrior
A reskin after Bakuel Jaguar unit + minor tweaks a coyote gotta have his ears :p.

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Otomi
A reskin after Bakuel jaguar unit + axeman head.
ANIMATION: Jaguar Unit.kfm

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Cuachichque
A reskin after Bakuel axeman unit + minor tweaks.
ANIMATION: DogSoldier.kfm

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Tlacateccatl
A reskin after Bakuel Jaguar unit + the oversized hat xD.

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Keeper of the House of Darts
A reskin after Bakuel Jaguar unit + minor tweaks and blings.

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

TLAXCALA STATE
Spoiler Units :

HISTORY :
Tlaxcala was never conquered by the Aztec empire, but was engaged in a state of perpetual war, the so-called flower wars or garland wars. During the Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire, Tlaxcala allied with the Spaniards against the Aztecs, supplying a large contingent for – and at times the majority of – the Spanish-led army that eventually destroyed the Aztec empire.

Noble Warrior
A reskin after bakuel jaguar +archer head + other tweakys

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Jaguar Warrior
A reskin after bakuel jaguar

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

v MORE DOWN v

Last edited:
Could you please tell me which kfm file I need to use with the Tripoli squire please, since it did not come with one?

EDITING THIS POST AS PHOTO LIMIT REACHED :D

TEMPLAR ORDER
Spoiler Units :

HISTORY:
Motto:"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam"
The Templars' existence was tied closely to the Crusades; when the Holy Land was lost, support for the Order faded. Rumors about the Templars' secret initiation ceremony created mistrust, and King Philip IV of France, deeply in debt to the Order, took advantage of the situation. In 1307, many of the Order's members in France were arrested, tortured into giving false confessions, and then burned at the stake.

Templar Heavy Cavalry:
Reskin after Bakuels Spanish Unarmored Knight.
ANIMATION: Charlemagne Light Cavalry

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

TEUTON ORDER
Spoiler Units :

Teuton Order Hauer:
Reskin after Heavy Spearman.
ANIMATION: Charlemagne Heavy Spearman

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

CALATRAVA ORDER
Spoiler Units :

Calatrava Knight
A reskin after embryodeads crusader + various parts from bakuel
ANIMATION: Charlemagne HeavyCavalry.kfm

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

TEUTON ORDER
Spoiler Units :

Teuton Order Hauer:
Reskin after Heavy Spearman.
ANIMATION: Charlemagne Heavy Spearman

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

SANTIAGO ORDER
Spoiler Units :

Santiago/Generic Knight
A reskin after embryodeads crusader, also it had to be fully white again, but im tired of white knights so i gave him a yellowish feel, so he can be a generic knight from iberia maybe.
ANIMATION: Charlemagne Templar.kfm

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

VIKING TRIBES
Spoiler Units :

HISTORY :
The húskarl were either non-servile manservants, or household troops in personal service of someone, equivalent to a bodyguard to Scandinavian lords and kings. This institution also existed in Anglo-Saxon England after its conquest by the kingdom of Denmark in the 11th century.

Huscarl
A reskin after embryodeads Norman axeman + bakuel novogorod head
ANIMATION: Axeman

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

KAMAKURA SHOGUNATE
Spoiler Units :

Komuso
A reskin + other tweaks.
ANIMATION: Japanese samurai.kfm

Spoiler :

LINK:
DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
3 years oh my... the tombstone is cold on this one: 2 aztec units Noble Warrior and Priest Warrior added to the end of the list. Enjoy if needed xD

Awesome units Castor...really unexpected! Thankyou for making those two new additions!

You did a real good job reskinning them. The Noble Warrior, I remember reading they were high in rank, but not as high as the Eagle or Jaguar, could be mistaken. I've seen the Priest Warrior before, but I don't know the history of that one.

In any case..great work!

Hey Geddon, thank you very much, it is my first head detach + swap, was like woohooo when i saw it worked, then thought the head reskin might not load in civ4 but it seemed to work fine.
Yes you are right about the ranks, this pic from wiki has a note with the ranks of the warriors (wish i could find on the web a translation of the notes inside the page to see the perspective of the writer on the image, but I`m glad about the wiki notes nevertheless :D)
Aztec Warrior Ranks

I dont know much about the priest either, i just know it was "love at first site" saw him and said got to put him in. After i was done i saw he was already made by someone else, was like really :lol::lol: but i learned a bit more while doing him so made peace with it :p.

I think the other warrior priest I saw was another color or something. I know someone made a Civ3 unit ages ago that looked just like yours.

Good stuff. I've read that the Aztecs(Mexica) adopted their system of ranking from earlier civilizations in that region. I know the Toltecs had the Coyote-Eagle-Jaguar rankings, and statues from Teotihuacan show what looks like Eagle Warriors.

Do you have other projects planed or stuff you'd like to do?

Well i kind of want to learn to put a skin on a new mesh so i `ll probably next do a wall maybe teutonic style or inca, since i want both to be honest for my mod.

Hey happy new year! they are fighting some jarldom of oppland huscarl i actually have a unit to release for that but i cant seem to attach gloss effect yet to it and without, they would look unfinished. The ones in the picture are a reskin of the one around the forums. i hope in the next few days i ll find my answer to release the huscarl im working on with gloss.

EDIT:
Ah i tried a lot of editing and tutorials i probably am missing something oh well released them as they are, the huscarl that is.

Thank you Geddon will do its job as a place holder. I would say something around the viking late age due to its chainmail armor and helmet. Maybe even later during the christianization period ( IX - XI century) that would be my guess, the reference here was a pic from a game if i remember right, so i am not entirely sure of its historical accuracy although it is not that far away from it either the helmet and chainmail have been found in viking sites, i think even the game wiki stated smth like it is pretty accurate but I have no ideea about that.
I needed actually something more of a fancy warrior for the Jomsvikingr, but then i saw it could have other uses :p

I could use some help as to how do I reupload the old units with the new ones? before you could upload your file and it would overwrite your old one now i dont undestand the update thing, can someone explain?

EDIT: added some new units still working on these new ways to link things :p
EDIT2: the reworked units that i`ll reupload will be: Jer Squire, Knight, Dism Knight, Tripoli Squire, Nakharar, Templar Cavalry, Order Hauer, Outre Dism Knight, Antch Dism Knight. That is when i`ll figure out how xD

Last edited:
Hello, hello added two more new units: Eagle Warrior( this one is just a skin port from History Rewritten where it was on a aztec pikeman to the jaguar body by Bakuel, also i snatched the head since it fitted much better xD) and a Coyote Warrior, gotta love a war loving civ. Also all of the mentioned units in previous post are up and running forgot to mention that back then.

EDIT: Added 1 more unit Aztec Tlacochcalcatl.

Last edited:
Thanks! Hope someday they`ll fit peoples needs.

Top Bottom