My thoughts and ideas.

Commander Cody

Chieftain
1. Be able to pay a huge sum of gold to lift a boycott of a good you want to be able to trade. In other words if you hold a cloth party and can now nolonger trade it with Europe, perhaps for a fee of say 4000 Gold you can then trade it again. It was a feature in Col 1. Perhaps something to consider.

2. I might have mentioned this before. But I think it should be somewhat possible to transform a settlement into a colony. Something that takes up more land space, so that is can become bigger, however it costs a lot and takes a long time to set up. Now people might object and say that you should not be able to have a huge settlement. But then again historically the small new england colonies had a high concentration of population in a small area. Or perhaps only an inland settlement can be transformed into a colony or something.

3. When you build a settlement, it should not automatically clear the forest from the spot in which it was built. That way the settlement square can produce furs, as was the case in Col 1. If you wanted to change it, you had to clear the forest from the settlement square.

4. More diplomatic options with the King. For example, you should be able to ask for your taxes to be decreased. Historically with the English Colonies, the taxes would flux. Meaning that at one time the colonies would be taxed, but then for a period following that they would not be. Perhaps one should be able to strike a deal with the King for example, attack the French in the new world, and you get a reduction of 5% in your taxes, plus 2 Vetern Soldiers. Things like that, so that it is not so one-sided.

Top Bottom