N3S I: Empires Ablaze

Insane_Panda said:
Note that the Scythians would have nothing practical to gain in a war with Athens :p
That's what you think...

To: Umbria

That is acceptable. We agree.

Assyria still here:

*secret from hittites*
To: Armenia

We shall send you aid immediately. Those rebellious bastards will be crushed!
*end of secret*

Oh, by the way, orders on Monday night would be very nice. So nice that in fact I am going to require them.

Since I didn't get to use it in IsrNES, and Illyria looks to be barbarian...

Kingdom of Illyria (Rhizon)
Player: King Gentius/LittleBoots
Economy: 1
Size: 1
Military: 1,000 men (Terrible (1)), 10 ships (Terrible (1)), Upkeep: 0
Education: Terrible (0)
Infrastructure: Terrible (0)
Quality of Life: Terrible (0)
Technology: (I will fill this out, depending on conditions in your nation)
Government: Tribal Council with a marginally effective King
Religion: God of War (Medauras) worship, with Greek Polytheistic influence/minorities
Culture: (I will fill this out. Not you. But you can write stories about it, to tell me what your culture is like.)
Projects: None yet.

Brief Overview: Illyria is a region of vaguely united tribes owing a faint loyalty to a marginal king who rules more through his assembly of chiefs than personal mandate. Agriculture, cattle and horse herding, and copper and later iron mining (along with a healthy pirate industry) and the trading of the aforementioned productsforms the basis of the Illyrian economy. The largest and most important city, the port of Rhizon is the home city of the Kings of Illyria, the refuge of pirates, and the central trading zone of the Illyrian people. The mounted lance wielding god Medauras is the protector of the city, although nearby Greek polytheism has its own influence and followers among the tribes.

So basically I don't have too much control over the region of Illyria, but Rhizon, the port capitol is my stronghold where the King has much greater influence.

Yay, new player. :)

Thank you for joining. Will put you in my stats and map right now; do you have a color preference?

Deep red to purple for some bizarre reason. But if thats not doable, I don't really care. More of an impulse. Probably associated it with Illyrians from some Civ Mod :p. Orders forthcoming, I'm actually going to think about them this time, I have a bad tendency of jumping into first turn orders. ;)

To the Consulate of Hellenes
From King Gentius of Rhizon

The merchants of Rhizon have petitioned me for intervention. They desire trade with the civilized Hellenic peoples, as well as mutual encouragment and protection of our interests. In addition, we consider a Treaty of Friendship the first step in a closer relationship between Illyria and the Greek peoples, one which will bring much prosperity to our peoples.

To King Gentius of Illyria
from King Cotyx VI of Dacia
Let our respective people grow stronge together, and join in a formal alliance.

justokre said:
To King Gentius of Illyria
from King Cotyx VI of Dacia
Let our respective people grow stronge together, and join in a formal alliance.

Very sorry, but you don't have contact with Illyria. Too many barbarians in the way. :(

EDIT: Right, nevermind. (See NK Above)

Orders sent.

After the war is over, Panda and I should both post our orders. I'm curious...

How would people feel about me introducing the three city system (just to be trendy. ;))? I would naturally "NKify" it a bit, though in some cases there's no need, since I did come up with the original basis of eco centers. ;)

To the various cities that have popped up around Chavin
From Hapulea, Emperor of the Chavin

Time never bothers to stay still as the world continues to go on. Dangers lurk around every corner and friendship is greatly undervalued. Do you see the might that we possess? Do you see the prosperity that dwells within our domain? The wealth, strenght, and power that is Chavin?

We offer to bring you into our fold with open arms. Join with us and Lanzon will smile down up us all- rather than just down on Chavin. Willingly join with us and I will allow you to continue the rule of your respective cities as a governor of mine. Refuse and ........well, for your sake, we hope you wont.

North King said:
How would people feel about me introducing the three city system (just to be trendy. ;))? I would naturally "NKify" it a bit, though in some cases there's no need, since I did come up with the original basis of eco centers. ;)
I would like that... :mischief:

~Darkening~ said:
To the various cities that have popped up around Chavin
From Hapulea, Emperor of the Chavin

Time never bothers to stay still as the world continues to go on. Dangers lurk around every corner and friendship is greatly undervalued. Do you see the might that we possess? Do you see the prosperity that dwells within our domain? The wealth, strenght, and power that is Chavin?

We offer to bring you into our fold with open arms. Join with us and Lanzon will smile down up us all- rather than just down on Chavin. Willingly join with us and I will allow you to continue the rule of your respective cities as a governor of mine. Refuse and ........well, for your sake, we hope you wont.

Most of the cities say no. Or at least, your advisors assume that, as the lopped off heads of the ambassadors is rarely interpereted as an affirmitive response in these parts.

Top Bottom