Naeralith Reborn: MODMOD Design and Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzara

Emperor
Hey guys

Welcome to my modmod thread. This is still in the design phase at the moment and will be undergoing a lot of updates (especially to the first and second post). Although the world design is something I have written about for a long time, I have drawn a lot of inspiration from FfH and Rise of Mankind for the technical design of the mod. Thanks to the creators of both of those beautiful civilisation mods!

I have completely re-done this first post. Most of the lore + tech tree are contained in files. Random bits are left in this post that are still being designed. Please feel free to post any ideas you might have :)

Link to a commission of Alzara done for me a while ago (he's so cool!) : http://njoo.deviantart.com/art/Alzara-86217737

WARNING: CERTAIN LEADER DESCRIPTIONS ARE UNSUITABLE FOR YOUNGER READERS OR THE FEINT OF HEART (Any warnings on leaders are detailed below)

SMALL UPDATES (24-05-2009): Added a brief description on a new civ. Also added the team list seeing as this mod is beginning to slowly take shape. I have delayed screenies for now. Myself and Psychic_Llamas have nearly finished resources. A few touch ups are needed and Llamas is snowed under atm. Hopefully there should be some nice piccies of the new resources for you soon :)

UPDATES (31-05-2009): Added some screenies of a selection of resources new to Naeralith Reborn (with and without labels). The first file contains Hemp, Coffee, Coal, Fraeyalillies and Lemons. The second contains Maussberries, Salt, Starmetal, Sulphur and Tobacco (Tobacco is still a bit of a WOP) :) Hope you enjoy... just a bit of proof that things are happenning :D

UPDATES (02-06-2009): As requested I have linked all of the proposed leader art so far. Alzara and Shaelana are linked as I own these drawings. Also I have attached a sketch of Naeralith's landmass :) I have SERIOUS trouble finding male leader art that I actually like so please feel free to pitch in and help me there :)

Brief Background:
Spoiler :

Brief Civilisation List (Under Construction: Still adding leaders, WARNINGS on each individual leader contained in here):
Spoiler :

Magic (Under construction: Only elemental magic here so far)
Spoiler :

Magic

Different forms of magic will become available to arcane units as the game progresses. For example a given tech will enable fire magic, which can be gifted to any arcane units you possess (up to their power level). The exception is the shaman route (the earliest arcane unit that upgrades to specific casters). The shaman will automatically start with nature 1, and will not be able to receive other magical promotions. Nature will be unavailable to other arcane units unless the civ has constructed Makhala's circle.
Also, different combinations of magic (metamagic) allow for more diverse and powerful spells.

Nature 1 - Undergrowth Passage
Nature 2 - Entangle
Nature 3 - Bloom

Earth 1 - Boulder
Earth 2 - Stoneskin
Earth 3 - Earthquake

Air 1 - Fair Winds
Air 2 - Lightning
Air 3 - Flight

Fire 1 - Blaze (starts forest fires)
Fire 2 - Fireball
Fire 3 - Inferno

Water 1 - Rejuvinate (blasted lands)
Water 2 - Water Walking
Water 3 - Tsunami

Fire 3 / Earth 1 - Meteor Swarm
Fire 1 / Earth 3 - Lava Flow (creates lava tile which fades to blasted lands)
Fire 3 / Earth 3 - Volcano (creates volcano with surrounding lava tiles - these fade to blasted lands)

Fire 3 / Air 1 - Scorch (grasslands to plains forest fires)
Fire 1 / Air 3 - Blazing speed
Fire 3 / Air 3 - Wave of Fire

Air 3 / Water 1 - Tornado
Air 1 / Water 3 - Whirlpool
Air 3 / Water 3 - Tempest

Earth 3 / Water 1 - Saturate (creates marshland on a grasslands tile)
Earth 1 / Water 3 - Flood (creates floodplains on a desert river tile)
Earth 3 / Water 3 - Sink (sinks a flatland tile to water)

Excellent, I'm excited to watch the progress, and hopefully play it! :)

I just read the civilizations list - looks fun!

Have an idea for assassin unique unit for the evil civ (can't remember the name). Abysswalker (taking my name suggestion for shadow knights at Orbis.) From looking at the lore, that civ would do anything, including assassination.

Looks pretty cool. Also quite interesting how the first piece of plot in your story is that you are a dead deamon lord.

Haha yeah... Alzara is a Daemon Lord I've written about for a while. Take a look at the pic through this link: http://njoo.deviantart.com/art/Alzara-86217737

A guy called Andrew drew him for me. It's awesome methinks :)

Have an idea for assassin unique unit for the evil civ (can't remember the name). Abysswalker (taking my name suggestion for shadow knights at Orbis.) From looking at the lore, that civ would do anything, including assassination.

Interesting... I've already been thinking about UUs for the Scarthians. They are the civilisation I've actually developed the most! When I've designed the tech tree a little more then I'll start considering unique units and buildings.

More to come soon. Tomorrow most likely :)

Al

A totally new and fresh concept. I especially like the idea of the slower pace of tech development. Best wishes.

A totally new and fresh concept. I especially like the idea of the slower pace of tech development. Best wishes.

Hehe ty :)

The tech development will be narrow but simple in the primordial era, then branch out a lot after this era, keeping options open, but allowing for a more survival focussed early era! :)

Al

UPDATES:

OK the brief background and civilisation list are now complete. That makes 15 civilisations so far. I could ideally do with another 3-5. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any :)

Also a pic to Alzara is linked at the top for anyone who is interested ;)

Al

Extending what I said before about thinking on your idea...

I already have a UU idea for Scarthia's assassins. They will be "Vampires", but not in the sense you think. Vampires in my world are individuals stuck between life and death. Only powerful Daemons can bestow this state upon people. Once transformed the person's body (or Visage as it is now referred to), is lost but regainable. The person becomes a spirit that feeds off souls and is able to manifest with sufficient strength. Their visage is completely human, but if destroyed, they simply shunt back into the spirit world to regain strength :)

Ur abysswalker suggestion could work for my other evil civ (at the bottom of the civ list). I will have to read about them first :)

Al

Extending what I said before about thinking on your idea...

I already have a UU idea for Scarthia's assassins. They will be "Vampires", but not in the sense you think. Vampires in my world are individuals stuck between life and death. Only powerful Daemons can bestow this state upon people. Once transformed the person's body (or Visage as it is now referred to), is lost but regainable. The person becomes a spirit that feeds off souls and is able to manifest with sufficient strength. Their visage is completely human, but if destroyed, they simply shunt back into the spirit world to regain strength :)

Ur abysswalker suggestion could work for my other evil civ (at the bottom of the civ list). I will have to read about them first :)

Al

Sure Alzara, whatever you want :).

Expanding on my idea of UU:

Agrysia: unique archmage: Arcana Lord

Szel'raa: unique archmage: Soul taker

Fae: unique champion/assassin: Swordsinger

Gebashi HIghlanders: Shamans, duh

Parithia: Traders who can conduct trade missions with other nations

I will stop blabbering now, maybe I should have said this when this mod is actually posted, but I think I will blabber anyways:mischief:

Tunive -> Mongols of the Genghis Khan later era?

It would interesting to see the Crysillia modeled after the Teutonic Knights.

Sure Alzara, whatever you want :).

Expanding on my idea of UU:

Agrysia: unique archmage: Arcana Lord

Szel'raa: unique archmage: Soul taker

Fae: unique champion/assassin: Swordsinger

Gebashi HIghlanders: Shamans, duh

Parithia: Traders who can conduct trade missions with other nations

I will stop blabbering now, maybe I should have said this when this mod is actually posted, but I think I will blabber anyways:mischief:

The Arcana Lord and Soul Takers are kinda what I had in mind for these guys :)

The shaman unit is a tier 3 unit already... maybe I should call it a witchdoctor and give the Gebashi Highlanders a UU called a Shaman... or the other way round?

Like the idea of traders for Parthia... kinda like mini great merchants :D

Tunive -> Mongols of the Genghis Khan later era?

It would interesting to see the Crysillia modeled after the Teutonic Knights.

Yeah Tunive is kinda modelled on the Mongolian Empire hehe. I love Ghengis... he's so cool :)

Crysillia are kinda Teutonic Knight-esque... only not so mount-oriented :)

More updates coming soon to the tech tree (tonight or tomorrow night hopefully) :)

Al

Minor annoying setback!

My BtS disk has stopped working, so I'm gonna have to hold off coding and tech tree development till I can buy a new copy at the weekend!

In the mean time, updates will include some new civs that myself and my friend have been working on plus some lore!

Feel free to contribute any feelings or ideas :)

Al

UPDATES

More lore updates. Added descriptions of Shaelana, Darius and Lyla to the second post. That makes all of the leaders for Scarthia and Britinius :)

Enjoy :D

Al

WOOT! My new BtS DVD arrived today. I can start designing again :D

Won't be doing anything tonight though... drinkies to drink :p

Updates tomorrow or Sunday. Stick around ;)

Al

UPDATES

Added magic for early casting techs. This includes the following spheres:

Nature
Earth
Air
Fire
Water

Still to come are

Spirit
Life
Necromancy
Summoning

Also updated the mysticism tech. Any magic suggestions would be cool :)

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom