Napoleonic War Scenario Development Thread

Procifica

ACW Scenario Creator
I know I'm currently working on ACW2, but I also would like to start this scenario soon, as a side project.

I don't have much information as of yet with regard to which countries will be in, size of map, etc. I do know though that I'm planning on it starting in approximately the year 1803 or so, when there is limited peace in Europe.

It will have a tile-by-tile map of Europe, similar to those used in ACW/ACW2. This ensures the utmost in accuracy.

The map will probably expand from just west of Portugal, to the Volga River in Russia, and from northern Scandanavia to North Africa.

I want to stress, that this is my second project at the moment, and most of my time will be fixed on ACW2 until its completed. But I would like to start gathering some information regarding this time period.

I had contemplated this scenario once before, but ACW absorbed most of my time.

Any useful information which can be used for this project would be appreciated.

More information will be posted as work is started.

Is LouLong still working on it? I noticed the thread totally died in early November, right after Conquests was released.

its kinda because conqouests has a napoleanic scenario in it- or at least, thats what I would think is the cause why they stopped, because of the a;ready made scenario...

I think we've all figured out that those at Civ3 aren't the best historians around. :) There's certainly room for improvement I'm sure.

Procifica,

Sounds very interesting!

Check out a personal message on the subject.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

why dont you use the map from SOE

it has America in it so you could add them as a wildcard

Don't want to include America, its significance in the Napoleonic Wars is slight, and it will VASTLY increase the size of the map.

I want the map to include as much detail as ACW's map.

With that said, it will be most likely a 240 X 240 map, stretching from 15 West Longitude (just off the coasts of Ireland and Portugal) to 45 East Longitude (western Trans-Caucasia region, Volga River area); and from 26 North Latitude (central Egypt) to 62 North Latitude (central Scandanavia). This area will be 50% larger than the area used for ACW/ACW2, so its relative scale will be similar to ACW.

understood :thumbsup:

do you have a map of this entire area?

prefer a lnk

I don't have a "historical map" of this area yet, no. I just used http://mappoint.msn.com like I've been using for ACW2, to see what area I wanted.

The key to my maps, is I use the grid system, and each grid square represents a specific longitude/latitude coordinate (not exact, but a rough area around said coordinate).

Basically it'll be Europe (including European Russia, and excluding the extreme northern part of Europe), extreme northern Africa, and the northern half of the modern-day Middle East.

LouLong is very busy these days, though afaik he hasn't given up on the project:)

Clarification:

I have no intention to take part in
this project by Procifica.

Rocoteh

Yoda is right. I am just busy doing some units and maps and have been real busy and worried in RL (it should be much better now). I am a bit sad the project did not go on for a while without me, though.

As you can see I have done some units already, statusperfect has done two too and I should release some more. Not top quality but useful I guess. You can use them freely.

Edit : wrong quote post erased. Did not check since I thought Yoda's was the last post.

Sigh, I'm not sure what to do anymore.

This proposed scenario has indirectly alienated Rocoteh from me (long story, not going into details here), and I've decided not to pursue it for the time being.

Work right now will continue on ACW2.

Top Bottom