NBA 2012/13 thread

Hey, I'll root for the Nets if/when I want to. I'm practically in the shadow of the Barclays Center

I'm mad at the Nets for stealing SA's color scheme. YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE MY IRE

so you will simply shift allegiances, just like that ? if that's the case, you would be a yankees fan by now, right ??

Thankfully I've always been a Yankees fan.

Growing up, basketball was 4th on my sports priority list, though I did get somewhat excited in 99 when we lost to San Antonio in the finals.

I will have no allegiance to a Dolan-owned franchise. He's as despisable an owner as there is in professional sports, this side of Donald Sterling.

I'm mad at the Nets for stealing SA's color scheme. YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE MY IRE

They should have also stolen the Kings' nickname, and forced them to change, Brooklyn being Kings county, and "Nets" being the lamest knickname ever.

Complain about your owner to Sonics fans and Marlins fans.

The Marlins are a small market team with 2 championships in the last 15 years. They've done great.

The franchise formerly known as the Sonics is looking phenomenal right now. Just sucks to be in Seattle :p

Rest your starters, still almost beat the defending champions. Stern can suck it.

The Mavs have problems at PG. They are signing Derrick Fisher just so they can have a starter that can make basic passes.

Rest your starters, still almost beat the defending champions. Stern can suck it.

Considering they played four games in five days, I can see why he would want to give them rest. That is bad scheduling. I am not a big Spurs fan for obvious reason, but that is terrible.

Coach Pop is awesome. Stern is just mad that not everyone agrees with his star showmanship driven league.

I think Stern's retirement is long overdue. Since when does the NBA determine which players play in a game? I though that's why the teams employ coaches?

I don't follow the NBA much, but this seems rather ridiculous. Sure, they probably could've done it so not all four were off the same night. But really, shouldn't it be between the players and their teams (who presumably know them best) to decide when they are off? If the coach thought the four of them needed a night off amongst four games in five nights, and thought they had a better chance of winning most of the games with all of them off one game than one off each of the four, it makes sense.

True, the Miami fans might have been slightly disappointed, but these things happen in sports. The player you were hoping to see gets traded earlier that day, or tears a hamstring during practice, or catches the flu (that can sometimes affect several players on a team at once). But on the scheme of things that are damaging to sports, this is small potatoes indeed. An overstep of authority in my opinion.

I love it. And it's much better than the NBA2K create-a-team wannabe Thunder.

Why don't Utah and New Orleans just swap nicknames?:

Why don't Utah and New Orleans just swap nicknames?:
This is the best solution for everybody, which means that it's never going to happen.

Top Bottom