NBA Offseason/Labormagedon thread

downtown

Crafternoon Delight
Well, now that the dust has settled and the Mavs have been crowned champs, lets talk about the offseason, and the big labor changes ahead.

What does your team need to improve on this offseason? Who are they looking at in the draft? What possible trades make sense?

Are we going to have a season next year? What changes need to be made in the CBA? What do you think will happen?

THOUGHTS?!?

Two words: hard. cap.

What does your team need to improve on this offseason?

Oldness, athleticism.

Who are they looking at in the draft? What possible trades make sense?

Don't know, probably someone foreign. As for trades...Parker should go if RC thinks his value is higher now than it would be halfway through next season. Jefferson should go, but his contract is a little discouraging. Neal might be a trade piece since I doubt he'll ever have more value than now. Basically, everyone but Duncan should be on the block.

Are we going to have a season next year?

I think the chances of a FULL season are remote. I think there is a better than 50/50 chance of a shortened season. Don't care, Spurs will be irrelevant either way.

What changes need to be made in the CBA?

Hard cap. Small markets need it bad.

What do you think will happen?

:dunno:

I need to read more 48 Minutes of Hell I think.

I think the chances of a FULL season are remote. I think there is a better than 50/50 chance of a shortened season. Don't care, Spurs will be irrelevant either way.
I don't think the Spurs will go away that quickly.

Don't know, probably someone foreign. As for trades...Parker should go if RC thinks his value is higher now than it would be halfway through next season. Jefferson should go, but his contract is a little discouraging. Neal might be a trade piece since I doubt he'll ever have more value than now. Basically, everyone but Duncan should be on the block.

Yeah, they should be an interesting team to track. Their entire backcourt should be on the block...Parker would look good for the Knicks, and I can see a market for Hill or Neal. They need to get more athletic quickly.
Clone Chris Bosh and trade 2 Chris Boshes for 1 Dwight Howard.
In all seriousness, I know the Heat are looking at Dalembert, but depending on the new CBA, they might be in complete salary cap hell. They def wont be the high bidder for him.

What does your team need to improve on this offseason? Who are they looking at in the draft? What possible trades make sense?

Golden State Warriors

Defense, Defense, Defense. Hearing rumors about Steph Curry or Ellis to the Lakers for Lamar Odom or Andrew Bynum. Could work out. Maybe Dwight Howard decides to come to the Bay

And since I'll be living there...

New York Knicks

Chris Paul, Chris Paul, Chris Paul. Also, fire the head coach

Are we going to have a season next year?

Hoping so.

What changes need to be made in the CBA?

Echoing Azale's comment completely

What do you think will happen?

Warriors make 7th or 8th seed, make it to second round and is eliminated there.

Knicks make it to the Eastern Semi Finals, eliminated by Miami, Chicago, maybe Atlanta?

THOUGHTS?!?

Pushing for a Knicks-Warriors series. Actually, I'll be close enough to Boston or Philly too...Celtics-Warriors a possibility? :p

Thunder-Magic would be fun to watch

The league desperatly needs the amnesty clause. Especially my broken Blazers. And the Magic.

Well, now that the dust has settled and the Mavs have been crowned champs, lets talk about the offseason, and the big labor changes ahead.

Are we going to have a season next year? What changes need to be made in the CBA? What do you think will happen?

THOUGHTS?!?

The Cavs need to improve their talent this offseason. That will start with the drafting of Kyrie Irving and either of Derrick Williams or Enes Kanter. A lot of trades make sense, as long as they turn the TPE into another draft pick either this year or next.

We will have a season next year, the players will cave under pressure like LeBron James. There needs to be a hard cap or something close to it and almost certainly will happen. In addition, no more guaranteed contracts.

I don't think the Spurs will go away that quickly.

I doubt they are anything higher than a 5 seed. Hell, depending on how things go, Duncan could retire this offseason and the whole thing gets blown up.

The draft next year is supposed to be pretty stacked :p

The Cavs need to improve their talent this offseason. That will start with the drafting of Kyrie Irving and either of Derrick Williams or Enes Kanter. A lot of trades make sense, as long as they turn the TPE into another draft pick either this year or next.

We will have a season next year, the players will cave under pressure like LeBron James. There needs to be a hard cap or something close to it and almost certainly will happen. In addition, no more guaranteed contracts.

What do you think about rumors of trading the 4th pick? The only two players I really like in this draft are Irving and Williams. There is a pretty good chance Williams and Kanter are gone by pick 4, and then what? Another Euro Project to stash away for 2 years before they come to states and average 6 and 4? Whoopie.

I like the Warriors efforts to trade for Andre Igodola. He is EXACTLY what that team needs.

What do you think about rumors of trading the 4th pick? The only two players I really like in this draft are Irving and Williams. There is a pretty good chance Williams and Kanter are gone by pick 4, and then what? Another Euro Project to stash away for 2 years before they come to states and average 6 and 4? Whoopie.

I like the Warriors efforts to trade for Andre Igodola. He is EXACTLY what that team needs.

If we trade up to get the 2nd pick and Derrick Williams, we better be moving JJ Hickson. But overall, I'm split on Williams. I think he'll be a good player in the NBA, but he's a player without a position. He's only 6-7.25 (without shoes, the same as LeBron James and 0.25 bigger than Michael Beasley), and weighs 250 (that'd be one of the heaviest small forwards ever drafted, even heavier than LeBron James, only Rodney Rogers at 260 would be heavier). Beasley pulled down a lot more rebounds in college (12rpg vs Williams' 8rpg) and Beasley has only managed 5 in the NBA (while not respectable for a small forward, that would be terrible for a power forward) so it doesn't bode well that Williams can play the PF position in the NBA. To give some recent comparison to other highly touted players at the PF spot that are close to him in both height and weight coming out of college: Shelden Williams (6-7.5, 260), Danny Fortson (6-7.25, 257), and Mike Sweetney (6-7.25 and 262). So if we plan on playing in at PF, I want no part of any trade. If it's at the Small Forward spot, he better drop about 15 pounds or he'll be struggling defensively.

Enes Kanter on the other hand is much harder to analyze due to lack of game tape on him. But like most of the Euro's, he's a gamble that could pay off big, or completely bust.

He looks like a lean 250 IMO. No way he weighs more than LeBron.

At the combine he measured in at 10.8% body fat and 248 lbs. LeBron came in at around 5.8% body fat and 245 lbs (It would be fair to note that LeBron has probably moved closer to 250 at this point in his career). But the point remains, 10.8% body fat isn't lean for a NBA small forward at 250 lbs.

My team needs the dolan family to either go broke and be forced to sell the team or to just disappear.
If that doesnt happen i would say get rid of d'antoni. A 34 year old point guard and stats knees don't mix well with his offense and with stat and melo they will get buckets regardless of the offense they run. I can dream that the mid level exception sticks around and they can pull off bringing wilson chandler back.
Jeffries, mason and shelden williams will get dumped. I wouldnt mind bringing back shawne williams. Carter coming off the bench with a new 1 year deal wouldn't be bad.
Balkman brown and rautins should get moved somewhere too.

I think the majority if not all of the season will be played. there is far too much money to be lost. After the last Nhl lockout i dont think anyone wants to risk the loss in tv deals and casual viewership.

That avatar does not match up with being a Knicks fan. :lol:

Wahyah fans have now been promised a 2012 season playoff berth. Hopefully the season actually happens to we can see it pan out.

Top Bottom