NBA playoffs 2019

This thread is for people who want to discuss the NBA playoffs 2019.

Considering my MLB thread has all of 4 posts, I don't have high hopes for this one.

Screw the playoffs, bring on the draft. :lol: Go Bulls. If you can't snag #1, #2 is just FINE. Poppa needs a real point guard.

Screw the playoffs, bring on the draft. :lol: Go Bulls. If you can't snag #1, #2 is just FINE. Poppa needs a real point guard.
Hello mediocrity. :lol: :lol: At least the Knicks didn't get #1.

And will Portland continue to defend Steph Curry by leaving him wide open?

I can't even imagine how emotional the Raptors are (and their fanbase). They barely advanced past the semi-finals of their own conference, followed by beating the favorites to not only win their conference but possibly the NBA championship. No one would have anticipated this. What a Cinderella story.

On the other hand Toronto FC and the Argonauts won in 2017

I think it's going to be a good series. Toronto has a tough defensive minded team and a bona-fide superstar. It will probably go 6 or 7 games but I got to give the Warriors the edge (sorry Canada)

Last edited:
Also if the Raptors win, that will mean the Leafs are the least successful member of their own ownership group post 1967

I think it will be a lot harder for the Raptors to win if a (healthy) Durant comes back at some point during the series.

I'm pretty much being the barer of bad news (from the perspective of a Raptors fan), but if Golden State can beat them when

1) they're playing in Toronto
2) Kevin Durant wasn't there (and even Stephen Curry was widely speculated to be playing while injured)

then that is really not a good sign for the rest of the series. Kevin Durant has already been cleared for practice again and they said he might even be ready for game 3. Obviously, anything can happen but from the looks of it, this wasn't really a game the Raptors could afford to lose.

Yeah, the talking heads this morning were all saying that this loss will probably cost them Kawhi Leonard. I know they have to talk about something, but they're probably right.

Top Bottom