Need help with new promotion effect

sorry for the delay, pet emergency.

Okay tweaked it to getStackRandomApplyChance() != 100), the same chance i put in the xml. That's what was missing right?
Trying it out now....

another error. It's telling me:

failed to find sibling
Current XML file is: xml\text\civ4gametext_ffh2.xml

What's causing this? I did create a TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_STACK_RANDOM_APPLY in both gametext_ffh2 and gametext_modcomp (just in case) and there isn't a typo. Must be referencing another change we made, but I forget when this eroor started, because I had it a few days ago.
Pet emergency among other things really threw me off, and it doesn't helpp that I'm losing my memory. :lol: :cringe:

Aye, as The_J says, sounds like you have a tag which isn't closed properly in your gametext xml there. Huge file, bit of a pain to open in most editors. You should consider making a new text file to hold your work in, easier to open and quicker to search for errors :) (You can have as many text files as you want in the XML/Text folder, just call it CIV4GameText_*.xml, replacing * with anything you wish).

Sorry I've been so AFK at this, a lot of BS has come up involving college and tuition, and why financial aid isn't helping me, etc.

Now I have to try to remember where I left off, and pick up from there. Hope your still ocasionally checking this thread xienwolf, though if you've left because i've been gone for so long, i understand. Hopefully i can necro this so that my idea can see fruition.
I'll start triple-checking for typos, more than likely i missed something on the initial check.

Top Bottom