Need testers for new editor

If only firaxis was so quick to fix ANYTHING in their software... :)

Oh well, you may want to fix the link as it gives 404 to me now

I just figured out that sorting the units by tech in the "Compare" window would be nice... I have a lot of planes sorted by tech=decade (1950s, 60s etc). When I need to adjust the stats, I miss that "sort by tech" feature.

By name. I'd suggest sth like:

ERA 1 --- Tech A
\--- Tech B
\---Tech C
ERA 2 --- Tech A
\--- Tech B
\---Tech C

A possible List could look like this:

Bronze Working
Iron Working (era 1)
...etc
(era 2 A-Z)
(era 3 A-Z)
Advanced Computers
Supersonic Flight (era 4)

Would that be possible? Otherwise, sort by name would be just fine, if you don't want to get ambitious and make both options available. ;)

Well, in my mod I have put the techs organized by era and period, and then alphabetically. Easy to do as my editor allows reordering techs.

So I have for instance

EARLY BRONZE AGE
Agriculture
Domestication
LATE BRONZE AGE
Alphabet
Aristocracy

Each PRTO is linked to the tech by an index (first tech = 0, second tech = 1, no tech = -1).

Sorting the unit according to the index of the tech is relatively easy, as it means just sorting the unit according to a numeric value, which is included in the unit itself.

If I want to sort by the name of the Tech, I need first to get the tech from the index, and then sort, it's a bit longer.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do, it could indeed be useful.

In the meantime, you could also use the filter to show only the units from a specific era, so you have less units to handle (and also list only the planes, to make it even smaller)

Thanks, I like that. Looks much better now :)

Spoiler :

You're fast! Btw, what do B, Z, A etc. mean?

Attachments

• charts.gif
    charts.gif
    56.5 KB · Views: 196
Steph, have a question about the tech section.

Is it possible to move a tech from the initial order in the biq to a different position without deleting, then readding? (Not talking about sorting by filter, etc).

Here's why.

Let's say the tech blurbs were accidentally added to without realizing that the order the blurbs are in must be the same order as the techs for them to work properly.

To fix the problem, either the tech blurbs have to be reworked or it could be fixed by moving the tech. So, is it possible to incorporate a way to move the tech without going through the delete/add process?

Thanks for your answer! :)

howdy steph,

i'm using v0.7.7 of your editor and i want to filter units by the "ignore terrain cost" flags. it doesn't seem to BE there in your unit filter dialog.

am i just missing it ... or looking in the wrong place or using the wrong function?

take care,
lee

Is it possible to move a tech from the initial order in the biq to a different position without deleting, then readding? (Not talking about sorting by filter, etc).
I can move techs, units, buildings, goods, governments, etc.
Let say you have tech 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and you would like to have 1, 4, 5, 2, 3 instead.

First, right click in the list on the tech that will be the target (tech will be moved after this one), here the 1. Select "set tech as insertion point" in the menu.
Then, select the tech you want to move (here 4 and 5). They don't need to be continuous, use CTRL or SHIFT for multiselection.
Then, right click in the list (on one of the selected tech), and select "Move after insertion point".

Tech will be reordered, and everything updated.

Let's say the tech blurbs were accidentally added to without realizing that the order the blurbs are in must be the same order as the techs for them to work properly.
What is a tech blurbs?

Lee_Dailey said:
i'm using v0.7.7 of your editor and i want to filter units by the "ignore terrain cost" flags. it doesn't seem to BE there in your unit filter dialog.

am i just missing it ... or looking in the wrong place or using the wrong function?
I didn't include this option in the filter.

I may, but it means increasing the size of the windows, it's full.

So after than I don't want to hear a complaint from the guys who try to run it on a 14" screen in 640x480 with Windows 3.11

I can move techs, units, buildings, goods, governments, etc.
Let say you have tech 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and you would like to have 1, 4, 5, 2, 3 instead.

First, right click in the list on the tech that will be the target (tech will be moved after this one), here the 1. Select "set tech as insertion point" in the menu.
Then, select the tech you want to move (here 4 and 5). They don't need to be continuous, use CTRL or SHIFT for multiselection.
Then, right click in the list (on one of the selected tech), and select "Move after insertion point".

Tech will be reordered, and everything updated.

Whee! Thank you, dude! :goodjob:

What is a tech blurbs?

The text that appears under the advisor's face when you mouseover a tech. :)

(Blurb = piece of text).

I may, but it means increasing the size of the windows, it's full.

So after than I don't want to hear a complaint from the guys who try to run it on a 14" screen in 640x480 with Windows 3.11

howdy steph,

the win311 comment is a giggle! [*grin*]

however, according to my measurements, the main window for v077 is 1024x763 and the units filter dialog is 1024x619. that otta leave a bit of room for more stuff [says the non-programmer].

seriously, it looks like you could expand the dialog another 80 to 100 pixels and then lower the two "show units which ..." areas enuf to allow putting the terrain types list under the "move" list.

it would be very handy for me while i'm trying to clean up the extraneous "sea" check marks mentioned here ...
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=331718

yes, i am somewhat obsessive ... [*sigh ...*]

take care,
lee

To clean the sea check mark, you can also select all the units, and then click on sea in the ignore terrain cost. It will remove it at once for all the selected units. Then you can just add it again to the few units that would really use it, I don't think there should be that many.

To clean the sea check mark, you can also select all the units, and then click on sea in the ignore terrain cost. It will remove it at once for all the selected units. Then you can just add it again to the few units that would really use it, I don't think there should be that many.

howdy Steph,

yep, as far as i can tell there is NO unit that uses SEA in there at all. from reading thru things, it seems a unit either uses "all as road" or just HILLS and MOUNTAINS and nothing else. i'll take your advice and do it that way.

still, if you ever get the urge, i would like to have all the bases covered. right now i can't search for units that DO use any of those values.

take care,
lee

Top Bottom