New Beta Version - March 2nd (3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, sorry - Tower of Buddhist Incense is from Enlightenment Era for VP mod, my bad.
And I could swear that it was Vox Populi that let great people be captured, back to digging then.

Yes, sorry - Tower of Buddhist Incense is from Enlightenment Era for VP mod, my bad.
And I could swear that it was Vox Populi that let great people be captured, back to digging then.
No, they die in VP. But there is a mod for capturing.

I think it is too separate issues too with trade deals.

The more the AI like you the bigger a range it is will to accept. So it values embassies at 2gpt but will give you up to -75 on trade deals so it accepts 4gpt and 1gpt back. I don't think there is any good reason for the AI to do this, they should just only accept things for what they value them at, there is no need for a range. It makes selling resources one at a time best too which is unfortunate. (you an also tell if they secretly hate you doing this which is a bit gamey)

Then there is an issue that the AI just can't tell what a resource is worth. And it is so subjective, iron/horse sometimes is worth quite a bit but the AI will just take all of it leaving the player swimming in gold. Like CrazyG said you have way more gold from AIs than your own cities!

This has a knock on effect that makes all gold generating buildings like markets awful and buying things the default rather than sometimes. Rush buying every building and spaming emissaries into every nearby CS is a bit too easy.

There is an issue that it scales differently on different difficulties but taking all the AI's money on prince is probably still an issue, you might get less but it will hurt them more.

I assume it gives u more when it likes u more, because It wants to have positive diplo modifiers with u, and it doesnt take into account that you are human and not Ai

Btw I dont find that couple golds too much usually, I usually cant have 110 gold from trade deals in ancient classical:o (mqybe its just me) sometimes I even go bankrupt and its not because Iam just not selling my resources

Btw now that u mention; emissarie cost scaling from classical to medieval is absurd (ly steep) imo. In classical I usually build almost only them and in early medieval none.

I want to talk about tributing a bit (, after a mongolia game)

Soo to begin with in epic speed from tributing 1800 hammers or food I was getting 6200 cultures in my capital (if I remember correctly), but throught the game it was usually a 2x (like 100 science 200 culture from authority), instead of the 2x25% described.

Secondly the third tier tribute related autocracy tenet seems to be just straight up trash tbh, even for maybe a tier 1 tenet; in its current form. You get maybe 1 tribute every 15-20 turns? And the influence part is weak too... In my game it was sht and also cant think of legit applications for it...

Thirdly, how tribute works, that the more units the Cs have the harder it is for tribute... Wow thats weird... But anyways, it leads to the mechanic to dw the Cs every turn and get (max) tribute from it every turn... Maybe do it with 4-5 Cs simultaniously, if you have enough artilliery to kill the unit in the city (I did it with 3 and didnt tryhard, also weird locations) Also if its your ally ( with the autocracy tenet) or ur peacefull with it and it has units, its impossible to get a tribute...

I know this topic comes up a lot, but AI pays a lot for strategic resources on this patch, as high as 11 for a horse. They also pay 4 gold for an embassy. They give me an embassy for only 1

Right now with the newest version of VP, I like the feel of strategic resources. Chump change but that extra couple of horses added to the deal can get you that extra gold that feels satisfactory.

It's certainly preferable to the previous paradigm, where giving away your strategics could be a significant portion of your gold economy. I swore off Playing Russia until that was fixed, so now I can try her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom