New Destiny

Well everyone im sorry to say i must be going. Due to real life i wont be back, at least not anytime soon. im sorry to leave with this not quite finished, hopefully someone will want to continue with it. it is pretty much finished so anyone is welcome to work on it, add to it or change it. i hope you all will continue to enjoy it i know i enjoyed making this and was truly surprised by the intrest and number of downloads that my mod created. thanks for all the help and support on this. take care and i hope to be back someday. :(:cry:

After years of gaming with various online communities, one thing holds true: Real life trumps games. I hope whatever it is that pulls you away goes well, and thanks a bunch for the hours and hours of fun you've given all of us.

Well im back finally, sorry it took so long. I hope everyone has been enjoying the mod while i was gone and im sure that you have found all kinds of new bugs for me to fix lol. I was able to do some work on the mod while i was gone and have found somethings that will be changed. such as removing the robot tank, it kept causing the game to freeze up, a few other small things here and there that i noticed as i played and jotted down to fix. somethings i still havnt figured out how to change :crazyeye:. such as the changing size of the archology, some are huge and take up half the world others are perfect in size, or how to get all the new religious icons to show up in the religious advisor. oh well ill get to work on all this and anything else you might have found right away. :)

well for right now things are going ok, might be a few bumps coming up but for the most part i shouldnt have anymore absences :).

like i said i have been testing and doing some work on the mod while i was gone and when i have that all together i will upload the newest version. i want to hear from anyone that has been playing it about any new bugs, problems or ideas they have found while i was gone. i just installed the new patches and they caused a CTD for me so i guess i wont be using them untill i can figure out why my mod isnt compatible with patch 3.17

i just want to know if anyone using the mod has installed the new 3.17 patch and been able to still use the mod or if they are having problems with the mod. i cant get mine to work and im trying to figure out if it is something on my end or if there is something in the mod that is corrupted.

ok i found why the mod wasnt working with the new patch. to fix it all you need to do is copy the GameInfoOptions file in the GameInfo folder from the regular game folder to the mod and it will work fine.

not really sure, ive been testing the changes i wanted to make and fixing other bugs ive run across, some minor changes here and there. id say ill have the new version, which is 3.17 compatible, ready by the middle of the month. the biggest thing i have to do is incorporating mamba's newest version of diversica into it. if while i was gone any of you found any bugs or had some ideas for additions or changes id love to hear them.

im sorry that it took me longer than i thought to get this done. but the new version 4.0 is ready, it is 3.17 compatible. i have uploaded it to file front but they seem to have lost most of my files so i am also putting it up on here in the download section and ive put it up at atomicgamer. post 1 contains some of the changes i did besides making it 3.17 compatible. now there are still some minor bugs, the archology still shows up as super huge sometimes, still dont know why. you may find some errors in text messages, i have tried to find all of them but i may have missed some in the leaders text/ quotes. thats about it for bugs that i know of. now since this thread has been so quiet of late im going to guess that either everything was working good or that most people lost intrest lol. well there really shouldnt be much need for patches for 4.0 but i will be watching this site and the new one for posts. thanks for everyones support in this :). i am now going to try to convert this over to WoC, note i said try lol, if i can find the time.

filefront
http://files.filefront.com/NewDestiny+v40rar/;11985518;/fileinfo.html

atomicgamer
Link: http://www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=5121

While I applaud your making 4.0 available in the DL Database, all that page contains is a changelog. What's actually in New Destiny?:confused:

(Also, a link to thread is missing.)

well the first post here has everthing ive done since the begining. so that will be your best place to look for everything ive added to it. but i will make sure to copy that over to the DL for those that havnt been following this from the begining. i will also put in the link to this thread, thanks for pointing that out Jeelen.

im looking foward to everyones feedback on this to make sure i didnt miss anything important. i hope you all enjoy it. :)

A description of the mod in the original post would be nice. If I missed it though, please call me an idiot! :)

well there is a list of what ive done from the begining in each version upto now under the spoiler. you have to click on the show button to open the list. if thats not exactly what you were looking for let me know and ill try to fill in any gaps :D. there are probally a few things ive changed that i forgot to put on the list but they would be minor things. hope that helps

Top Bottom