New Diplomacy Game: Civdip XII - Broken Resolutions

kittenOFchaos said:
We need 3 more players for this game - if you would like to put out the invitation to members of that CDZ forum that would be appreciated.

anarres put out the invitation on CDZ, but don't be shy and post there yourself too. We don't bite you know ;) and most members are CFC regulars so you prolly see some familiar names anyway.

CDZ link

ProPain said:
anarres put out the invitation on CDZ, but don't be shy and post there yourself too. We don't bite you know ;) and most members are CFC regulars so you prolly see some familiar names anyway.

CDZ link

Thank you Anarres and Propain :)

I have no problem with posting at other forums, except if I think that it will subtract from civfanatics. CDZ overlaps with much with some Apolyton/Civfanatics content, though it has some unique areas. I would favour bringing those unique aspects to Civfanatics/Apolyton rather than it being on an entirely different forum with different moderators, password, etc.

i can imagine your point of view although I dont think it's feasable bringing those unique points to CFC/Apo. CDZ most unique points are that it's small, players know each other well and therefore are generally very dedicated. That will be hard to carry over because CFC and Apo are big by nature.

And I don't agree CDZ content overlaps a lot with CFC. We're mainly a PBEM community, a part of civ that isnt very well represented on CFC. The CDZ forum is constructed to support PBEM in a way that wouldnt be possible at CFC.

But this is getting very OT, so I'll shut up. :)

Good luck finding another opponent, hope you quickly find one!

Stapel said:
Count me in.
No preferences.

Superb - very glad to have you onboard :)

With a little bit of luck we may be able to start this game pretty soon.

Magnus said:
:sleep: :eek: :goodjob:

oh yea, I'll take whatever is handy. :king:

So now we have 7...I'll send out a group e-mail etc when I get back from work today (well, I CALL it work) :)

Bwahahaham, 3 pm and I'm home from work...ah the life of a supply teacher :D

An e-mail will be sent out to all the leaders of Europe giving each of you my e-mail to send in turns and to c.c press to. I will also require you to send me your e-mail addresses so I can give them to all the other players.

Once we have swapped e-mail addresses, the game will begin :)

P.S If anyone has a MAJOR problem with the Power they've been given, please say now or forever hold your peace ;)

PLAYER - POWER

Arminius - France
Barron - Russia
Gnarfflinger - Austria
Keirador - Germany
Magnus - England
Pellaken - Turkey
Stapel - Italy

Edit: 3:25 pm GMT all players (except reserve) sent e-mail requesting e-mail address, giving you mine and informing you of the power you were assigned. If you have not received this PM me ASAP.

Deadline 1: Spring 1901 Moves - Reminder

Just a reminder (info sent in e-mail/PM) that the first deadline is at 11 pm GMT on Sunday the 9th of January.

Hope to see all press c.c'ed so I can monitor the game and to head-off NMRs!

Just in case:

AIM: KaneCabal
Yahoo!: folsetiger

Good luck everyone.

AOL instant messenger would be my preferred method of contact, if you can catch me while I'm online. FuolornisFD12 is my sn.

I have just been informed that some people cannot send emails to me at my LSU address due to spam-blockers. To complicate things, my AIM is messed up. If any of this hinders you reaching me, please PM me or yahoo! me for diplomacy.

Newsflash

The first shots were fired in anger on the 1st of March as Italian troopers poured into Trieste whilst the Austrians forces began the occupation of Serbia and Albania. Raising the Italian flag over the ports of Trieste and Fiume, the Italian King spoke at length of how this event was a demonstration of the vitality of the Italian state.

The rest of Europe saw little in the way of contest between the Great Powers, save for in the Black Sea where the Turkish and Russian fleets eyed each other nervously waiting for the other to strike first. Both navies departed at sundown to return to harbour having satisfied themselves that neither would have an advantage in this vital area.

It is obvious, even to the most deluded lover of peace that a great amount of bloodshed is imminent as not one neutral territory is safe and as several Great Powers hover menacingly around the borders of Rumania, Belgium and Greece. One thing is for sure, this is going to be a hot and sticky Summer followed by a bloody Fall ;)

Deadline for Fall 1901 - Friday at 11 pm GMT.

Orders received

Russia
Fleet St Pete (sc) to Gulf of Bothnia
Fleet Sevastopol to Black Sea
Army Moscow to Sevastopol
Army Warsaw to Ukraine

France
F Brest - Pic
A Marseilles - Spain
A Paris - Gascony

England
F LON to ENG
F EDI - NTH
A LVP - YOR

Austria
F Trieste to Albania
A Bud to Ser
A Vienna to Bud

Turkey
F Ank-Black Sea
A Con-Bul
A Smy-Con

Germany
F Kiel to Holland
A Berlin to Kiel
A Munich to Ruhr

Italy
F Naples - Ionian Sea
A Rome - Venice
A Venice - Trieste

Maps attached + Realpolitik file

P.S A big thank you to all played for c.c'ing me and also for getting in your orders in way ahead of schedule - keep it up!

:D

Attachments

• Winter 1901.jpg
    Winter 1901.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Spring 1901.jpg
    Spring 1901.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Summer 1901.jpg
    Summer 1901.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 227
You guys are making me think too hard. Others are complaining that there's too much smoke rolling out my ears...

My feelings are to ask you guys to keep it up...

I have the feeling that my English communications will become extremely important before the next turn. Is anyone willing to push the orders deadline back a day?

You'll have 3 days as Magnus will be back on Wednesday...

All right gentlemen, the administrator has given us three more days to plot and scheme. I want to see knives in someone else's back, not just mine...

Damn, I knew I couldn't get that out with a straight face...

Top Bottom