NEW FULL SCENARIO MOD: 753 BC, Rise of Empires

waldoa

Chieftain
753 BC, The Rise of Empires
Essentially, I have been working on this mod for about six months. It has an entire new tech tree, culturally specific improvements, dozens of new wonders, and each civilization has 4 eras of upgradable fully flavorized units specific to itself. I did this because I think part of the fun of conquest is coming up against the entirely different military units of each culture and being forced to deal with them. This scenario puts you in the relatively historically accurate position of one of 26 civilzations around the world at approximately 753 BC. Some are just tribes in a sea of other Barbarian tribes, such as the Germanics, the Slavs, the Gauls, and the Iroquois. Everywhere, Barbarians are represented with their own cities (thanks to Ekmek for the cityunits) and dominate much of the land.
The Assyrians are making their last great wars on Phoenicia and Egypt, Neo-Babylonia is emerging, and in the east, the Persian giant wakes. The Zhou dynasty is in its second stage, with the capital at Luoyi, surrounded by warring states, and in America the Toltec and Chavin societies are emerging.
Of course Rome is founded, and Greece is emerging from its dark age to begin the Classical period. The Phoenician trade empire is vast, but their homeland is under siege by the Assyrians and soon the Carthaginians will be forced to fend for themselves.
The Scenario will be finished by the end of the week and posted here.
If you have any suggestions for better civilization names (near the same location, but more historically accurate) please reply. The civilizations included are listed after the acknowledgements.

I have to thank essentially every unitmaker in the forums because I have used at least one by everyone. Here is my attempt to thank them all and please help me if you see your unit in here and are not acknowledged.

For Units:
Kinboat
Aaglo
BeBro
Dom Pedro II
Winter
utahjazz7
Aluminum
Jimmyh
Steph
muffins
kindred72
pescoloco
embryodead
Dease
Rufus T. Firefly
Lorenzarius
Kal-el
Kenta'arka
Arne
& many others I'm sure I've forgotten.

For Graphics:
Ukas
CivArmy s. 1994
Rufus T.Firefly
R8XFT
Pounder
Kenta'arka
W.i.n.t.e.r
aaglo
Pounder
Straczynski
Drift
AK47
Lusikka755
LBPB
Plexus
mrtn
Embryodead
Nahuixtelotzin
PCHighway
ozymandias
& many others I'm sure I've forgotten.

Civ List:
Rome (Italy)
Greece (Athens)
Egypt (Egypt)
Hittite (Anatolia) ---I would like a historical replacement for this if possible.
Assyrian (much of Mesopotamia)
Babylonian (Babylon and Ur)
Persian (Between Mesopotamia and the Gedrosian desert)
Judah (Judea)
Kush (mid-Africa, bottom half of Nile)
Zululand (south-east Africa)
Slavic (Kievian area)
Gaullic (France)
Germanic (Mid-Germany)
Celtic (Britain and Ireland)
Norse (Southern Scandinavia)
Mongols (Mongolia)
Zhou ( east-central China)
Ko-Choson ( North-west Korea)
Japan (Central Japan)
Iroquois (eastern America seaboard) ---I would like a historical replacement for this too.
Chavin (north-Andean region)
Toltec (Cuicuilco, or ancient Tenochtitlan/Mexico City)
Vedan (North-east India)
Arab (western Arabia)
Phoencia (North Mediterranean seaboard of Mesopotamia)
Carthage (Northern Africa coast)

Map ?x? :confused:

Because if map too huge, won't load in my PC :(

No it's essentially one of Kal-El's earth maps heavily modified to increase land mass, but it isn't a super-sized map.

Top Bottom