New NESes, ideas, development, etc

Cheers bud :)

Could you, uh, edit your post with the huge pic so that our descendants won't suffer the tyranny of broadband-users?

Ummm... hi. Well, I've been lurking here for some time, and I've been thinking about joining an NES. Since I'm not sure whether I should start a thread for this, I'm posting this here. If I want to join, should I join an NES in full swing or one that's starting?

Ummm... hi. Well, I've been lurking here for some time, and I've been thinking about joining an NES. Since I'm not sure whether I should start a thread for this, I'm posting this here. If I want to join, should I join an NES in full swing or one that's starting?

End of Empires is only on its 2nd update so you should be able to join no problem. By the way, welcome to NESing. Hope you have a great time here.

You can choose either. The best idea is to choose one that interests you. The period, the story, the rules, the other players should influence you.

If you like a fresh start, earth-like world that is in the bronze/iron age then North King's N3S has only had a couple of long turns and lots of room.

BirdNES is similar, but has only a few spots and more complicated rules.

I know there are other games going, but I am un familiar with them. Most mods will cut a new player some slack and allow you to come up to speed and not let you be destroyed immediately. Try one and if you don't like it, try another. Some games only go a few updates before they close anyway.

Welcome!

Well I won't join now, but in a week when school's done for. I just wanted some advice. Thanks for it!

There are lots of NPC Nations available in LINESII. That NES is in the Imperial Age/Early Medieval Age right now. There's a link in my signature.

For other NESes, I would recommend N3S and BirdNES. Luckymoose has a great NES too, though it is paused until his hard drive gets repaired.

There are lots of NPC Nations available in LINESII. That NES is in the Imperial Age/Early Medieval Age right now. There's a link in my signature.

For other NESes, I would recommend N3S and BirdNES. Luckymoose has a great NES too, though it is paused until his hard drive gets repaired.

This is looking less and less likely to ever happen. :*(

Why?

xcl

Did you never upload the whole thing?

Perhaps we could go from the map we already have (cradle) an over the next few months, in the background you can be expanding it. It seems BJ is making the map as he goes along...

Spoiler Out of thread topic--really, don't open it if you're not Abaddon :
Here, the same pic in three different formats (PNG, GIF, and JPEG), all of a slightly lower quality (though JPEG is really the only real horrible one):

See? The filesize of the three pics combined is lower than the original, without any appreciable decrease in quality (except, of course, with the JPEG one--I hate JPEG, but it can get the smallest filesize of pics with sufficient sacrifice in quality).

I suggest that you get Paint.NET if you have the .NET framework already (or are willing to get it) or GIMP--or something else similar, but the latter is quite popular and the former is what I use--if only to prevent future acts of apparent hostility against those who have dial-up or slower.

Of course, there are additional steps you can take in consideration of others, like bringing your pics to site like this one (it really just reduces the number of colors, which you can readily do with the picture-editors).

A bit off-topic in this off-topic thing, decreasing the filesize of watercolor-type pics shouldn't be a problem at all.

what would you recommend to edit a map?

Ms paint has been crashing very often with the map i have for Reclaiming the World, which is making it slow going...

Perhaps we could go from the map we already have (cradle) an over the next few months, in the background you can be expanding it. It seems BJ is making the map as he goes along...

I had the whole map made though, which is a bummer as it was awesome.

Actually, North King made the entire map before the NES started. However, I did that for LINESII, though after Update 6 I decided to make the rest of the world all at once.

Actually, North King made the entire map before the NES started. However, I did that for LINESII, though after Update 6 I decided to make the rest of the world all at once.

He didn't make the entire map, he made a rough outline and I spent lots of time doing coastlines, mountains, rivers, biome, etc.

How about a NES revolving around the movie industry. A few top players would be major studios and have a starting budget. Regular players are directors trying to pitch movies to the studios and try to get money to do the film. There would be a list of actors/actresses with rankings and pay scales, the more you pay the more you can potentially make in a sense. Updates would cover the information about the film, star troubles which can hurt the movie and the stars reputation, release dates, income charts for released films and so on. The goal is to be either the top studio or top director, income and rating wise in the end.

Dunno it sounded good in my head.

Actually, I didn't finish Bird's map, either. It's been a point of friction. I'm very good at doing 1/10th of a map. :p
NK's work is always so excellent, that I hoped for a long time that he would finish my map, but it has never been a 'point of friction' for me. :)

Top Bottom