New NESes, ideas, development, etc

@ND- Your idea sounds interesting, and I'd probably join, but I really enjoy NDNESIII and everything that has gone into it. Given a choice between the two, I'd much prefer to resume Clash of Gods.

Ultimately, however, it's your call.

@ND- Your idea sounds interesting, and I'd probably join, but I really enjoy NDNESIII and everything that has gone into it. Given a choice between the two, I'd much prefer to resume Clash of Gods.

Ultimately, however, it's your call.

I will have to second Iggy on this. NDNES III had to much group effort put into it to just die.

I liked my insane plots in NDNES III [they were literally insane as well :p].

AbNESVI Ruleset:

Spoiler :

Tribe Name: Please name your Tribe
Cacique Name: The leader of your people

Population controls the limits of your nation, an how much economic power you have. To increase your population level, you either have to settle a new town, or capture one from your neighbours. It costs 5EP to settle a new town. The various levels are shown below. The first number is the economic points you recieve at that level. The second number is how many towns you need to be that size:

Tiny (1/1)-Petite (2/3)-Small (3/6)-Medium (4/10)-Large (5/15)-Huge (6/21)-Gargantuan (7/27)-Monstrous (9/34)

Magic:

The amount of magic points you are generating each turn, and how many are stored. You gain one MP for every turn a totem is under your control and is undisturbed by others. To construct a new totem you must sacrifice one of your towns, and write a decent/gory story about it :evil:

Magic Users:

To wield magic, you need people trained in the art. They cost 1MP and 1EP, and will take 3 turns to be trained. From then on they can wield any of the magic spells already learnt by your tribe, as well as creating one of their own.

Magic Spells:

This lists any spells a tribe has learnt along with their costs. Greater description will be found in the opening posts.

Armed Men. It costs 1EP to train and equip a mob of 1000 men.

Military prowess costs 1EP to raise the training level of 1000 men. You can only train to Great level, the higher levels come with battle experience. You can raise the entry training level of your tribe by paying EP equal to your tribes size. The various levels are:

Mob-Pathetic-Poor-Tolerable-Normal-Better-Good-Great-Mighty-Juggernaut

Quality of Life

A good quality of life is invaluable, aiding everything from army movement to culture cohesiveness to government efficiency. Various things will effect your tribesmen's quality of life level, if it is below tolerable, you will not be able to settle a new town. To upgrade, total cost is equal to the number of towns you have. The different levels are:

None-Poor-Pathetic-Barely Tolerable-Tolerable-Improving-Good-Great-Excellent

Tributary Tribes

Tribute tribes will be required to forfeit 1EP per turn to the the tribe which they owe it too. In return the nation recieving tribute is automatically at war with any nation that attacks the tributary. A tribute state may elect not to pay its master causing an automatic war to occur between the two tribe. A master tribe can elect to release a tribute tribe with no further consquences past the cancellation of all obligations held by both parties.

Comments greatly desired :)

@Abaddon, with regards to population, will there be some natural pop growth during peaceful times? Or is it all tied to #towns on the map? IMO there should be an element of choosing whether to devote people to war or to peaceful pursuits. If there are going to be small populations in general, it seems like raising more troops (or at least having lots of troops killed in battle) should lower your population too, and/or cause towns to be abandoned or something.

That is an interesting idea. The time frame I want to play with mean population growth is unlikely across the island. However, where the population resides on the island~ that IS flexible. I'll think on this more. and get back to you.

@Abaddon
I would like to have basic economy clarified. Perhaps it's included in the ruleset, but I haven't spotted it yet.

All within population...

I will have to second Iggy on this. NDNES III had to much group effort put into it to just die.

I would like to third this. NDNES III was just so fun and it would be sad to see it replaced. I would certainlly be willing for you to do a BT in it, allowing you to change anything that you didn't like about it.

I really want to see a Galactic Civilizations II NES. I'd do it myself, but I have a no idea what ruleset to use. It should include eveything: tech trees; the impact of terraforming and to that extent, quality levels; designing your own ship; impact of planetary improvements; espionage. I think the special tiles on planets would be to hard to to implement, however.

I think all major 12 races should be allowed, with the option for one to create a Minor Race.

So a galactic map and a ruleset that fits in with the way GalCiv II is played is needed. I have programme that lists various things like the different tech trees, ship & planetary improvements and other items.

Anybody?

Story
WWII is at its height, millions are in arms fighting each other; At Normandy, at Tarawa, in the air, over the seas. Suddenly in a flash, a Mod choose to land upon this world. All men forgot who they are and what they were doing...

Except for a few; called Nes Players they are unaffected by this and saw their chance. They found out that by touching others they can restore their memories and make them swear undying loyalty. Then these can touch more and make them swear loyalty. Within a week small but growing nations rose and factories are slowly reconquered, churning again tanks and ships. Planes and guns.

The Mod, Charles, told them they must follow the rules of the War. They complied. So start the Second Great War. (or the First Return to Those Days)

NES Starts at 1944 with 1940 Technology due to some loss. This is a simple war NES. Or you can say a Fresh start with WWII technology.

A City produces 1 PP.
A Industrial Center produces 3 PP.
A Science Center produces 3 SP.
Trade Generates PP.
City/Center ratio at 2/1

PP stands for Production Points. SP Stands for Science Points.
Costs: 2 PP for 1 SP
10PP to turn a City into a Industrial Center.
12PP to turn a City into a Science Center.
2PP to resume production in a conquered city.
Projects to make More Cities.
1PP for 2000 Infantry- You basic soldier armed with a Semi-auto gun and other basic weaponary. Used for occupation and fighting.
1PP for 500 Motorized Infantry- Better armed and supported with armoured automobiles. Same uses.
1PP for 20 Tanks. Armored and with a big gun and many little ones they are used for front-warfare and as artillery.
5PP for 1 Basic Fleet- Basic Fleets for Basic sea warfare and basic transport. With a flagship, destroyers, transports. Can transport 2PP worth of anything or 2000 Infantry.
2PP for 1 fighter wing for air defense and air superiosity.
3PP for 1 Bomber Wing for attack of defensive positions and bombing.
?? for ??
You can have up to 2 UUs and many technologies. Techs release new Units. Air Craft Carriers, Intercepters and others await for later.

Projects take time and can be sped up with 3PP for 1 turn. Projects are such as UU enhancements, better military quality, more cities and such.

All players start with about 6 Cities and a few reactivateable cities.

Any help?

YES Haseri.

Why are there nobody posting in here. Is innovation confined now only to Pre-NES threads and polls? Are there no NESers who want to help advance to a future of different and interesting formes of NESing? No future Mods? What-not?

Is it that no one likes to respond a Charles Li Post, or do we need a New New Neses and Development ect thread?

Dude, it is just a Modern Fresh Start, or a Fresh Start with Modern Tech AKA WWII.

Factories are still there.
Most people? Frozen until a unfrozen person touches that person. That is how you expand. Of course, leakages causes Proto-states and opposition if you don't expand your borders long enough.

Perhaps we're not posting simply from a wide variety of reasons; one, hopefully not escaping your notice, being that if you have nothing worthy to say, it could be best to keep silent. Aside that:

They found out that by touching others they can restore their memories and make them swear undying loyalty.
Frozen until a unfrozen person touches that person
Freeze-tag?

Why are there nobody posting in here. Is innovation confined now only to Pre-NES threads and polls? Are there no NESers who want to help advance to a future of different and interesting formes of NESing? No future Mods? What-not?

Not all innovation must be thrust into the public eye; nor does every person desire everyone's opinion. Just because we're not prancing around like show-ponies doesn't mean we're not working on our own projects.

Is it that no one likes to respond a Charles Li Post, or do we need a New New Neses and Development ect thread?

I would respond more, but my translation skills are already being maxed out. I can't respond to that I fail to understand. And no, we don't need another thread unless a mod decides so. Please don't start anymore.

YES Haseri.

Yes, stay on topic Charles. It is nothing personal against you if no one posts in this thread or responds to your posts. This Thread is for those who choose to post design ideas or questions. It does not guarantee good answers or any answers at all. Move along.

One thread is sufficient.

With the closure of the WWW threads for good, I recommend that NESers make more use of the NES Chat on the irc-chat channel. You can use the java program provided on the chat link provided near the top of the page, or mIRC, Mibbitt, Mozilla chat, etc.

If anyone needs help with connecting or finding the right server, I am more than willing to help :)

Also, this might not be the most topical thread for this but it will definitely reach the most eyes.

NESing development idea: regarding the suppression of WWW and ensuing social-political crisis.

Brave comrades, I too do not wish to be a martyr, nor defy the laws of the land, but like Azale before me, I post here because I do not know where else to go. Actually it may be kinda relevant to this thread.

I have one idea which might suit everyone a few people - we make a new WWW thread in the classical tradition, but actually in the OT forum. We can intimidate non-NESers to stay away, or else be assimilated into NESing, or else just defeated by the power of our combined enlightenment and superior intellects, or just hope they don't post anything. Of course, it would be out of sight of the motherforum, hidden far across the ocean of Civfanatics, requiring that most of us keep it bookmarked / linked-to etc so its not lost and forgotten. But I believe that we, brave few that we are, can forge a colony of enlightenment in foreign lands, free from the newfound hardships of the homeland. What do you think?

Moderator Action: End of discussion! Take to pm or OT
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

With the closure of the WWW threads for good, I recommend that NESers make more use of the NES Chat on the irc-chat channel. You can use the java program provided on the chat link provided near the top of the page, or mIRC, Mibbitt, Mozilla chat, etc.

If anyone needs help with connecting or finding the right server, I am more than willing to help :)

Also, this might not be the most topical thread for this but it will definitely reach the most eyes.

I will be figuring out how to make a weblink to #nes located on irc.irc-chat.net; so far, all I can do is give a handy link if you already have mIRC.

Moderator Action: NES chat is a terrific idea

PROBING INTEREST: D&D-based Fantasy NES, nothing too fancy.

Boardgamer rules for economy, arcane calculations and judgment calls for military, players play single people who rule places and other people (no adventurers and magic-users).

The setting will be a real-word-analog-ish fantasy map, right after the death of the Hegemon of some Greek-Macedon-ripoffflavored empire (which also sports some elements from Charles the Big and our old friends, the Romans).

Players could choose to be one of the generals or governors from the recently leaderless empire, or some local leader from the faraway provinces (which will have stereotyped Arabic-Egyptian-Persian elements in the East, Other-African and islander elements in the South, stereotyped medieval fantasy and English elements in the North, and evil barbarians and dragons and stuff in the West, with some stereotyped Eastern European elements).

BEGIN THE PROBING.

---

I post the above in rebellion against all the "ideas" threads (with or without polls) floating around. If the moderators are going to crack down on WWW (ooh, look, I broke the forum rules just by talking about it! Hah, tricky, eh? But in the spirit of CFC's Legalism, I guess that's a warning/ban for me!), I propose that they crack down on all the threads floating around whose intents and purposes are covered by this meta-thread!

---

NERFSNES got too unwieldy for me because I didn't put rules for stories. I'm saying it now: I hate your stories, NWAG3. Their lack of specificity and conclusions in an already free-form world broke my mind.

NERFSNES got too unwieldy for me because I didn't put rules for stories. I'm saying it now: I hate your stories, NWAG3. Their lack of specificity and conclusions in an already free-form world broke my mind.

Can you give me some examples? I'm curious about this.

"To be continued" is one. The lack of any specific dates, or places, or even general directions in most of your stories is another. I'll be back with quotes if you want, but at the moment I am in a hurry to leave.

Top Bottom