New Official Version - June 19th (6-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is ilteroi's patch with a fix for merge errors (should fix the leader display issue and a couple other bugs). Savegame compatible with ilteroi's current patch, not savegame compatible with the 6-19-2 release. A 43 Civs version is included, simply download that .zip file instead.

Same instructions as for ilteroi's patch: replace the DLL and PDB files in your MODS > (1) Community Patch folder (if the PDB file is not there, insert it in the same folder as the DLL file).

Thanks. Does that include your changes too?

Thanks. Does that include your changes too?

Nope - those change a lot of files, so better to do it with the new installer.

Nope - those change a lot of files, so better to do it with the new installer.
Think we'll see a few installer anytime soon? Feels like searching through this thread to pick up different bugfixes is going to get rather annoying.

If not, maybe collect all the updates made since the installer was released and collect them in one post on the first page?

I often steal my own embassy with purpose, especially if I have picked the godly inspiration reformation belief, giving GPTI extra faith and science. They give a lot of overall yields.
If there is a good spot where I can steal good tiles from a CS, I plant an embassy in that area and later on, if I have a GD but no more embassy to build, I use a citadel and immidiatly plant a new embassy in that CS.

I've never done that but I play on Huge maps so I guess there are more city-states to plant embassies in for me :).

I miss playing civ v, finally might have some time now, wondering whether I should start now or wait for Gazebo new beta version

Hmm. My game won't start.
Is there a new-new installer somewhere?

Think we'll see a few installer anytime soon? Feels like searching through this thread to pick up different bugfixes is going to get rather annoying.

If not, maybe collect all the updates made since the installer was released and collect them in one post on the first page?

G said he'd be working on the new version this weekend.

In my current game I got declared by 3 different civs. One was a neighbor who was clearly gearing up for war and I knew disliked me, but the other two were civs on the other side of the planet who have made no attempts to actually fight me and would’ve had zero chance of taking my lands if they did. I assume they were bribed by my angry neighbor but they didn’t seem to attempt war at all.

I just peaced out with one of them (presumably because we never fought) and the next turn he denounced me for “genocide of his people despite me never killing any of his units or getting anywhere near his lands.

Is any of this intended behavior? The chain declaration didn’t bother me but the bribed civs are doing nothing and arent in any position to do anything if they wanted too.

In my current game I got declared by 3 different civs. One was a neighbor who was clearly gearing up for war and I knew disliked me, but the other two were civs on the other side of the planet who have made no attempts to actually fight me and would’ve had zero chance of taking my lands if they did. I assume they were bribed by my angry neighbor but they didn’t seem to attempt war at all.

I just peaced out with one of them (presumably because we never fought) and the next turn he denounced me for “genocide of his people despite me never killing any of his units or getting anywhere near his lands.

Is any of this intended behavior? The chain declaration didn’t bother me but the bribed civs are doing nothing and arent in any position to do anything if they wanted too.

Was it something he said? If so, it was probably just flavour text.

I just peaced out with one of them (presumably because we never fought) and the next turn he denounced me for “genocide of his people despite me never killing any of his units or getting anywhere near his lands
Sounds like a bug. IMHO genocide complaint should be only when razing cities. Units are expected to die.

Civilizations can accept bribes to go to war even if far away. Whether they actually try to attack you is largely determined by military/tactical AI.

Was it something he said? If so, it was probably just flavour text.

Sounds like a bug. IMHO genocide complaint should be only when razing cities. Units are expected to die.

According to the code the trigger is:
Code:
if (eOpinion < MAJOR_CIV_OPINION_NEUTRAL && GetNumWarsFought(ePlayer) > 0 && GetForgiveness() <= 5)

And any of the following messages can be sent:
Code:
       <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RESPONSE_DENOUNCE_BETRAYAL_1">
           <Text>You have proven beyond doubt that your friendships mean nothing. Spare us your prattering - there will be no more words between us. [NEWLINE][NEWLINE]([COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]They have publicly denounced us! NOTE: You are not at war.[ENDCOLOR])</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RESPONSE_DENOUNCE_BETRAYAL_2">
           <Text>Unlike you, I am honest about who my friends and enemies are. For instance: you have just made yourself my enemy. Never return to this court again. [NEWLINE][NEWLINE]([COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]They have publicly denounced us! NOTE: You are not at war.[ENDCOLOR])</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RESPONSE_DENOUNCE_BETRAYAL_3">
           <Text>The genocide you have committed against my people can never be forgiven. All the world shall know the horrors of what you have done. [NEWLINE][NEWLINE]([COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]They have publicly denounced us! NOTE: You are not at war.[ENDCOLOR])</Text>
       </Row>
       <Row Tag="TXT_KEY_RESPONSE_DENOUNCE_BETRAYAL_4">
           <Text>Do you even stop to think of the innocents you killed? My people will not be able to rest until their families and loved ones are avenged... and neither will I. [NEWLINE][NEWLINE]([COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]They have publicly denounced us! NOTE: You are not at war.[ENDCOLOR])</Text>
       </Row>

When AI decides to denounce it selects a reason why they're mad according to an order of preference (this message is #17 in that order), but it doesn't have to be the reason behind the denouncement - it just has to be one potential reason. A message is displayed based on the selected reason.

Rewrite of dialogue logic is coming later, but in the meantime I can edit it to only trigger if you have the penalty for killing and capturing their civilians.

Capturing is not killing, though, but whatever

If you wanna rationalize it from a roleplaying perspective, just assume that some civilians died in the course of the war efforts required to enslave a unit's worth of civilians. :)

Anyhow I set it so that it triggers from razing/capturing cities and units, not just going to war. It's just flavor text.

Started a new game with iIteroi and Recursive patch.

Emperor, standard, standard, communitus map
I randomly rolled France and my army is not very strong.

On Ai passiveness - 85 turns in and I've not been attacked and there has been no wars even though I'm surrounded by Songai, Japan and Spain and close to the Aztecs. They have not attacked each other either even though they are forward settling all over the place. I've been denounced by Songai and Aztecs.

On the Ai tactical behaviour - Barbarians twice basically committed suicide by attacking me from a lake tile when I'm on land and where they had a different safe land space to move into that was not near me.

Started a new game with iIteroi and Recursive patch.

Emperor, standard, standard, communitus map
I randomly rolled France and my army is not very strong.

On Ai passiveness - 85 turns in and I've not been attacked and there has been no wars even though I'm surrounded by Songai, Japan and Spain and close to the Aztecs. They have not attacked each other either even though they are forward settling all over the place. I've been denounced by Songai and Aztecs.

On the Ai tactical behaviour - Barbarians twice basically committed suicide by attacking me from a lake tile when I'm on land and where they had a different safe land space to move into that was not near me.

My changes are not added, I just fixed the merge errors causing display issues, etc. You should see significantly increased aggression next version.

I would make a patch but...
Files changed: 121

I think you'll have to wait. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom