New Rise from Erebus Forums

Valkrionn

The Hamster King
We are proud to announce that we now have our own private forum!

Why do we need a new forum, you ask? Well, for various reasons. Most notably the fact that we are unable to moderate the current forum, meaning we cannot:
  • Make a sticky thread.
  • Make subforums.
  • Edit each other's posts (so that other team members can update posts, rather than only the person who makes the thread!)
  • Moderate discussion (Combining posts/threads, editing troll posts, etc)

By moving to a private forum, we gain all of those powers. We can also control the look of the forum; I feel Grey Fox has done an excellent job there. :goodjob:

One thing I'm sure you are all wondering: Will we continue to post in and maintain this forum? Yes, we will, but we may not be as active as we previously were. If you want to ensure that we'll respond quickly, come to the new forum. ;)

The new site has multiple subforums (including three! devoted entirely to modding) and is fairly well organized; Registration is very simple. We hope to see you there. ;)

I seem unable to post. I've really love to introduce the Other Games forum to Clonk, but there don't seem to be any buttons to do so. The list of permissions mentioned by the FAQ also seems to be absent.

Yeah, pretty extensive permission settings in the Admin Control Panel, a few things had been overlooked. Should work now or soon.

So anyone can register there? Anyone at all? It's not some sort of team only thing?

Also, won't this severely deplete the user base since most people looking for our mods/modmods/modmodmods/modmodmodmodules are lurkers in the normal forum here?

And how does one access the user control panel there to gen an avatar and stuff?

So anyone can register there? Anyone at all? It's not some sort of team only thing?
Yes anyone at all. It's our official forums from now on. Like Valkrionn described above gives many benefits over these forums.

Also, won't this severely deplete the user base since most people looking for our mods/modmods/modmodmods/modmodmodmodules are lurkers in the normal forum here?
I'm sure people can handle more than one forum. This also makes the mod easier to find for new people, and easier to discuss for the players and the team.

And how does one access the user control panel there to gen an avatar and stuff?
You go to the control panel, the link for it is located below the board index link. Or you can use this direct link; http://greyfox.me/rife/forum/ucp.php. In there check the Profile Tab, it should hold all those settings.
You can only use one of the Avatars in the gallery, or link to one off site. Can't upload one atm.

Yeah, pretty extensive permission settings in the Admin Control Panel, a few things had been overlooked. Should work now or soon.

It works fine now, thank you.

I am using IE7 and the entire thing is jumbled up like no tomorrow.
The Forum and other links are superposed over the image of that machinos thing and there are no index and user CP links at all.

Attachments

• ErrorForumRIFE.PNG
    ErrorForumRIFE.PNG
    246.6 KB · Views: 116

Bad GF. :p

Anyone. We have extensive team-only forums on it as well. ;)

It may, but I doubt it. Just maintain a thread on both forums. :p

I am using IE7 and the entire thing is jumbled up like no tomorrow.
The Forum and other links are superposed over the image of that machinos thing and there are no index and user CP links at all.

Symptom of adblock. Need to have GF look at it.

But I don't have any sort of add blocking program.

Appears I was the first non team intern user to have joined the new forum.

I feel so special now. :lol:

Anyway, I like the new forum, now if people would actually start posting there... (Doesn't make much of a difference for me anyway, I was never really active outside of the Rife forum.)

Appears I was the first non team intern user to have joined the new forum.

Anyway, I like the new forum, now if people would actually start posting there... (Doesn't make much of a difference for me anyway, I was never really active outside of the Rife forum.)

Grr, you beat me by 42 minutes.

I can't change my browser due to conditions beyond my control. So I am stuck with IE7 for better or worse.

So everything will immigrate to that forum? I noticed there isn't mention here of the latest patch.

This is too low on the topic list and requires a bump :p

Everyone should see this.

I suggest that the Download thread (and all other official stickies that are pertinent for new/returning players) have their OPs edited to include a link to the new forum along with a prominent graphic for the link to draw attention to it. I'm sure RiFE would hate to orphan itself from new/uninformed players. This thread will eventually get lost in the jumble of new threads asking why there aren't as many new posts. :)

I'm going to be requesting new stickied threads today ;)

Cool!

Grab me a coffee and a piece of pie while you're at it, since you're having to request stuff anyway. :)

PS - Since you're here: Thank you so very much for cranking out the new patch and hotpatch! It's nice to come home and discover a Christmas present you didn't know you had! A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and the entire RiFE Team!

Top Bottom