New screenshots and videos?

Sporally

Prince
So screenshots are now over a week old.

Before the release of Beyond Earth, Rising Tide and even Brave New World Firaxis showed off material every Tuesday. How long do you think we'll have to wait for that?

Someone said he thought we couldn't expect to see any gameplay footage before Firaxicon - that not until September! Your thoughts on that?

The detailed info about the game is really sparse this far - only 3 screenshots give us a very limited information of the detailed kind.

When do you think we will get yet another screenshot?

Maybe someone recall how soon we got screenshots and videos of Civ5 and BE.

First gameplay video on E3 in around a month. Some new screenshots can be published any time.

I suspect that we won't see anything new until just before E3. Firaxis hasn't been attending it lately, but they do like to generate publicity at that time.

E3 is so far away! :)

Damn, was at least expecting some new screenshots around once a week.

Are your assumptions based on former games from Firaxis or just pure guesses?

E3 is so far away! :)

Damn, was at least expecting some new screenshots around once a week.

Are your assumptions based on former games from Firaxis or just pure guesses?

Based on Civ V, its expansions, Beyond Earth, and it's expansion.

With Beyond Earth, they did play a bit more with announcing things on Twitch, but that won't be starting yet. The magazines must be paid their due for hype-building.

I know there aren't any more articles going up on press sites until E3, as I tweeted at an IGN editor and he said there was nothing else to post until then. We may still see screenshots and minor tidbits directly from Firaxis, but I'm fairly certain the next major news drop will be E3.

I also expect we'll see no major updates until E3; it would be nice if they fed us a little, though, even if it's just new screenshots.

I know there aren't any more articles going up on press sites until E3, as I tweeted at an IGN editor and he said there was nothing else to post until then. We may still see screenshots and minor tidbits directly from Firaxis, but I'm fairly certain the next major news drop will be E3.

I'm expecting a big info dump at E3. Firaxis will mostly likely show off a live demo.

I'm expecting a big info dump at E3. Firaxis will mostly likely show off a live demo.

I'm expecting a short prerecorded, scripted gameplay video. I don't think live gameplay will start until August.

Also, they won't actually be at E3. The info dump will be via magazines again.

Edit: 2K is listed as a E3 participant in the IOS Mobile Gaming category. Take that for what you will.

I think that until E3 there will be some info, enough such that the attention will not fade away from Civ IV. But I don't think that it will be not much.

Typically we get new information just at the point where we're really just wringing water from a stone. Both quill18 and Marbozir have said that they're traveling for some undisclosed reason at the moment, and I've seen some speculation on reddit that this might indicate something Civ6 related.

IGN wouldn't necessarily know if they are going to be provided with more information in the interim, or if another publication is going to be provided with more information; that really just shows that they've exhausted their exclusive announcement material.

Expecting a big dump? I hope the game isn't that bad. :eek:

In all seriousness, a live demo around E3 sounds about right. :)

The official Civ twitter just said something about Quill18 traveling. We're probably getting a livestream before too long.

Typically we get new information just at the point where we're really just wringing water from a stone. Both quill18 and Marbozir have said that they're traveling for some undisclosed reason at the moment, and I've seen some speculation on reddit that this might indicate something Civ6 related.

IGN wouldn't necessarily know if they are going to be provided with more information in the interim, or if another publication is going to be provided with more information; that really just shows that they've exhausted their exclusive announcement material.

For the Civ V expansions they sometimes gave exclusive info to media sites from the countries that were being featured.

Quill just Tweeted that he went to California. While 2K is headquartered there, Firaxis is in Baltimore.

Top Bottom