New Social Policies

HorseshoeHermit

20% accurate as usual, Morty
Is there some reason that adding a new social policy to an existing branch would be a database error ? Or deleting an existing one? I removed every foreign key reference to the policies in question.

I have a mod that completely redefines three policies, and it works. And I tried making a mod that just scraps those policies, adds three different ones, and configures them from zeroes, and what I get is a policy branch where only four policies appear and the prereq lines are wonked. And they're the initial policies, with their initial text and behaviour. I mean, process of elimination means the offending line has to be either where I remove an existing policy or added one.

Could it be row ids? no it can't. This is before the game even touches the sqlite.

Is there some reason that adding a new social policy to an existing branch would be a database error?

What's in database.log

Social policies need extra care as there are a lot of assumptions hard-coded in the Lua UI files and also the game core (C++)

Would be easier to analyse the actual mod ;)

And I tried making a mod that just scraps those policies, adds three different ones, and configures them from zeroes, and what I get is a policy branch where only four policies appear and the prereq lines are wonked. And they're the initial policies, with their initial text and behaviour. I mean, process of elimination means the offending line has to be either where I remove an existing policy or added one.

Could it be row ids? no it can't. This is before the game even touches the sqlite.

- Pre-requisite policies are assumed to be directly "above" somewhere the subject policy (i.e. on top, or topright/topleft - lines are wonky in any other case).
- You are going to have problems if any of the GridX or GridY overlap or goes out of bounds : (0 < X <= 5), (0 < Y <= 3)
- I suspect deleting existing policies does indeed cause some sort of row ID issue (when I tried to do so, all policies at/after the policy deleted would no longer even show up in the Policy Popop window) - it is much safer to simply rename all the text fields/policy effects of an existing policy rather than deleting and adding a replacement.

I aligned the policies alright. Remember I said I had one that worked without creating three new policies. I just don't get why I have to change the existing ones. I keep getting mixed up which one stands in for my redesigns. Plus I'd really like to force my config to be not modular - the exploration branch is just being completely rewritten.

What's in database.log

Memory statistics.
Also these lines

Code:
[216243.671] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[216243.671] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[216247.984] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[216249.671] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[216258.796] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[216258.796] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[216260.437] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[216272.843]

which have nothing to do with my changes.

Top Bottom