New Units: Medieval Wall

Originally posted by sims2789
maybe you could give them the Paradrop flag, but still make them immobile. with the Paradrop flag, you could choose where to "build" you wall, and since it is immobil, it would be there permanently.
I dont think many civs would be building these walls once the paradrop ability is available... :lol:
But perhaps someone could make a siege engineer unit and flag it so it could only carry this type of unit. It could deliver the immobile walls to the site and leave them there. Of course the AI could never line them them up right (or even use them most likely :confused: ) but it could add a fuedal feel to multiplayer games.

They were designed to be used in scenario's where they are pre-placed by the creator.

You can set them up so they aren't buildable by any of the civs... You should still be able to place them in the scenario and set them up as whatever civ you want as owner. But if not then you should at least be able to place them first and then remove the civ's from the available list.

Great wall Kinboat you are awsome dude!... can you also make a navy wall or port to park your ship at when you are not at war with any one, I have about 50 battleships, and I hate to park them in the water some were to get attacked.

I've made two more wall sections with gates in them... The file is in the first post.

Thanks,
GREAT, great improve.

Suggestion: Would you make a fidget/default open-doors.flc?????

great! :clap: :clap: :goodjob: :goodjob: :thanx: :thanx:

Maybe it's just my mistake, but the link to the new download doesn't seem to work. :(

edit: You could probably disregard this, it doesn't seem like any links work right now. Must be a temporary server problem. :)

Hey Kinboat, did you ever come around to makeing those trenches, that would be more useful to me :D But great job on the walls

I never did make those trenches... I'll look into it though, shouldn't be too hard.

How do I use this? stats?

These walls Rock! I've been using them as pre-set barbs... immobile, works perfectly, I'd just like to remind zulu to include this\these units in his next unit_32.pcx, as these wallls were left out of the most recent version. Having the unit32 for these is particularly important for preplaced things.

Holy schnikes! I thought I was the only one thinking of putting a great wall in the scenario map. LOL And here this thread was all along, thanks Kinboat!

Top Bottom