New Version - 4.7.3 (April 28, 2024)

I saw a younger man playing Civ V on his laptop as I walked by him on the train home this evening. I stopped to inquire, and sure enough he was playing VP.

I never imagined the heights this project would reach, and I can't thank the team -- old and new -- enough for the tremendous work they've graced us all with.

Kudos, from the top down.
I hope you gave him some pointers, like "Why are you sending that worker there?" or perhaps "you need more military or Shaka is gonna make you regret it".

I mean, sure. But if you are already familiar with base Civ V promotion gameplay, it shouldn't be that hard to familiarize yourself with VP's promotion gameplay.
You'd think so, but I have 6200 hours in Civ 5, probably half of that in VP, and during my last playthrough I had some questions about promotions. It's not all that easy to find.

Anyone started getting random freezes on the research screen?

Not sure if it's related:

[2484.953] TechTree: Can't expand tech 3 Military Strategy
[2484.953] TechTree: Can't expand tech 5 Fishing
[2484.953] TechTree: Can't expand tech 11 Bronze Working
[2484.953] TechTree: Can't expand tech 13 Trade
[2484.968] TechTree: Couldn't expand 5 Fishing
[2484.968] TechTree: Couldn't expand 11 Bronze Working
But it never happened in Ancient Era. It does in Renaissance.

Edit: I also saw there were some changes in resource generation. Not sure if it affects strategic resources generation, but I finally stopped getting ~200 of them on the sparse setting. Now, the problem is, that every tile is 1 of Iron/Horse even though the setting that controls it is set to normal. Or both settings are swapped somehow?

Last edited:
I feel civs are falling apart too easy too early not just to me but also to other agressive AIs.
(ofc not if they have very good defensive lands)
Current game Austria (3-4 cities) even got erased by Greece before Medieval.

I feel civs are falling apart too easy too early not just to me but also to other agressive AIs.
(ofc not if they have very good defensive lands)
Current game Austria (3-4 cities) even got erased by Greece before Medieval.
I'm new to deity but i cannot make it till renaissance or later unless i intentionally attack aggressive warmonger when i feel they are going to erase someone even if the war i'll wage won't get me a city or additional land.
It spreads their armies thin enough for the squishier civ to be able to defend it self and not let the early warminger run away.
In my experience your observation is correct unless the human player intervenes, however on the other continent there is always a player or two that are erased early if there is an authority warmonger on it.

I'm new to deity but i cannot make it till renaissance or later unless i intentionally attack aggressive warmonger when i feel they are going to erase someone even if the war i'll wage won't get me a city or additional land.
It spreads their armies thin enough for the squishier civ to be able to defend it self and not let the early warminger run away.
In my experience your observation is correct unless the human player intervenes, however on the other continent there is always a player or two that are erased early if there is an authority warmonger on it.
I've only tested on emperor I could try some immortal but likely similar results.
Loosing a city sure but I find it a bit worrying that civs crumble THAT easy.
I suspect non authority civs are playing too greedy, maybe its also the nerfs on city defense thats kicked in?

The instant yields from Epona the great Mare do not scale with game speed. Is this a bug?

It scales with both era and game speed.

I absolutely agree, same thing happened in my last two games on deity and in one of them progress Inca (!) with no help from any neighbor deleted America with 4 cities in medieval, lmao

I absolutely agree, same thing happened in my last two games on deity and in one of them progress Inca (!) with no help from any neighbor deleted America with 4 cities in medieval, lmao
The inca almost always runaway if they go progress, in my last deity game as the Celts they removed Japan in medieval as well.

Incan UU is extremely potent. It is a very early 2-range military unit which can hide in nearby mountain, thus being immune to melee attacks.

Incan UU is extremely potent. It is a very early 2-range military unit which can hide in nearby mountain, thus being immune to melee attacks.
And UA usually means a good amount of "free" science.

Has anyone had problems with the strategic resource top panel? Using EUI, only horse shows up there. Does not happen if not using EUI - does not happen in 4.2.7, but does happen in 4.4.2, when the top panel was reordered so horse would show up first.

"Lugh, the Skilled One" in the Celtic Pantheon is not functioning properly. "+10% Production towards Wonders" is not working correctly.

I think it's not consistent that is not possible to melee attack enemy ship when there is neutral embarked unit under it. I don't want to do anything to neutrals, I just want to attack my enemy that I have a war with.

I think it's not consistent that is not possible to melee attack enemy ship when there is neutral embarked unit under it. I don't want to do anything to neutrals, I just want to attack my enemy that I have a war with.
Agreed. But it shouldn't be possible if the enemy is an embarked unit under a neutral ship instead.

Had enough time to play until Spaceship.

Looks like purchasing SS parts bugged (Freedom tenet) - producing instatnt CTD

Top Bottom