Newbie inquiry about resources

Silmaril-Seeker

Chieftain
Sorry if this has been covered already, I'm a little late to this game (and forum).

My question is, can you inadvertently rob yourself of future resource by improving terrain? For example, rubber is only available in jungles. What happens if you clear your jungles in the Ancient era, before the rubber is "visible" to you. Will you then have no chance of ever finding rubber in those squares?

The rubber will still appear in those squares, yes.
Although if you clear jungle after replaceable parts has been researched (the tech required to see rubber), and a source of rubber is used up, then it will not appear where the jungle used to be.

Hope that helps, and welcome to CfC :)

Ps: For future reference, you can ask quick questions in the "Quick answers" thread at the top of this forum...

Thanks for the pointer to the Quick Answers thread.

I was not aware that new resources could spontaneously appear on the map. I had heard that they will randomly dry up on you, but I didn't know it went the other way as well. Thanks!

That's one of the many benefits to having a huge empire with a comprehensive road system. Often, when your resource dries up, it will reappear somewhere else in your empire, already connected to a road.

Top Bottom