[BTS] News: BOTM 118 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
First up, welcome back Jeffa! A former regular player who has just returned to submit his first game in over a year. Jeffa almost never failed to win a medal or award of some description, and this game is no exception – straight in to win fastest domination (1320AD) and the gold medal. A pretty good date considering how many AI opponents there were, as well as the rather poor starting area. Silver also went to a domination – in 1410 AD by Ronnie1, while bcool landed bronze (and the cow) with an extraordinarily early 1620AD space win. kcd_swede pulled off the only other fastest victory award, with a 1725AD diplo! It seems that no one went for anything other than space, diplo or domination so there are no other fastest awards this time!

As always, well done everyone. There were many impressive victory dates that I personally could never hope to match, and fill me with amazement that anyone can win the game in so few turns! Congratulations!

Summary of Medal Winners:

Jeffa: 1320 AD Domination Victory, 262,370 points.

Ronnie1: 1410 AD Domination Victory, 211,056 points.

bcool: 1620 AD Spaceship Victory, 203,980 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

kcd_swede: 1725 AD Diplomatic Victory, 100,678 points.

Other Award Winners:

nocho: 1685 AD Spaceship Victory, 174,198 points.

marbe166: 1932 AD Diplomatic Victory, 46,728 points.

greatbeyond: 1960 AD Domination Victory, 33,897 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled. Everyone chose the plains hill, perhaps not too surprisingly given what you could see around you!

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Thanks for a fun game! Kinda sad that the numbers of submitters is so low... but if that's what it takes for me to get a fastest finish award, there is a silver lining. Also note, something is fishy in Denmark, a Swede is at #4 in the global rankings. OK, we only got 55 active players left, apparently (though seasonal variations would indicate the Xmas season is a low-point normally, and the recent intro of a new Civ VI game too) but when we get down to only one, it will be me. :woohoo:

Seriously folks, :hatsoff: that's some awesome games in the Medalists, and I hope you keep on truckin'!

Top Bottom