[BTS] News: BOTM 125 Results and Congratulations

neilmeister

Lentils have feelings too
GOTM Staff
We have to welcome back frederiksberg after a 40 game hiatus from BOTM, he clearly isnt too rusty as he took the gold. Jovan Kukic grabbed silver and Xcalibrator the bronze.
Military victories filled all the medal places, I guess Darius is more naturally a fighter than a lover.

Here is where everyone settled:

Summary of Medal Winners:

frederiksberg: 1505 AD Domination Victory, 492,017 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1360 AD Conquest Victory, 368,593 points.

Xcalibrator: 1802 AD Conquest Victory, 174,370 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

solyaris: 1605 AD Cultural Victory, 105,422 points.

Other Award Winners:

Zhary: 1836 AD Conquest Victory, 125,482 points.

nocho: 1806 AD Cultural Victory, 87,319 points.

DynamicSpirit: 1906 AD Diplomatic Loss, 8,541 points.

kcd_swede: 1927 AD Conquest Loss, 2,513 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

End of BtS BOTM 125 results.

welcome back frederiksberg after a 40 game hiatus from BOTM

Thanks :). I have actually started playing around half of those 40 games but never got round to finishing. The second part of the games are normally quite time consuming. I would love if small maps were used more often.

Thanks to neilmeister and the staff for this game. I got off to a lucky start and that was probably what kept me going through the second half of the game :goodjob:.

My first red ambulance after all these years.:assimilate:

Thanks :). I have actually started playing around half of those 40 games but never got round to finishing. The second part of the games are normally quite time consuming. I would love if small maps were used more often.

That's actually a good reminder. There actually was a decision a year or so ago that we'd try to use small maps more often for exactly the reason you gave, but I think several of us on the staff kinda slowly forgot that over time. I'll try to remember that again for my games in future.

And it was a nice map. I thought having immortals made immortal level playable - rather appropriately. Still a hard game - big congrats to the few who managed to win!

Congrats to the Winners and Thanks for the Losers for submitting.

I started this one and had early immortal wars against each neighbor. Both (3?) times had to settle for peace without getting all I wanted. First war vs Joao took one city and the metal, then attacked capital with 7 immortals vs 3 archers. Lost 3 and only wounded 1. So, gave up on capital and pillaged and razed other city. Likewise didn't get Viking capital only took a couple cities. Didn't have time to finish nor submit.

Thanks for the game, Neil. :) I wish I had the knack for rushes that many of you have--it would save a lot of time!

I'll say it was a fun start as well. I ran out of gas about 1600ad owning about 45% of the map but it was getting harder and becoming very time consuming. I usually try to submit a retired save, but I got lazy with that also. Thanks for the continued efforts to all of the staff!

Main thing for me was engineering a start where I could guarantee horses in everyone's BFC. Immortal is hard enough!

Top Bottom